Page 180 of 191 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 3804

Thread: Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar
    None on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got an update that it's scheduled to be finished at the end of August/early September. I can't wait to start getting picture updates. That's when it's going to really feel like it's happening.

Jake! That's awesome!!! I can't wait to see it!!! When was your original production date? Nov 2016?

I should email them again about mine. I wanted to have a birthday pool /"untailing" party thats in September!

Quote Originally Posted by badkidbebe View Post
    Jake! That's awesome!!! I can't wait to see it!!! When was your original production date? Nov 2016?

I should email them again about mine. I wanted to have a birthday pool /"untailing" party thats in September!

My original production date was October 2016. Yours was August, right? If my new date is end of August/early September, then your tail should be right around the corner.

Just got this reply in Basecamp from my qn in March:

Hey Nicole!
    Yes, we have started to use color changing paint on our tails. This shouldn't be an issue to add to your tail. We are currently on an 18+ month wait time for all silicone orders. This being said please feel free to keep updating your designs and asking questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

I'm not sure what 18+ month wait means at the moment, will wait on a reply... but does that mean I can only expect it some time next year....? My original production date was Nov 16.

I agree with you Mermaid Marius she is skilled and good at it, she should have been able to come up with her own ideas and designs not duplicate or steal their, the twins worked very hard to make their tails unique to each clients dream tail for someone to just come and take it, but thats just me saying.

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    Hey guys, at what stage in the process did you get given an estimated completion month for your tails from FF? I've been on Basecamp for over 6 months and haven't heard a peep. I just want to know a rough timeline. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Salty View Post
    Hey guys, at what stage in the process did you get given an estimated completion month for your tails from FF? I've been on Basecamp for over 6 months and haven't heard a peep. I just want to know a rough timeline. Any ideas?
    Hi Mermaid Salty, can't really remember when they informed me on my initial production month but it was a couple of months after I made my deposit. I'm still awaiting my revised production month as of now. Have you dropped them a message?

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by NaiaMarina View Post
    Hi Mermaid Salty, can't really remember when they informed me on my initial production month but it was a couple of months after I made my deposit. I'm still awaiting my revised production month as of now. Have you dropped them a message?

Hi NaiaMarina, Thanks for your reply. I have been adding comments to basecamp (because I really didn't want to add to the 1000s of emails and DMs they must recieve) but I think I will shoot them an email. I understand how busy they are, but it's a bit disheartening to see extremely active social media, mythic tails rolling out the wazoo and hearing zip about a custom silicone after all this time. Everyone keeps asking me "when?" and I literally have no idea. People think I'm being scammed. I know I am not but that is how it appears to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Salty View Post
    Hi NaiaMarina, Thanks for your reply. I have been adding comments to basecamp (because I really didn't want to add to the 1000s of emails and DMs they must recieve) but I think I will shoot them an email. I understand how busy they are, but it's a bit disheartening to see extremely active social media, mythic tails rolling out the wazoo and hearing zip about a custom silicone after all this time. Everyone keeps asking me "when?" and I literally have no idea. People think I'm being scammed. I know I am not but that is how it appears to others.
    Yea, send them an email. That is what I did before their latest reply after months of no response.

I know exactly what you mean. Same thing gg on on my side as well. Everyone is curious to see my tail and they wonder if I've been scammed as well haha! Don't fret. Just gotta be patient, that's all we can do When u do get a reply on your production month do update! It's exciting to read about updates from fellow merfolk

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 7.25.00 AM.png
Views: 500
Size:  636.4 KB

I think this might be my favorite tail they've made to date.

It's pretty damn amazing!!! I wonder who it belongs to!

Also a quick update and my timeline since I think ppl were curious before. They announced my production month a few months (maybe 5 months?) after my deposit. Deposit was send Sept 2015, production month was announced probably March or May 2016, Production month was supposed to be August 2016. No updates until in Feb 2017 where went 180 and I told them I wanted a black/white tail instead of pink and they acknowledged the change but they painted my tail pink anyways without showing a mock-up and paints. It was lovely but my heart is black lol! So they had to repaint it but it was no problem! The repaint is stunning and I threw some other ideas about color changing pigments. I requested a mockup or preview before painting more instead they gave me another progress photo of more layers of paint but now I'm not sure if I like it. There's a teeny bit of blue and purple added but I'm not sure if I'm feeling it. it's frustrating because I'm all over the place with ideas and they're always busy so I feel like I'm getting lost in translation. I would love to be able to communicate with them in person or something. They twins are on vacation right now so I will hopefully hear back from them after!

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest Mermaid Marius's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Marius On Twitter
    Follow Mermaid Marius on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 7.25.00 AM.png
Views: 500
Size:  636.4 KB

I think this might be my favorite tail they've made to date.
    I know this lucky mer! She looks stunning

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Marius View Post
    I know this lucky mer! She looks stunning

so jelly

I'm surprised how it turned out. Very cool. Which is exciting for the design direction I'd like to go in ^^

Is she also in the Minnesota Renaissance Fair?

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest Mermaid Marius's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Marius On Twitter
    Follow Mermaid Marius on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Mer Coralia View Post
    so jelly

I'm surprised how it turned out. Very cool. Which is exciting for the design direction I'd like to go in ^^

Is she also in the Minnesota Renaissance Fair?
    Yes and no. She usually wrangles for us and on occasion will get in tail. This year she isn't with us because she's actually started working for Finfolk!

Anyone seen the Perth Mermaids Unboxing videos yet??

Here are the video links if you haven't seen them yet:

• Mermaid Jessica: https://youtu.be/7q5UatGg7cQ

• Mermaid Amelia: https://youtu.be/J3Hq9fIAHEE

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by NaiaMarina View Post
    Anyone seen the Perth Mermaids Unboxing videos yet??

Here are the video links if you haven't seen them yet:

• Mermaid Jessica: https://youtu.be/7q5UatGg7cQ

• Mermaid Amelia: https://youtu.be/J3Hq9fIAHEE

Enjoy!

YES OMG! I love that there's like 5 videos to hold me over until another unboxing lol!!! Their tails are absolutely stunning!!!

@badkidbebe I saw your tail on Insta! What a gothic beauty! Can't wait to see the full reveal!!!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    FinFolk has to-die-for paint jobs. :00

@naiamarina thanks hun!!!! I'm SOOOOO READY to get it omg. It's been over 2 years lol

Page 180 of 191 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast