So I just went back through all my Facebook messages and it looks like I first contacted them to ask about ordering a tail on April 23. They shipped my tail yesterday, June 17. So that was less than three months but keep in mind that was with sculpting ALL new molds, including the scales. Which they sculpted individually, by hand, out of clay. Because I was that picky about the shape and the little details on the scales. That was the part that took the longest. Now that they have that scale sheet done it would go a lot faster. The second longest was probably my fluke sculpture. I kept sending them pictures and ideas throughout the process and they kept sending me progress pictures, which was awesome. Once all the molds were done it went really fast, probably only a couple of weeks. They worked really hard and did such an amazing job!

Anyway, I know they did have to cut the Competitor a little, but because it is such a nice expensive monofin I wanted to sacrifice as little of it as possible, so all they really did was round off the sharp edges (to keep it from tearing the silicone) and trim a notch in the middle to accommodate the middle part of the fluke shape. Mostly they just built onto it, so as to preserve as much of the surface area (and power) of the monofin as possible.