Thread: The Happy Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    SeaGlass, That rocks.
    ISN'T IT?? I'VE ONLY MADE ONE PUBLIC APPEARANCE
    The SeaGlass Siren

My tail is almost finished!!!

I got pictures of the 99%-finished tail from Morticia on Friday night while I was at work. I may have screeched and started crying... XD My coworkers thought I was crazy! The best part is, it'll all be ready to ship really soon! ;w; I've been super giddy and excited all weekend!

I seriously can't get over how gorgeous it looks— and I know it'll look even better in person!!

Now I'm wondering if I should get permission to post the pictures she sent me, or if I should wait until I get it to show it off... >w>

I just completed the day long bicycle maintenance course today, I'm really starting to get into all this mechanic stuff now, I really loved being able to take things apart and fiddle with it and actually know what I'm doing!
    Also tomorrow I'm going to start looking into bringing my hours down to part time, if I can. I have so much I want to do and I need so much more time to do it all.

Having good days, my daughter is getting used to her cast. 3.5 weeks til the cast comes off, then we wait a bit and the other hip gets operated on. And then she will be able to run around like a child again.

Am thinking of putting up a 'how to make a netted necklace' tutorial here, since I have a phone now that could record video and take pics for it. (Hooray for Cricket's free offers and great deals.) I wonder if anyone would be interested? I guess I could do it and find out!

Congrats, Yulia! That's awesome!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene Web• Neptune's Keep Web• Facebook•MG YouTube•NK YouTube•Etsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Cerulean's Avatar
    Im glad things are going a little better blue, lifes been really tense for you lately.

Yesterday I finally had everything together for a miniature caterpillar habitat... I saw some cats on a dill plant that were absolutely gorgeous a couple days ago. Id never encountered them before and thought they were monarchs but theyre swallowtails. When theyre 'agitated' little antennae looking things pop out of its forehead, I felt like I encountered a real life caterpie *o* Theyre currently chilling on a small herb bouquet of parsley and dill. Im hoping I can keep them hidden from my mom orrrr she magically isnt too bothered if she happens to see them (she really hates 'bugs')

Here's my happy tale/tail: It's been really slow going for me trying to line up gigs as a pro mermaid. I've been working and working at creating performance products, and I've spent many hours marketing. I finally got a New Year's eve party gig at a waterpark, but I was still having no luck getting our music and theatre programs booked. So it occurred to me that maybe I needed to try a different kind of marketing approach. Last week I called the Children's Librarian at our local library. Over the years, she has hired us several times (as puppeteers, back in the day). I left a message with her voicemail offering to do a series of mermaid storytime appearances at the library. My idea was, if we just got out there in front of an audience more, those kids and their parents would begin buying our music CDs and stuff from my new Etsy shop, and it might lead to paying gigs. I didn't hear anything from the librarian, so I began to think she wasn't interested. But this morning she called me, and we had a lovely, long conversation. She's THRILLED with the idea of a monthly mermaid storytime. She's going to schedule it as a separate series on Saturday mornings. That way, my husband, who plays a pirate character, can participate, too, when he's free. AND she thinks a great plan would be to do 4 monthly storytime sessions, then on the 5th one, she'd hire us to do a paid music or theatre performance. We would just repeat that structure over and over, so we're pretty much guaranteed 3 paid Hudson Library shows a year for the foreseeable! Sweeeet!

It's a large library with lovely performance spaces, and the building is right on the scenic St. Croix River here in Hudson, WI. It's a perfect venue for a water-themed series.

I am so freakin' happy right now…

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene Web• Neptune's Keep Web• Facebook•MG YouTube•NK YouTube•Etsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    I'm happy my body is finally getting to the point I want it

Name:  Jeneiro.png
Views: 311
Size:  783.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Coradion View Post
    I'm happy my body is finally getting to the point I want it

Name:  Jeneiro.png
Views: 311
Size:  783.3 KB
    lol so that's kinda hot.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    This weekend I'll be the Featured Artist at the Texas Renaissance Festival! I'll get to set up in a booth and sell my jewelry. Of course, I'm FREAKING out because I don't know if I'll have enough pendants made, but I'm also SO EXCITED about this!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Coradion - Awesome!!!
    Tieri - OMG I can't wait to see it on you! My mertender and I have been drooling over it every time we go over to Morticia's house

I'M SO HAPPY because my mom is brilliant and helped me solve my ID renewal problems! I was having issues b/c here in OR they require a birth certificate just to renew (crazy, I tellz ya), and my mom mentioned I could just come back to CO to visit and renew in-person while I'm there... So I went to the CO DMV website to check out the prices/process... and THEY LET YOU RENEW ONLINE NOW OMFG YUSSS I can finally get a job! I can finally get a copy of my birth certificate!

Plus, the fees for CO renewals are about 1/4 of what it costs here in OR... I really wonder where all that money goes, because our public services here are a load of manure

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

I just sent out my first quote for a birthday party! I don't even have the job yet and I'm so excited I'm nearly hyperventilating! I'm probably going to pass out if I actually get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started shaping a scale from clay yesterday. Funny how satisfying that is.
    Coradion, you look amazing. Good on you.

Happiness is that we keep coming into little stashes of money here and there, and it's allowing us to outfit our new home much faster than we thought we would. A lot of companies - phone, etc.- offer rebates and we're taking full advantage.
    Last edited by deepblue; 11-21-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Okay, it's not much, but oftentimes, it doesn't take much to make me happy...After over a year of haunting the used items ads on Craigslist, making the rounds of thrift stores, last night I snagged a perfectly wonderful wheelchair! I am no longer confined to the spot I am sitting in while in my tail on dry land!

Most awesome part? It cost me $5.99 - YES, FIVE DOLLARS AND NINETY NINE CENTS! Woohoo!

I had my first swim just now!
    Everyone at the pool was excited when I told them about my tail, so now I have a great place to swim in the colder months. And it's only a ten minute walk there!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ^^Nice!
    Wish I had a pool that close.

Was there room enough to swim?
    I always have to slalom around sooo many other people who are all miffed I'm not swimming in the "approved" way

I went there right after they had a training session, so there wasn't much people. Had two lanes for myself the whole time almost.

Yulia, that's such a neat photo! You look so long and like a real mermaid in this shot! :3

How neat that you got two whole lanes! When Morticia and I went, we shared one lane (but we were also taking turns sharing one monofin, since the last time we went swimming was before I had my monofin). It must have been so nice to have the room to turn around and not worry about hitting bystanders!

TwitterFacebookInstagram

It was great! I got much support from the people working there too, they told me when it was best for me to swim so I could get more room.
    One of the lifeguards was so excited and said that it was her best day as a lifeguard so far, and she took a lot of pictures too!
    I met an american in the lane next to me, she had an underwater camera and wanted to film me sometime.

Thanks Miyu, I'm only 5"2, so it's nice to feel a bit longer

Haha, I know that feeling, I'm about the same height! I feel so long in my tail, it's nice!

TwitterFacebookInstagram