Thread: How long can you stay under?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    If you're looking to get better, take a freediving class and train under an instructor who can guide you along, help you stretch and prep properly and solve problems with your technique. As Derek says, everyone's capable of 3 minutes or longer; just stay safe and never practise in water alone.

I was a pretty decent freediver and hold an AIDA 3 cert, but I'll spare you my PB as that part of my life is over for now.
    That sound awesome!!!! I would LOVE to take a freediving class, both to improve my breath hold, and to possibly help me get over my tiny fear of open water. I'll probably wait until I'm older and can actually afford it XD. (still a teen :P)

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Holly View Post
    That sound awesome!!!! I would LOVE to take a freediving class, both to improve my breath hold, and to possibly help me get over my tiny fear of open water. I'll probably wait until I'm older and can actually afford it XD. (still a teen :P)

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Glad to help, Holly! I'm sure there're freediving coaches near you; and not to worry, you've still got plenty of time.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000