Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2340

Thread: The Happy Thread!

I just noticed that I've been on this forum for six years as of this month. Yay! That makes me happy. I remember finding mer.yuku earlier than that, and not joining because I never did get along with Yuku, heh ( I had a lot of problems with the site function on a Halloween yuku forum, so I gave up on it- I was already on another, better Halloween forum, anyway). And it was awhile before I tried finding another mer forum, and I did find a couple, but this was the only one I actually saw as an organized effort, one that covered so much and was for just about everyone in the mer world. I am so glad I found this place!

edit- it actually feels like a lot longer, but there it is, in text on my profile, telling me otherwise. lol

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    time flies, doesn't it

I wish it moved a bit more slowly, I'm getting a bit panicky about age, and what I'll do for a living once I'm too old to model/perform

It seems as if a lot of people who feel they've aged out of a profession will turn to teaching it, but I'm not sure everyone is a) suited to teaching and b) going to find an student body large enough to make a living off of.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    both A and B might be a problem xD

ah well, who knows. Mermaiding might become really popular in Europe yet.

The best thing you can do is to start writing stuff down and keeping track of things. Depending on what skills you've picked up tail swimming, and making your own costumes and props, you could end up doing something related to theater, or costume/prop design. I know that I potentially want to do something like that, so I've started learning applicable skills and practicing with my own projects, like my suit of armor that I'm working on.
    Proud Merman, Eaglescout, DIYer, and lover of nature

I was in Solvang recently, where they have a replica of the Little Mermaid statue in the harbor at Copenhagen. The replica isn't exact, it's half size, and their legs differ slightly, but when I saw her 'feet'- oh my goodness. Little feet flukes! So happy to see it in person.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    I was in Solvang recently, where they have a replica of the Little Mermaid statue in the harbor at Copenhagen. The replica isn't exact, it's half size, and their legs differ slightly, but when I saw her 'feet'- oh my goodness. Little feet flukes! So happy to see it in person.

Water nymph feet.

Reminds me of vintage mermaid art where they have feet flukes instead of a full tail.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Water nymph feet.

Reminds me of vintage mermaid art where they have feet flukes instead of a full tail.
    Me, too- esp the original statue, where you can see she has little fins on her legs, too.

My new phone case from Redbubble arrived today! (If anyone’s interested: https://www.redbubble.com/people/dar...iphone_7_tough)

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    So I moved to a state around 8 months ago that is the most beautiful state in this country, but has incredibly high unemployment, and a pretty barrren job market. I've wanted to live here forever so I took the plunge thinking that my education and work history would give me a leg up. I was so naive - people kept telling me work was hard to find and asking me if I was worried about that and I was like "nah, she'll be right mate!"

Well, I couldn't find work, and I applied for EVERYTHING. I have a degree, I used to run my own small business, and I have diverse but solid work history and I couldn't even get a job stacking shelves at midnight. I was starting to feel as useless as a glass hammer and then this week, everything changed. As they say, it never rains, but it pours.

I've had a slew of job interviews in the last ten days and today I have had three job offers. One of the opportunites (the one I was most excited about) offered me the role while they were still interviewing other candidates! and I am STOKED.

So I'm turning in my unemployed bum card, and looking forward to the ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (turn and face the strange ch-ch-changes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Salty View Post
    So I moved to a state around 8 months ago that is the most beautiful state in this country, but has incredibly high unemployment, and a pretty barrren job market. I've wanted to live here forever so I took the plunge thinking that my education and work history would give me a leg up. I was so naive - people kept telling me work was hard to find and asking me if I was worried about that and I was like "nah, she'll be right mate!"

Well, I couldn't find work, and I applied for EVERYTHING. I have a degree, I used to run my own small business, and I have diverse but solid work history and I couldn't even get a job stacking shelves at midnight. I was starting to feel as useless as a glass hammer and then this week, everything changed. As they say, it never rains, but it pours.

I've had a slew of job interviews in the last ten days and today I have had three job offers. One of the opportunites (the one I was most excited about) offered me the role while they were still interviewing other candidates! and I am STOKED.

So I'm turning in my unemployed bum card, and looking forward to the ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (turn and face the strange ch-ch-changes!)
    Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new job(s?) as much as you anticipate and more! Good luck going forward!

Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Salty's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Salty On Twitter Add Mermaid Salty on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your new job(s?) as much as you anticipate and more! Good luck going forward!

Thank you so much! I was considering taking more than one job, but ultimately I don't think a 7 day working week will conducive to good health, you know? Plus, taxes on the second job make the extra income almost not worth it (when you consider you're sacrificing your hobbies/rest/social life/time with your loved one as well).

The company I'm working for is a startup and they are at the forefront of a new technology. There's a laboratory in the office, the only of of it's kind in the country - which is rad! I am super excited.

Bonus points: I used to communte 2.5-3 hours a day before I moved here, and this new job is literally a 4 minute walk from my apartment. No more long commutes!

I'm REALLY happy. I just ordered my tail.
    I choosed the Magictail Pro with the Mahina Monofin in the Neptuna colours!!

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Guess who's officially a pilot!? Myself, this mer can fly planes as well as swim. I went on a 10 day flying course where I learned to fly a plane in only 7 days!
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

That's amazing to hear, Phoenix! Congrats -- which field are you based out of, and how much did it cost?
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I trained at JAD and YMUL I did my training through my air cadets and learning to fly was only $1850
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Congratulations!

I just finished reading all of the currently-existing books in the Stormlight Archives. Doesn't sound like much at first but each book is insanely long. The publishing company had to tell the author when to stop on the first book before it became publishable. Playing all of the audiobooks for them non-stop from start to finish would be six straight days of content.

But they're so insanely well crafted and good. Well worth the read if you like fantasy novels.

Also if you are a fan of the stories in the Fire Emblem games I'd recommend them to you too. The plot follows a similar formula of "multiple characters wrapped up in the political strife of the fantasy world until the war wakes up ancient magical forces and the stakes skyrocket".
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    That's quite the accomplishment! I wish I had more time to read like I used to!

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Happy to be swimming as a mermaid again. I also joined the Serious Swim which is part of Serious Request. They are an organization that collect money to help the Red Cross.
    With a small group of mermaids we are going to swim for 14 hours

I hope it will be fun and can't wait to participate
    Your imagination is your only limit