Page 185 of 191 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 3804

Thread: Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Has anyone ordered a Mythic recently, and if so, have you heard anything? I ordered one on black Friday and was promised shipping updates but have so far received... nothing. I've emailed before I ordered asking for clarification on a mistake on the item's description but heard nothing back, I took a chance and bought it anyway. I don't even know if it's been shipped yet. Is Finfolk known for really bad customer service or is it just me?

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Holly View Post
    Has anyone ordered a Mythic recently, and if so, have you heard anything? I ordered one on black Friday and was promised shipping updates but have so far received... nothing. I've emailed before I ordered asking for clarification on a mistake on the item's description but heard nothing back, I took a chance and bought it anyway. I don't even know if it's been shipped yet. Is Finfolk known for really bad customer service or is it just me?
    I just received part of my shipment from my Black Friday order so I'd expect to hear something soon and if you still don't, email them. They're still a small company and trying to expand, so customer responses can be painfully slow. It doesn't help that Mythics seem to be a pain to mail anyway and its December which is an incredibly busy month for postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer Coralia View Post
    I just received part of my shipment from my Black Friday order so I'd expect to hear something soon and if you still don't, email them. They're still a small company and trying to expand, so customer responses can be painfully slow. It doesn't help that Mythics seem to be a pain to mail anyway and its December which is an incredibly busy month for postage.
    True, okay thanks. I just have to learn to be patient.

Sent from my SM-J327P using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    True, okay thanks. I just have to learn to be patient.

Sent from my SM-J327P using MerNetwork mobile app
    Apparently they were waiting on shipping supplies. So hopefully you'll have a notification by tomorrow if you haven't received anything yet. <3

IT'S HERE! HOLY CARP, I'M DYING!
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

And just in time for Christmas! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SCREAMING FOR YOU!!!

Is there a thread to properly clean my Finfolk tail? I haven’t tried it on yet because I haven’t had time or daylight. I’m debating on just trying to get it on with just water. If that doesn’t work, I’ll use water based lube. I’m so paranoid about mold! I don’t want it to mold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by badkidbebe View Post
    Is there a thread to properly clean my Finfolk tail? I haven’t tried it on yet because I haven’t had time or daylight. I’m debating on just trying to get it on with just water. If that doesn’t work, I’ll use water based lube. I’m so paranoid about mold! I don’t want it to mold!!!

Did it not come with a care sheet? I know from experience with other silicone products that soap is bad. I boil my diva cup to sanitize it, but I doubt your tail will fit in a pot on the stove I think they recommend a very good, hot rinse, then prop the tail open with a fan blowing inside to dry it quickly and prevent mold from forming. I have seen others suggest every now and then a soak in the tub with baking soda (?) to neutralize the chlorine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Currently deciding on a color/design and saving up for my first tail!

@MeliPixie oh! no it didn’t. I forgot about a care sheet. The delivery time was pretty tight so I think including a care sheet was a simple mistake. Im sure I can have one emailed to me if I ask!

Hahah I definitely can’t find a pot big enough to boil it lol! I saw some use some sort of Clorox wipes but I forgot where.

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    There's a sticky thread all about caring for your tail here: https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...ight=tail+care

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    It's a tail. Fabric, silicone, whatever. Use a bath scrubbie and some soap and wash it, rinse it well, dry itinside and out with towels and prop it up so air can circulate to dry completely. Mold doesn't grow on dry surfaces.

If you're that paranoid, how are you ever going to swim in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I just heard back from them. I should have production pictures by next week!
    Well, that never happened...

Try emailing them again? It seems they have been extremely busy, with the fabric tails and unforseen issues getting the warehouse up and running. Perhaps they just forgot to send the photos?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Currently deciding on a color/design and saving up for my first tail!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    The curse of the Fabric Tail Fever has grasped FinFolk with a strong talon.... who knows when they'll focus on the silicone tails again.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    It's a tail. Fabric, silicone, whatever. Use a bath scrubbie and some soap and wash it, rinse it well, dry itinside and out with towels and prop it up so air can circulate to dry completely. Mold doesn't grow on dry surfaces.

If you're that paranoid, how are you ever going to swim in it?
    Thank you PearlieMae for the straightforward tips! I’ll be sure to follow! If my paranoia keeps getting to me, it’ll just be the most expensive wall art I own LOL! J/k 🤣

my tail is currently under my couch because my house has all this wedding stuff, crafts, presents, etc. everywhere and I’m still trying to clean up and have a nice spacious well lit place to try on my tail without stuff around or obstructions (my place is so small!) I was going to try it on during winter break but I got sick with the a bad cold AGAIN.

I really do want to swim in it but I want my first swim to be in my sister’s pool who lives a little far from me. She has a heated pool that’s super filtered! No chlorine or salt so it’s like bathwater and I can see underwater better too. It’s a great place to practice since I’m so new. I know I sound weird and irrational for not trying it on right away but i want to be 100% comfortable in myself and in my surroundings for my first time. Also it’s just so pretty you don’t want anything to happen to it lol!

Ugh bummer. I hope they get back to you when they’re back from vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Salty View Post
    There's a sticky thread all about caring for your tail here: https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...ight=tail+care
    Yes!!! This! I’ll be reading it thoroughly! Thank youuuu!!!!

I bought one of the Te Fiti tops today!

Name:  doIrGka.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  139.4 KB

They haven't shown what it looks like yet, but I bought the arctic blue one to go with my sea sapphire tail. I can't wait to see what my top looks like.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I bought one of the Te Fiti tops today!

Name:  doIrGka.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  139.4 KB

They haven't shown what it looks like yet, but I bought the arctic blue one to go with my sea sapphire tail. I can't wait to see what my top looks like.
    Ooo! Love that green one!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Page 185 of 191 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189 ... LastLast