Page 11 of 191 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifi Tigg View Post
    So excited for everyone! Just heard from Finfolk that Emily's little tail will be finished in a few weeks!
    YAY! I'm so glad she's finally getting a tail!!
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail

Senior Member Union of Pods of the North Marie-Josie Cayer's Avatar
    Add Marie-Josie Cayer on Facebook
    Glad that Finfolk ladies are catching up smoothly for their production. Just can't wait and see final results for all your tails! I think we should give more credit to Finfolks to make all those dream tails come true!

So excited! Now I can't seem to decide on the shape of my pectoral fins... I know I want them, I'm just not sure which ones to pick. @_@
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

What are the options and what fluke are you going with Octavia? Maybe we can help?
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lorelei View Post
    What are the options and what fluke are you going with Octavia? Maybe we can help?

That would be wonderful! ;; The fluke I'm getting is the standard/classic one, like this: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...79580572_o.jpg and I'm not sure there is a finite list of options for pectoral fins, honestly. I know Finfolk is super busy so I don't want to pester them by asking tons of questions.

Initially I was going for pectorals like on this tail, but when I see it in the water, I don't care much for it. It might be better if it stopped mid-thigh, maybe? But there's also pectorals like ChristoMer has: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...11948724_o.jpg These are more pointed(?), I guess? Honestly, I'm looking for something that's both pretty and functional. With a black tail, I'd love for it to look badass but I'm at such a loss... @_@ I hope this blathering makes even a lick of sense.

Personally, I would go for the fins like ChristoMer's if you're hoping for a badass black tail. :3 Is the entire tail going to be black, or are you going to have highlight colors?
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    Fifi - I am WAY excited for you. What colour palette did you pick for little Emily? She's gonna be so thrilled.
    Dan - I'm looking forward to seeing another merman tail! Merman dorsals, WOOHOO! (also, the red of your tail is gonna go well with your farmer's tank, lol)
    Octavia - I am so psyched for you. Like I told you before ... URSULA COLOURED TAIL. Lol. I think a black and purple with silver highlights and a mean looking dorsal would be kickass, but that's just me. Can't wait to see what you decide on!
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Theo - How exaaactly does one apply the lube to get in the tail, lol

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Btw Syrena, saw you in the Yahoo article. You looked lovely. Too bad they didn't feature your new tail from Finfolk.

Waikiki Mermaid: Aww, thank you, you're a sweetheart. <3 Yeah, my Finfolk tail was still in the first stages of being cast in silicone at the time, so it wasn't in the article. Which is a pity, but oh well! I have high hopes that it's gonna arrive today.

Add Merley on Facebook
    Fins crossed for you. I love watching mers get their tails. Unboxing vids are 90% of the reason I come on here. Can't wait to see you in it. That fluke is just godly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lorelei View Post
    Personally, I would go for the fins like ChristoMer's if you're hoping for a badass black tail. :3 Is the entire tail going to be black, or are you going to have highlight colors?
    The base color will be black and then there will be purple stripes from front to back and a gradient silver belly, like my neoprene tail (though it's probably hard to see in my avi). I think you're right with the badass fins like ChristoMer has. I hope he doesn't mind. >>

Thank you, Syrena! No dorsal for me, I think. Maybe in the future but I don't like how dorsals seem to pull open waists on the tails I've seen. That's why I'm going for pectorals instead. EDIT: PLUS I realize in the gigs I do, there's a lot of sitting involved and I'm afraid that would just ruin a dorsal. I do a lot of volunteer appearances with the Oregon Mermaids and a lot of times, we're sitting in some kind of chair!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    In the interest of keeping mine a tad realistic, this is what I originally sent to Finfolk:

(Formerly known as Æolius)

I'm so excited to see your tail, Dan, seriously! Ahhhh, it's going to look awesome.

Name:  IMG_20131018_230127.jpg
Views: 2144
Size:  91.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20131018_230318.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  136.6 KB

Hyper-excited unboxing/unboxed videos! Finfolk tail with the new Loreena fluke. SO BEAUTIFUL. ALL TEH BEAUTY. *hyperventilates* Sorry for the Instagram filters, the lighting was bad. I'll upload an unboxing vid when I can!

WOOOOOW!!! <3

Add Merley on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syrena View Post
    Name:  IMG_20131018_230127.jpg
Views: 2144
Size:  91.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20131018_230318.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  136.6 KB

Hyper-excited unboxing/unboxed videos! Finfolk tail with the new Loreena fluke. SO BEAUTIFUL. ALL TEH BEAUTY. *hyperventilates* Sorry for the Instagram filters, the lighting was bad. I'll upload an unboxing vid when I can!
    There are the pictures I came to see. Congrats, it suits you, Syrena. Love your face You look so happy. Now be a dear and put it on. :]

When mermaid Syrena got her brand new tail

"Suck it, fish haters!"

Follow Sherl On Twitter
    Congrats on finally receiving your tail, Syrena! Can't wait to see your unboxing video
    Always in need of Vitamin Sea!

That has to be one of the most beautiful tails I have ever seen! Congratulations Syrena!
    Formerly known as "kimmie".

Page 11 of 191 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast