Page 139 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 3804

Thread: Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Wait, does that mean they won't be doing custom sizes either??

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    I had their first customer ordered individual scaled tail. Cyanea's seen it in person as well. It's really thick compared to the regular tails and if you have fins, it's harder to roll down. But to me, it seems a bit more durable and in water, you really don't notice any difference. Except that it has kept me warmer

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Yeah, Odette said she's been doing individual scales for a long time, but didn't disclose it. I was working on my first pretty much concurrently with Finfolk. They finished theirs way before I did. Odette got annoyed when people started calling it the Pearlie Method, then she disappeared.

Finfolk's individual scale tails, and Odette's tails don't fasten the scales down completely, where mine are sealed completely.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Attachment 31986

I asked for permission before posting. There will be an official announcement.
    While I completely understand, and wish them all the best of a well deserved break/reorganization, this still breaks my heart.
    I'm going to need to drastically switch gears with the future of my dream tail, and it looks like Finfolk might be off the table
    Also really curious how these premade tails will be with sizing.
    Last edited by Mermaid Freyja; 08-05-2015 at 03:22 AM.

I'm always heartbroken when tailmakers are selling premade tails— they're always too big or too long for me. :c I can definitely understand wanting a break from custom orders, though!

By their wording I'm assuming they mean they're just going to take fewer custom orders, not discontinue them completely. So there may still be hope for people who want custom tails, at least!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Maybe they could do something like Raven was planning to do with the lunar kio tail, display a design that someone buys and then sends them their measurements and gets that particular design made to their measurements?

For someone like me, who is awful at making creative decisions I think it's a cool idea, Abbey and Bryn have always had amazing designs, although I agree it may be slightly harder to see a preMADE tail (personally I'm slightly short and rather valuations, so I never fit premade tails so I totally understand the worry there) it would be very easy to sell a preDESIGNED tail, so maybe that's a direction they could go with this since that way they still get to design anything they want, but people know the design they want will still fit perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Maybe they could do something like Raven was planning to do with the lunar kio tail, display a design that someone buys and then sends them their measurements and gets that particular design made to their measurements?

For someone like me, who is awful at making creative decisions I think it's a cool idea, Abbey and Bryn have always had amazing designs, although I agree it may be slightly harder to see a preMADE tail (personally I'm slightly short and rather valuations, so I never fit premade tails so I totally understand the worry there) it would be very easy to sell a preDESIGNED tail, so maybe that's a direction they could go with this since that way they still get to design anything they want, but people know the design they want will still fit perfectly.
    Maybe a pre-built and pre-painted tail that can then be adjusted to the customer's measurements when they order? It will be interesting to see what they come up with!

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Freyja View Post
    Maybe a pre-built and pre-painted tail that can then be adjusted to the customer's measurements when they order? It will be interesting to see what they come up with!
    That would be cool. I have a color scheme and a general quality that I want to my tail, but I would love to give my concept to the twins or Raven and just say "have fun with it." It would be really hard to choose from pre-made tales, and especially if I fell in love with one but the size was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Freyja View Post
    I feel like that could potentially end up being a lot more work than it's worth IMO. Put it together and paint it, only to have to take it apart, trim it down/add more onto it and then repaint it once it's sold... It would be a lot easier to just sell pre-designs in that case.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania
    Add Mermaid Stardust on Facebook
    Whew!...so glad I got my custom order in before this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavana Starfish View Post
    That would be cool. I have a color scheme and a general quality that I want to my tail, but I would love to give my concept to the twins or Raven and just say "have fun with it." It would be really hard to choose from pre-made tales, and especially if I fell in love with one but the size was wrong.
    That's what I did with mine I gave them the colors and told them to put it together however they like! They definitely did not disappoint!
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

I thought I'd share a quick update pic with you. Just for you guys

Name:  11872797_10207278882350769_1078015457_n.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  92.6 KB

<3<3<3
    Mermaid Riia
    (Merenneito Riia)

Finland's first mermaid entertainer

www.merenneitoriia.fi

user formerly known as Riiarin

Omg all those purples!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riiarin View Post
    I thought I'd share a quick update pic with you. Just for you guys

Name:  11872797_10207278882350769_1078015457_n.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  92.6 KB

<3<3<3
    I was wondering who that tail was going to!! SO gorgeous!!!
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Ooooooooooh muh goodness... Whomever Christel Mermaid is, she is one lucky fishy.

---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Omg, so much eye candy all at once! My heart can't take it!

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Merman Jamie's Avatar
    More Awesome Tails

Abby and Bryn are rock stars! Just look at those gorgeous tails ahh! So much pretty!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Ahh so many beautiful new tails!

Page 139 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast