Page 7 of 191 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions: anyone ordered a tail from them? I just did!

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Oh my gosh, that would look amazing with a flame paint job! So cool that it's named after Loreena Mckennitt, I love her music too.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Syrena! THAT IS AWESOME! What a lovely tail!!!

GAH Syrena, it's so AMAZING. The champagne color is just gorgeous and I cannot wait to see pictures of you in it!!
    Octavia: got married! Saving for a new tail! >u<b

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syrena View Post
    ... this one started out at a basic 2.5k. I upgraded to a competitor monofin. Then I added 100 for scale tipping, and it's 150 per pair of additional fins. I'm going to get 3 pairs of 'em.
    Sounds like how I selected mine though I may go with only one additional set of fins, the competitor, scale tipping, and a dorsal fin.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

I thought extra fins were $100 a set? I'll have to look that up again at home. n_n Either way, I got a Competitor upgrade and two sets of fins - pectoral and heel.

From the Finfolk FB page:

Tail Design and Pricing

Ordering and designing a tail is an exhilarating process! We want it to be as easy as possible. Here is a breakdown of pricing, ad-ons, and how it all works!

Full silicone tails start at $2,500 and come with a Finis Trainer monofin.

Competitor monofins are a $150 upgrade.

Dorsal fins are a $150 upgrade

Extra fins of any variety (hip, ankle, etc) are $100 a pair.

There is no extra charge for coloring. In fact, 4-5 well blended colors make for beautiful depth, and we encourage full color schemes for that reason!

Scale Tipping is also available, and has been a very popular way to add depth and realism to tails. This detail painting comes at a $100 upgrade, and we highly encourage it!

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod triteia's Avatar

Follow triteia on Tumblr
    there stuff looks so great. *_* I can't wait to see your fin!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think I realized why I *thought* the flukes weren't glued down. It's their style for how they do the flukes, they come out on sides well past the monofin width wise. So to me I thought I was seeing a monofin gap when really they basically have extra fins that come out and extend. It's easier to see in the betta example, and once I realized it there I could see the design on all the others.

I'm really excited to see these tails in person at NC Merfest. These girls have gotten so good, so fast, it's insane!

I'll be there with mine! I hope Syrena is too! <3

Abby & Bryn said mine would be done in time for MerFest, as well

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    Abby & Bryn said mine would be done in time for MerFest, as well
    That's so awesome, Dan! When did you place your order, if you don't mind me asking?

I started making payments towards the end of July.

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    I'm so envious of all you mers- and all you Finfolk mers (Octavia, Dan, that's you) who get to go down for NC Merfest! If only Singapore wasn't so far away from the US. Darn geography! :P

Aziara, Scarlet Rose, PearlieMae, Triteia: Thank you! I can't wait to receive it and post pictures. Expect my unboxing video to be extremely excited and unglamorous.

AniaR: Yep. Their flukes are pretty wide in general. I'm one for theatricality, which these girls do great, so it all works out. I'm just curious to see if it'll be harder to swim in this tail because of the gorgeous flowy fluke. We'll see! And I never complain when it comes to sculpting better core muscles!

Dan: Merman tails just look better with badass dorsals, IMO. Dyou have a design out for it?
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Dan: When did the girls state your tail is to be started? I know Syrena's is almost done and Marie's is in the making (if I read everything correctly) and I was told mine would start "late October". I'm just trying to figure out, in my head, where everybody's tails are sitting in terms of production and whether or not mine might be delayed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Syrena View Post
    Thank you! I can't wait to receive it and post pictures. Expect my unboxing video to be extremely excited and unglamorous.

AniaR: Yep. Their flukes are pretty wide in general. I'm one for theatricality, which these girls do great, so it all works out. I'm just curious to see if it'll be harder to swim in this tail because of the gorgeous flowy fluke. We'll see! And I never complain when it comes to sculpting better core muscles!
    Can't wait to see the unboxing video but even more so I cannot wait to see what it looks like in the water! I'm all about theatricality too so I *really* want to see what this fluke looks like in the water!

Hello mer-loves!

You've of course all been contacted personally, but we just wanted to say publicly - THANK YOU. Our studio move took longer than expected, with setbacks galore, both business and personal, and you have all been so graciously patient as we get our lives back in order. This has been and should be the only foreseeable delay in production of any kind, and we should catch up quite quickly. We're also excited to announce that we will be at NC Merfest in January, with some BIG. EXCITING. NEWS. Keep your eyes peeled for announcements. It will be so lovely to meet so many of you in person. <3
    Please help Finfolk Productions grow! Like our business page at http://www.facebook.com/FinfolkProductions

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I would so love to go to NC Merfest! I'm so excited to see all these new creations, and am very curious to see what Finfolk's BIG EXCITING NEWS might be!

The NC merfest is shaping up to be the place to be! Really wish I didn't have a medieval event the same weekend! Urg!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    The NC merfest is shaping up to be the place to be! Really wish I didn't have a medieval event the same weekend! Urg!
    It really is! I can't wait to meet my tailmakers in person! ;;

AAAAAAAUUUGHH I REALLY wish I could go to NC Merfest!!! But I can't afford to, being funemployed at the moment. *sigh* I hope it turns into an annual thing, I would really love to meet everyone else. It would be awesome to do a group swim/photoshoot all in our Finfolk tails.