Page 6 of 191 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    Thanks, Octavia! Wish we could meet for a swim <3
    They're going to finish painting my tail today, and hopefully the extra fins will be on soon so the tail can be sent out by the end of this week. They're pretty busy with moving the studio- must be stressful.
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

If you're going to be at NCMerfest in January, I am doing everything I can to go! Maybe we can swim there as a mini-Finfolk pod?
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Look forward to meeting all of you at NCMerfest!!

I am so hoping everything works out! It'd be worth the 6-8 hour plane ride across the country!

Senior Member Union of Pods of the North Marie-Josie Cayer's Avatar
    Add Marie-Josie Cayer on Facebook
    FYI Mermaid Octavia: my mermaid tail is 2 weeks overdue for production (I was penned for last week of September). I hope their studio move will not push your tail`s production tail further in November. I am getting impatient personnally. Hopefully it will be resolved in a resonable timely manner Good luck.

Marie-Josie Cayer: I think all of us (you, Octavia, Dan and myself) are looking forward to getting our tails. And that's not wrong. To be fair, I myself have been a bit worried of late because I have an aquarium performance coming up in just a month, and I really need to get into that deep water and practice with my tail.

BUT-- I think that as Finfolk clients and friends of Finfolk, we should try to be a little more understanding when it comes to production times. Abby and Bryn aren't machines- they don't pop those babies out on a conveyor belt, lol! They're people too, with their own schedules. And that goes for all tail makers.
    They've been busy with Ren Fest, which just ended, and they've also been really stressed out moving their things into the new studio. Abby updates me every chance she gets- and just know that they haven't forgotten about our tails at all. They just need to get some logistical groundwork (i.e moving into winter studio) downpat before they can continue with production at the usual rate.

I know the wait can be agonizing, but just try to think of it this way: We will never be here again, experiencing this same delicious (and painful) tail anticipation again!

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Syrena, I understand completely. I know they have very important things on their plate and I know my tail will get here when it gets here. I'm just excited, is all.

Octavia- I was kind of addressing Marie-Josie Cayer's post, actually- but oui, of course I'd expect you to be excited! I understand completely. Always on FB to talk about, y'know, scale tipping and colours and other glorious tail things.

Mermaid Syrena, my tail is about to start for it`s production, would you be kind giving me some advise as to what would be best to invest in a tail? Mermaid Octavia: the girls are ready to roll into productions, I`m sure they will keep their promise for your time slot indeed! I was delayed for a couple of weeks. Now they are ready.

As to previous post, ladies, you are both right. Like they said: Patience is a virtue.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie-Josie Cayer View Post
    Like they said: Patience is a virtue.
    I often tell my children that I have no patience for impatient people.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

They're ready? Wow, that was so fast! EEE SO EXCITING!

Marie-Josie: The first step, of course, would be deciding on your fluke type. Do you already have some colours in mind? I think you mentioned you were firming up the colour template with 'em. And you can think about what extra fins you'd like later, if any-- I spent a while thinking about those, haha. You can have pelvic fins, hip fins, ankle fins, heel fins (great for hiding heels!) and a dorsal.

(I posted this in the Tails thread too, but it's so beautiful and I'm so excited, I couldn't resist. Hope you don't mind, admins! <3)

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 5.16.20 PM.png
Views: 616
Size:  447.1 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 1.07.20 PM.png
Views: 656
Size:  458.2 KB

Here's the most recent progress picture of my Finfolk Productions tail! They uploaded the 1st picture on their FB, and the 2nd one is the most recent picture they sent me. You can see how fantastic they were at transforming and gradiating the colours from the previous progress pic (the deep purple and yellow tail). They made it a lot more iridescent, shaded in pinks, and turned the yellow more champagne, which I requested for and am completely happy with. This fluke is also their newest fluke design. I love that it's so flowy and fae.

To be added: extra fins, and gold scale tipping.
    I'm so psyched. I can't wait to get my tail and start practising in it for my upcoming gig. I just feel like this is the tail of my dreams, and Finfolk is doing a stellar job of translating it into RL.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Oh that's your tail Syrena, how tiny are your legs? :o You must be teeny.

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Everytime Finfolk comes up with something new, I reflexively go 'oooooh' out loud. First time was when I saw Cyanea's fluke, then when I saw the tail with the awesome seafoam/burgundy paintjob, and now this awesome new fluke! Will the design be going into their main production line? Or is it a one off?
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

O_O wow. THAT is gorgeous.

First time I've questioned getting my next one from Merbella! What are the price points? Can't seem to find a page for them save facebook and I cant get on there on my work computer.

*EDIT* Nevermind; saw on the thread that their base is $2,500.

Waikiki Mermaid: *laughs* I'm not the tallest mer swimming around here, that's for sure! I stand at a lofty 5"3. It's mostly the angle of the picture, as well as the actual flowiness of the fluke. The middle V part to the tips ends are about 5 Coke can lengths, if that gives you any idea. :P So yeah. It's the longest fluke they've made yet.

Aziara: It most definitely is available for order! Bryn and Abby modelled it after a beautiful Pinterest picture that I'll scout around for, and named it after our favourite singer: Loreena (McKennitt), because she's so magickal and they made this fluke so magickal and gah. So yes. Available for order.

Scarlet Rose: It's gorgeous, innit? Yeah, like you said, so this one started out at a basic 2.5k. I upgraded to a competitor monofin. Then I added 100 for scale tipping, and it's 150 per pair of additional fins. I'm going to get 3 pairs of 'em.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    So exciting Mermaid Syrena! They just get better and better! I cannot wait to add little Mermaid Emily's tail to this thread
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syrena View Post
    Scarlet Rose: It's gorgeous, innit? Yeah, like you said, so this one started out at a basic 2.5k. I upgraded to a competitor monofin. Then I added 100 for scale tipping, and it's 150 per pair of additional fins. I'm going to get 3 pairs of 'em.
    Yes! Phenomenal! I think it would look a-freaking-mazing with the flame paint job I am looking for. I would also definitely upgrade to a competitor. Not sure I want additional fins but probably; just don't know the placement/shape.

Not sure on the scale shape I want either yet though...