Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Miracles

Mermaid Miracles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ixZK..._H2Dng&index=4

This new youtube show is SO GOOD. I think its filmed professionally and some of the actors seem legit. Its really cool. I love the story and I think its definately one of the best mermaid shows on youtube. It looks like professional!!
    Mermaids have more fun

It's not professional at all. :P It's made in Hawaii, I think. It is a pretty decent show, although I personally have yet to get hooked into it yet. :P

Senior Member Pod of The South Carolina Mermaid's Avatar
    It's official, this is my new favorite mermaid show.

Yeah, I like this show. I never watch youtube mermaid shows, but I really love this one, and I've been waiting for the fourth episode to come out. Now that you've reminded me of it, I'm going to go check XD

I'd never heard of this one! I watched the first episode and the quality and acting seems a ton better than all the other mermaid youtube series I've seen before. Think I'll subscribe and see if it catches my fancy.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Yeah, I've seen this before. The quality is fantastic for a homemade mermaid show, but the acting is um... not so good.
    User formerly known as "Fiona Mermaid".

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

Mermaid Miracles

From an actors point of view, it would be fine as a morning children's tv show, but the actors are just saying their lines, there's no intention there, just rather blocky/cut-and-paste "emotions", as for the production value, personally I think it's not any better than the bog standard video on you tube.
    Travelling Merman

Mermaid Miracles

It's a 1 out if 10 from me
    Travelling Merman

If you go to the website, I think it specifies that they have an actual producer and director.
    http://www.mermaidmiracles.com/?page_id=44
    Mermaids have more fun

A lot of amateur shows have directors and producers. They make things go smoother. :P

Mermaid Miracles

My friends radio show has a director and a producer........that doesn't make it any better...........or professional. It's just a job title
    Travelling Merman

Mermaid Miracles

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    A lot of amateur shows have directors and producers. They make things go smoother. :P
    EXACTLY!...........only in most of my past experiences, they can hinder a piece to be frank! :/
    Travelling Merman

Well, it depends a lot on who you get as a director or producer. All of the ones I've worked with in theatre have been fantastic, but not having a good one can ruin it very quickly I'm sure. =\

Her dad is the producer. It's not a professional show at all, they just try to make it look that way by giving each other these big titles when they really probably have barley any experience at all.

Ok whatever... This wasn't supposed to be a trash talk thread I just wanted to call attention to it because its much better than many of the other mermaid shows on YouTube.
    Mermaids have more fun

Allie, I don't think we were trash talking about it. We were just giving our honest opinions. My opinion is that the only thing that's better is the quality of the video. The show didn't really make me want to see more.

Ok
    Mermaids have more fun

They are now trying to crowdfund the second season in hopes of making a somewhat more professional-looking second season. Among other things they are hoping to hire a professional director.
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~

Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda View Post
    They are now trying to crowdfund the second season in hopes of making a somewhat more professional-looking second season. Among other things they are hoping to hire a professional director.
    Can't wait to see it!
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

I just hope they'll succeed in raising enough money...
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~

Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art