Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sims 3 Island Paradise - MERMAIDS!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    here's how to become a mermaid: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mermaid

It's a regular town. With the latest patch you can move existing Sims into it. Only difference is that this one has resorts you can stay at.

yeah but it has so many launch bugs. I have been sitting her for 4 hours trying to get the damn thing to work. Went to the forum and EVERYONE is having these stupid bugs and freezing/crashing issues -_- I wont be a mermaid tonight in it at least. argh.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Between this and Sim City launch, sounds like they have trouble releasing things without any hiccups. Sorry you won't get to play a mermaid tonight.

Hmm...I have had a glitch or two, but it hasn't been running any worse for me than World Adventures did. I actually cheated my way to a mermaid in a few moments. But I saw Raina's video on facebook. Happy to see that she got it working. I'll take the videos of her swimming for real any day. As if we needed more proof that reality beats fantasy.

it freezes any time I try to check into a resort, and for me (not sure if it's like this for anyone else) the graphics turn bad underwater. But yeah, I finally got to be a mermaid, after staying up WAY too late.

As you can see, even with my graphics turned all the way up and my top of the line graphics card, it was VERY pixelated.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I've never played sims, but as an experienced old Second-Lifer, I can say there have been mermaid-related areas and stuff since the very beginning, and there is a thriving "mer-community", too.
    The graphics are way better as well, and you can make all your outfits yourself if you want.

I'm not on there a lot anymore, but I used to make mermaid, fairy and fantasy stuff, and ran a RP group for a while.
    SL is free to play.
    I could post a few pictures as comparison, but I don't want to derail too much.

yeah I've tried second life and didn't see much point, haha I like sims, I like playing sandbox games.

got my graphics fixed!

Name:  Screenshot-31.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  82.0 KB

Hmm...so now we need some Sims mermaid stories. The mother of a family that I've been working on ate some mermaidic kelp and found that being a mermaid in the inland town of Twinbrook was harder than it seemed. The warm weather left her often dried out...and so did the fire resulting from her husband's attempt to fix the TV one late night. Despite her frustration with him they did woohoo in their son's treehouse the next day. She's in her second trimester now, packing in the watermelon to make sure she gives birth to a little mergirl.

Good luck with your mer families! I created a girl who bought a resort and is learning to snorkel and scuba dive so I can go out and befriend a mermaid and get some kelp stuff. I am way too excited for this expansion.

It seems Dionne Bromfield has been doing promotional photos for the Sims3 mermaids. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...hotoshoot.html

Name:  article-2349728-1A889A5C000005DC-718_634x442.jpg
Views: 2879
Size:  61.2 KB

Guess I'm going to have to get my Sims3 game back from my sister! And now that I have a better computer, it will actually be playable! Wheee!

My only complaint about this game is that my mermaid wants to swim EVERYWHERE. She takes hours to get somewhere simple. I just make her teleport instead.

I LOVE THIS GAME. Does anyone have an online acount at thesims3.com?? I would love to friend you.
    Instagram: @harrietmedmonds
    Twitter: @babsannee

"Immortality is simply ubiquity in time." - Herman Melville
    "Be the flame, not the moth." - Giacomo Casanova

yah! Rainawater add me

My online account is onedarkflame Feel free to add me. I really enjoy the mermaid expansion but I have got to fix the pixelation too!

Chesapeake Pod
    I think I have an account O_O lol. Try SimmySmileys
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."