Page 4 of 191 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Yay, Lorelei! I can't wait to swim with you! I...do have to practice putting it on a few more times, it's so tight it took me about an hour to struggle into. I think I have a better idea now of what it takes, though. You read all about other people's experiences, you think you know what you're getting into....then you try it yourself, haha. Well, they made it a bit extra tight for me because I told them I've been losing weight lately, and I was worried that if I keep losing weight it would end up too baggy. So this way it will accommodate a bit more weight loss (which I will hopefully accomplish!).

Yay I'm so excited for my next day off so I can try it out again!

Hahaha, I'm happy to help you get in if you need it. I've done it a couple of times now and I have a few tips. :3
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Oh, haha, thanks. I think I have a slightly better idea of what to do now, but yeah, I might still need the help. Depends on whether my mertender decides to come with me or not.

er-ma-gerrrd its beautiful! And you look gorgeous in it! I'm so jelllly! I cannot wait to get started on the molding process with my tail!

I'm going to try to get some more, better pictures of it soon. Took it for another swim today, this time at a bigger pool, and it was awesome and everyone was coming to look and ask me about it! We didn't bring a camera because we weren't sure about the photo policy at the Y but they said it was fine to do, so hopefully tomorrow we will do that! Then I'm gonna write up my full review.

That tail is amazing! I'm hoping to order from FinFolk once I get the funds saved up.

You should! I think they are just getting better and better! My attempts to get better pics of me in my tail keep getting foiled But hopefully today I will try again, as it's my day off.

More pictures please! <3

So pretty! And haha good luck getting into it :P Is it really that tight?

Ok, just got some more pics up! You can see them in my album here
    And feel free to like my new mermaid page as well

Agh, that tail is so gorgeous in the new photos! I'm practically drooling over it!

I loooooooooooove it It looks so incredible in the water, too. First experiment with our new GoPro, but my husband and I decided that we suck as cinematographers :P We're going to have to practice more before we can get decent videos but I'm hoping to maybe get some screencaps from the video clips we did get today. Just...the videos would make everyone seasick to watch :P

This is Amazingly gorgeous! How long did you wait for it? I read the horror stories of others waiting almost a year to get tails from elsewhere. That seems so unnecessary when these and the other guy's are so top of the line!

I waited just under three months from when I first contacted them to ask about ordering, to when it showed up at my door. And that was WITH all the completely custom sculpture work (they sculped all my fins, fluke, and each and every scale by hand). Now that they have the new scale mold done it takes them far less time; I've seen on their Facebook page that they look like they've already almost finished at least one new tail for another customer, all while working on their own tails for their big Hawaii project. Go like them on Facebook and follow their progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Pearl View Post
    This is Amazingly gorgeous! How long did you wait for it? I read the horror stories of others waiting almost a year to get tails from elsewhere. That seems so unnecessary when these and the other guy's are so top of the line!
    That's what I'm screaming! The ONLY reason it's become accepted to wait that long for a tail is because the most popular tailmakers are so flooded with work. It's like, come on, dude. Does it HAVE to be a merbellas? Is that really the ONLY studio on the planet that is capable of giving you a beautiful, high quality tail?
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarotte View Post
    That's what I'm screaming! The ONLY reason it's become accepted to wait that long for a tail is because the most popular tailmakers are so flooded with work. It's like, come on, dude. Does it HAVE to be a merbellas? Is that really the ONLY studio on the planet that is capable of giving you a beautiful, high quality tail?
    Nope! I think Merbellas makes beautiful tails and I wanted one for the longest time, but now I'm really glad I went with Finfolk instead. They were so awesome to work with and I had a completely custom tail just in time for summer! There are enough tailmakers out there that you don't have to settle for waiting six months, yeesh.

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Finfolk is now my absolute favorite tailmaker... I can't believe how fast they whipped out that next tail after they finished yours! I am starting a tail fund yesterday, lol. And omg, the new pictures...
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Senior Member Union of Pods of the North Marie-Josie Cayer's Avatar
    Add Marie-Josie Cayer on Facebook
    I am tired waiting after Fish Butts for a partial silicone tail that have been ordered back in October 1st 2012 and never heard about it again. Decided to put a deposit in end July for a Finfolk Production silicone mermaid tail and I'm penned for the last week of September. The tail will be ready by Halloween hopefully. I am trusting this company to deliver a beautiful and durable quality dream tail. I have the betta fluke in mind. Will write a review when time will be due!