Thread: A little help with this?

A little help with this?

So since I have a tail from magictail.de and its got the open fluke at the bottom, the monofin is like that on the back when swimming, and its fabric so my knees show sometimes. Then one kid actually got the nerve to feel my tail, felt legs. What do I say?
    Knees: "Its my tails.. joints? I believe humans call them? They bend like yours do when I swim."
    The leg part: Would this work? "I have bones in my tail, and of course the muscle that propels me through the water. Thats why it feels so strange, its because we're half human."
    But the open fluke, I think I can fix with a zipper or some little buttons that are sewn to the inside maybe. I just need to do a few more to completely close it off.
    The monofin is what I wonder how to explain though.

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Fish bones Mermaids have bones!

Hmm really? Interesting bones, I'd only actually thought of applying that concept to the knees and legs feeling bit. If there's anyone out there though who could explain the open fluke.. That'd be a lifesaver. Cuz I had kids going under, and inspecting my fluke.. So it wouldnt be 100% closed.. so there might be a tiny issue until I can afford a MerBellas tail. :/

I never had a magictail but I had to test out a newly almost finished lyrca tail that had the same opening, when the children asked me about it I simply replied with 'I'm flaking. It starts from my fluke and works it's way up. It's kinda like snakes when they have to shred their skin to make way for the new one.'' It's that or simply reply with (If you're in a chlorine pool) that the chlorine causes your tail to flake. Hope this helps.

Interesting Nice excuse. Thanks. I was just wondering what to do next time, since thats some issues I had the first time kids ever saw me swimming.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I always say, mermaids have bones just like whales and dolphins, and we can't bend without knee bones. I actually INVITE them to touch, but then when they do I make a splash and say "ahh that tickles". Usually changes the subject haha

I think I'll start trying that. Thanks By the way, love your videos