Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Happy Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke Pie View Post
    I'm happy because I had scuba diving training yesterday and got a really nice compliment. They say I have a natural talent for it and I must be a real mermaid!
    Haha really made my day ^_^
    That's such a nice compliment!

I'm happy because my long-term boyfriend (& mertender) is coming down to see me in just a few more short weeks! We're long distance and rarely get to see each other, so it will be so nice to have him here for a weekend.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I AM SO HAPPY because I got my first fundraiser donation!

Now I get to get my first monofin - I'm getting a Hydra!

YAY no more cardboard monofin for me!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Congrats Miyu!
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

That's so exciting Miyu!

I'm so happy and excited because my boyfriend/mertender found out that his Virtual Design teacher happens to be the season 2 winner of Face Off (Rayce Bird)!
    I spent a while talking to him and he found mermaiding fascinating and wants to see my tail when I get it. On top of all that he's trying to start prosthetics classes at our university, which would be a dream come true <3
    Such a nice guy! <3

Moving to a bigger, quieter apartment at the end of the month! I finally get a real work room to make costume pieces again!
    I'm like a platypus in the way that I can adapt on land and water, a bit goofy looking, and nobody's really sure what it is that I do.

On instagram as aperture_platypus

^yay! I'm hoping for that, myself, whe my bf and I get a place together.

I came here to post this chair I just saw on Completely Coastal's FB page. Apparently it's from Gulf Breeze Cottages. www.gbreeze.com

Name:  f80133764be370f841dea194fc5d37da.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  187.8 KB

There's a Fry's Electronics here that is designed with an Atlantean ruins theme. Went there yesterday. A lot genuinely beautiful decor, why can't more stores be like this? My phone's cam isn't very good, but I took a few pics. There is so much more I couldn't take pics of. or find online. All the signs have a ruin look, all the metal work for hanging lights and signage is done in waves, there's a huge granite ball water/fountain thing, the walls have murals of sharks and dolphins, whales, etc. There are tentacles here and there, a really cool entrance to the store. It's just so cool. And my bf hadn't told me to expect it, he wanted to surprise me since we had to go to a Fry's anyway, so it totally made my day.

This guy is in the entrance.

Name:  diver.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  66.4 KB

The room for video demos has quite the entrance, complete with waterwall, and Jacob's ladders which weren't on at the time.

Name:  preroom.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  55.4 KB
    Name:  prerroom2.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  57.6 KB

And a lovely sconce.

Name:  SCONCE.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  54.7 KB

And here are some I found online.

This is the cafeteria:
    Name:  frys-02-b.jpg
Views: 4158
Size:  191.9 KB

A huge aquarium near the entrance:
    Name:  frys1.jpg
Views: 2130
Size:  87.4 KB

The chandeliers. I wish I could have gotten pics of them close up, the details are great.
    Name:  602201.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  23.5 KB

such a great place!

Awesome! The one Fry's here in Illinois doesn't have a theme. I wish it did though. If it were Atlantis themed, I'd send them my resume' to be a merman there!
    I'm like a platypus in the way that I can adapt on land and water, a bit goofy looking, and nobody's really sure what it is that I do.

On instagram as aperture_platypus

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I'm so happy because my living space is cleaned up, my son is taking a nap, we've submitted our first offer on a house (even if it's just a backup offer, it's still exciting to be at that stage, no more messing around), I'm gonna be in a parade on Saturday, and my tail is supposed to be here Friday. And my husband is getting a Jesse tail, and so is my friend, Nim!
    *dances*

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

The Happy Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    I'm so happy because my living space is cleaned up, my son is taking a nap, we've submitted our first offer on a house (even if it's just a backup offer, it's still exciting to be at that stage, no more messing around), I'm gonna be in a parade on Saturday, and my tail is supposed to be here Friday. And my husband is getting a Jesse tail, and so is my friend, Nim!
    *dances*

That's a lot to be happy about! Congrats on... Well, everything
    User formerly known as "Harley".

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    ...*snip*... I'm gonna be in a parade on Saturday, and my tail is supposed to be here Friday. And my husband is getting a Jesse tail, and so is my friend, Nim!
    *dances*

Yay!!! *Does the happy dance for you* (your tail is absolutely amazing BTW) I'm also getting a Jesse tail! I think I'm at the bottom of the list, but I'm still getting one!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    *passes out fruit cocktails*

Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

so exciting Dottie

I love the number of random mermaids you come across living in a beach town. This one always makes me think of Iona, because how often does one see a winged mermaid?

so beautiful! *_*

I went swimming today! It's only been a couple of weeks since I last got to go swimming, but it feels like it's been forever, and this time went SO much better than my last swim! The last time I went was my first time to the pool since I moved over a year ago, and I ended up just sort of going by myself, sitting in a crowded pool, and feeling self-conscious.

This time I went with my friend Susan who I've known since eighth grade, who it turns out is the head lifeguard at a smaller pool that's WAY closer to my house. It was a lot nicer, and there weren't as many people around so I didn't feel too awkward practicing my dolphin-kick-- and since Susan's been swimming since she was a kid, she was able to give me a lot of tips on how to improve my movement, and holding my breath underwater. I still struggle with major anxiety triggers whenever I'm up over my nose in water (long story short, when I was a kid I fell off a wharf and nearly drowned; I'm not totally hydrophobic or anything, but if I'm up any higher than my nose in water or I end up totally submerged I completely panic-- who the hell ever heard of a mermaid afraid of going underwater, right?!) and she even had me underwater for brief periods holding my breath or practicing exhaling through my nose and I did surprisingly well with no panicking! I guess it helped that I was wearing goggles, so I could open my eyes under the water and sort of remind myself where I was and that I had a lifeguard/my good friend with me.

I've been home for about two hours and even just sitting in my computer chair I keep finding myself practicing the hip movements, kind of. I'm already dying to get back into the water and swim some more! Susan and I are planning to start doing this every Sunday night so she can give me proper lessons and help with my breathing and diving and such, and hopefully work out our schedules so we can do it several times a week if possible. And the best part, since it's such a chill spot with pretty cool staff, I won't even have to pay admission to get in.

The best part is, I mentioned to her that I wanted to practice my dolphin-kick because I'd joined a mermaiding community, and before I could get any further she started chattering excitedly about how every now again they'd get children's parties at the pool and there'd be girls swimming around in little spandex mermaid tails and I was like OH MY GOD THERE ARE MERLINGS HERE??!! And then Susan got really excited when I told her about the tail I'm planning to get! I took the time to ask her if they're cool with people bringing things like tails and such to the pool with them for swimming and she said it's alright! So now I'll have someplace to take my future tail and practice!

It was pretty cool doing laps of the pool with the dolphin-kick and having her telling me that I'd be a mermaid in no time, and it really made me feel like I could seriously do this. I CAN'T STOP GIGGLING ABOUT IT. I'M SO GIDDY. I think all of the chlorine I accidentally snorted has gone to my head.

... That reminds me. I should probably invest in a pair of nose plugs before my next swim...

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel

The Happy Thread!

I'm so happy for you! Keep up the good work. It gets easier from here!

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk

I'M GOIN' TA VEGAS BABY!!

*COUGH* any nevada mers in the area who would like to meet up or give me a tour :P i have a few places i'd like to go.
    The SeaGlass Siren