Page 110 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2340

Thread: The Happy Thread!

I kinda wish we could like what people post or say, kinda like fb. I forget that I can't, do I don't always get to show simple support. I don't always want or need to make a full comment, but sometimes to just kindof just say a quick "I approve this message", would be cool. LOL

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

I recall it being discussed before, but the add on costs quite a bit more, and there was concern about it causing issues because people can take not getting 'likes' rather personally and then there are always those who will think that's stupid, and blah blah and so on. I've been on forums where there were 'thanks' buttons, and that was pretty cool. One forum also experimented with a sort of 'dislike' and 'boo' and one gal designed the little boo button to be a ghost. hah, that was cute. In the end though, on that forum, it was decided anything other than 'thanks' would cause too much drama and the idea was abandoned. The thanks button remained, and it was really nice to have that.

My happy today is that it's so nice to be back in my old neighborhood. First, it's hot and sunny in much of the county, but here it's been cool and overcast all day. Then I was able to watch the fog roll in, which was so nice. I've missed that. Then a very handsome fellow with blue stripes and such all over him walked up to our door to ask if someone else still lived here, and he was very nice. He also had unlit firefans in his hand.

I seriously love this place, and am so glad to be back. AND I am stoked to think I should be able to get back to fluke sculpting next week! Now that school's done for a while, and I don't have to homeschool, and have more time to do my own thing. ::happy dance::

😄

I forgot to post this close to when it first happened, but around 3 weeks ago I tried opening my eyes in a chlorine pool (didn't have my goggles XD ) and was actually able to do it! And for a pretty decent (to me) amount of time too! I just always thoughts I was one of those people that just couldn't open their eyes underwater. Yay! I'm wrong! Can't wait to start practicing more!

For the last year or so I have been doing tons of research, reading here, watching videos, collecting mermaid materials, etc. I have amassed a collection of shells, beads, sequins, pearl ex, silicone caulking, e6000, shelf liner, iridescent mylar sheeting, 2mm neoprene, etc. At one time, I attempted to make a walking tail from that reversible mermaid sequin fabric, and learned that it stretches the wrong way. LOL.
    I tend to pop in and out, disappearing for long periods. I just want to say, this whole forum has been extremely helpful and uplifting. And for the first time in almost 40 years, I have a solid direction with my creativity. I make all kinds of things, costume and art-wise. But I have always bounced around from project area to project area. Almost everything I do can somehow be applied to mermaiding. It seems like my whole life has been condensing down to this. I wanted to lose weight, but I am really tired of waiting. So I'm just going to do this. I do need to get out of Missouri though. LOL

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I'm personally happy with myself. I found a way to report blocked content on facebook without having access to it. You don't even need to have a facebook account to do it. The main reason it makes me happy is not so much I was able to request an album to be taken down, it's the fact the process is so easy that anyone can request to have their pictures and such taken down if someone steals and block them from see it. It's basically a new way we can protect our pictures and video if a mervert or collector takes them. I still will stress the important to watermark. This a a personal victory for me
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

On Wednesday, I brought my tail to the beach and made some little girls' day. I was bodysurfing in my tail (even more fun than regular bodysurfing, if that's possible) and I washed up right next to a little girl. She was ecstatic, and she and her sister frequently would shout "Hey mermaid!" every time they saw me in the distance. I am also proud to say that I didn't take my tail off until after they left in an effort to not crush their dreams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love reading these moments

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    On Wednesday, I brought my tail to the beach and made some little girls' day. I was bodysurfing in my tail (even more fun than regular bodysurfing, if that's possible) and I washed up right next to a little girl. She was ecstatic, and she and her sister frequently would shout "Hey mermaid!" every time they saw me in the distance. I am also proud to say that I didn't take my tail off until after they left in an effort to not crush their dreams.

Survivor of cyberbullies

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/274459462613911

That the link to do such reporting. It's best that you use that link while you are not signed in because it makes it anonymous and you'll be notified by e-mail. If you logged into facebook when you use that link, it will through the response into your support inbox. Using that form does take extra time for Facebook to review (average is 7 days) as every request is reviewed by a human. When a certain person posted a bunch of misleading screenshots of conversation out of order in her album ("The issues"), I used that link to get some of the screenshots removed. You must have the url (the http address) to what you are trying to report which you may have to ask a friend to copy and paste for you if you are block from that person page. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arking View Post
    Wait really? How!?! I had to block some thief that was stealing my professional photography but this information would be helpful should I find out he's up to it again from friends.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Plaster, resin, silicone, sequins, neoprene, paint, etc... And one rogue conch shell horn. This weekend. Something is getting done. And for now, there is chinese food and good chocolate soda.

Wink

I get to go home to Puerto Rico for the 1st time in 10 years in just a few weeks and I'll be starting a musical theatre program at a Dallas conservatory when I get back!!! So freaking excited!!
    Enchantingly Yours,
    Mermaid Lorens
    "The Most Exotic Mermaid in DFW, Texas"
    http://facebook.com/mermaidlorens
    Insta @mermaidlorens

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    I have a ton of good, happy news, if anyone is interested! <3

I'm finally starting on building my very first professional and non-fabric tail! I'm so excited to have something so near and dear to my heart !!!
    And, even better, but there's pools near me that will accept me swimming in my tail! No gator-infested lakes for me !

We finally got enough money to have our own screen house and glider/swinging bench so that I can spend more time outside, so hopefully that helps change my health for the better! Sunshine is always good for chasing away all the bad stuff, am I right?

I hope you're all having fantastic days like I am! And, if not, hopefully soon!
    < 3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Red face Best Thread

Oh my gosh, the first video for this thread just made the Best premise for more funny videos to come. Love it.

Check out my web sight store Fae Portal

Thats great Rebela Hunter! I would love to see your finished tail! Progress pix too

Senior Member Pod of The South Rebela Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidShae View Post
    Thats great Rebela Hunter! I would love to see your finished tail! Progress pix too
    Thank you so much, Mermaid Shae! <3
    There will be a whole thread on my tail with plenty of progress pictures once I get my materials!
    < 3
    'And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.' - Matthew 4:19 (KJV)

Hobbyist Mermaid & Orca Enthusiast
    DeviantART || Facebook || Instagram

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I got a mermaid blanket! I convinced my mom to get one for me. I chose the black one out of pink, purple and blue!
    Name:  IMG_0675.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  8.1 KBName:  IMG_0674.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  10.8 KB

Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

I don't know why the more I watched that, the more I laugh even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IllynReaver View Post
    I've been giggling over this for the past 15minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPYD5B0LPks

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    I decided to create a Merida inspired cosplay for the renaissance faire this year! I'm so excited I have my dress fabric and the pattern for the dress is coming on Tuesday, I bought my materials for the bow, and I just need to order some more things for my wig.

*Previously know as KellyMermaid*

Tomorrow is my birthday. We can't find a babysitter but I'm secretly excited because we might go whale watching, and I can't wait to see the kids faces if they see a whale or a dolphin.

Page 110 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast