Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Happy Thread!

Add Vixy on Facebook
    I had a great time this weekend, started doing chainmail and learnt how to do my own rings as well. playing Cards against Humanity and broke some people playing it, also was broken myself for a few minutes.

Weather is better these days and people are starting taking baths here... I think I'll go swimming soon!
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Had a great day scuba-diving with a colleague of mine. We went to an abandoned quarry, now converted to a diving location. The visibility was great, and we got to see two sturgeons (actually some seem to live in freshwater), which came really close!

After years of desperate searching for a full-time job working with animals (literally anything, haha) as I was getting ready for supper tonight I got a call from Petsmart about a job interview for a trainee position at their grooming salon. I was really, REALLY hoping for a chance at this position-- I used to work weekends as a dog-washer at my older sister's grooming salon, and am seriously considering going back to college to become a certified groomer-- and now I finally, finally, FINALLY feel like I've got a foot in the door. My interview is tomorrow morning at 11AM. When the call ended I actually just dropped my phone and started crying. I am so, SO excited about this job-- Even if I don't get it, the fact that someone actually wanted an interview with me for the position is enough to restore my hope that I could potentially land one of my dream jobs.

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW AAAAHHH <3<3<3 Hopefully I'll rock that interview tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    After years of desperate searching for a full-time job working with animals (literally anything, haha) as I was getting ready for supper tonight I got a call from Petsmart about a job interview for a trainee position at their grooming salon. I was really, REALLY hoping for a chance at this position-- I used to work weekends as a dog-washer at my older sister's grooming salon, and am seriously considering going back to college to become a certified groomer-- and now I finally, finally, FINALLY feel like I've got a foot in the door. My interview is tomorrow morning at 11AM. When the call ended I actually just dropped my phone and started crying. I am so, SO excited about this job-- Even if I don't get it, the fact that someone actually wanted an interview with me for the position is enough to restore my hope that I could potentially land one of my dream jobs.

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW AAAAHHH <3<3<3 Hopefully I'll rock that interview tomorrow!
    Yay! Good luck today Tieri

OKAY SO I HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND MERNETWORK FOR A WHILE BUT I'M SUPER EXCITED AND I'LL TRY TO BE AROUND MORE I PROMIIISSE

Wellp, I never got that grooming job after, BUT the last couple of weeks have been pretty great! Two weeks ago I signed the adoption papers on my first very-own cat, and on May 23rd Loki moved in. He's still a little skittish, but I've learned a lot about his favorite foods and toys and even found his favorite cat-videos on YouTube (playing high-def 40-minute videos of birds fluttering around birdfeeders on fullscreen on my 22" monitor is a great way to keep him entertained and occupied, as it turns out) and he's starting to approach me for rubs and treats and explore the house on his own.

I'm especially excited and happy to have Loki living with me now, since he's basically a sort of unofficial Emotional Support Animal to help me with my depression and anxiety. I'd always lived in a house with animals when I was living with my parents, so being out on my own for the past year in a house with no animals of any kind was really hard on me and had a way harsher effect on my mental health than I thought it would. Loki's only been here a week but as he gets more and more comfortable with me I'm starting to feel better and better. <3

Name:  3LA5l85.png
Views: 502
Size:  735.8 KB

And in other news: My neoprene mermaid tail-- my FIRST EVER TAIL-- goes into production soon! ;w; It's being made by Morticia because her painted tails are gorgeous and she's got all the materials and paints for it and we've pretty much ironed out the design and fluke shape and everything else and I AM SO EXCITED because it means I'm getting closer and closer to finally really getting to be a mermaid and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <3<3<3 I've been squealing at my boyfriend about it since I paid it off and I'm kinda keeping it a surprise from most of my other friends because I really wanna see their reactions when I post my first pictures+videos of me in my tail afterwards so yeah. ;w; I CAN'T HANDLE THE EXCITEMENT.

Only thing is I haven't been to the pool in a couple of weeks because I was working a lot during my usual swim times and then I got sick and then I hurt my leg/lower back (minor thing, just opted not to go swimming because I was worried about making it worse-- it's better now! ). That's gonna change this week, though!

Overall I'm super excited about a lot of things and feeling really good!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar
    Loki is beautiful!!! <3 he makes me feel better and it's just a picture :-)
    I'm excited to see your tail it's gonna be awesome!!

Aww. Loki is so beautiful <3

I'm excited because I've just talked with a girl who works as entertainer for birthday parties, so I'm gonna learn something about it and maybe starting my mermaid "career"

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    "Living without a cat is possible, but pointless."
    (free citation of Loriot )

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Good news!

I've got myself a job! Its casual, the work is good and the pay is decent. Other than having to wake up before everyone else, I think its pretty super.
    Getting that little bit of confidence back day by day is awesome, plus the actual social interactions rather than online is just what I needed to pick myself up from the bottomless pit I was in...

congrats Irene!

Happy for you!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Lovely kitty! And congrats on the tail!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Aww Loki is so cute! Love the green eyes, very fitting with the name. <3

I'm starting to get really excited because my 21st birthday will be here in just two days (June 4). I'm back in Cali for a big part of the summer and going to be helping paint and decorate my old room to make it a nursery for my new nephew coming in September! The next Wednesday after my birthday I'll be leaving to New York for about 4 days to surprise my best friend who will be there from the UK.
    Then it will be off to Minnesota for a week to visit another friend of mine who I haven't seen in 4 years and we'll also be stopping by to see the Finfolk Production girls and they will be taking measurements for my upcoming new tail before I fly back home. I've got so much coming up, which is really a relief after this past year has been nothing but one bad thing after another. Finally some happiness is a nice change.

Senior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer On Twitter Add Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Crystal Shimmer on Flickr Visit Mermaid Crystal Shimmer's Youtube Channel
    Just thought this was funny. Just received my public transportation card, with mermaid picture! Hehe

Name:  10252102_681086415296999_2687842927356792899_n.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  131.1 KB

http://youtu.be/nYAMDhVT50I

This makes me laugh so hard no matter how many times I've seen it lol

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Not really mer-related but my lightsabers arrived the other day Birthday present to myself hehe.
    Name:  10302170_10152229734271185_5699705409052148770_n.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  81.7 KB
    Name:  10426776_10152229734351185_7871721424340774969_n.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  84.1 KB
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Sweet saber! Do you have two separate color LEDs, or is it color changing?
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    Probably 2 different Sabers. I've got one as well! I have orange, my favorite color! I wore it to the renaissance faire (that was on Star Wars Day) along with some Leia buns, and everyone loved it.

(Not lit up, cuz it was day time and you really can't see the orange very well in sunlight)
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...01945326_n.jpg
    And lit up, at the wedding where I got it (and was the only one that knew about this gift), they got married on May the 4th (be with you...)
    https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...74652361_n.jpg

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    Aziara: They're two different ones, with the same hilt style XP, they join together to become a staff, but it was cheaper than buying two separate sabers with a connector. Go figure lol. Colour changing addition costs way too much for my budget .

Oh well, they'll do well for my bf and I when we cosplay Jedi ^_^

Meshy: That would be awesome to get married on May the 4th
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy