Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2340

Thread: The Happy Thread!

Okay so my crazy shell-drilling idea worked! I didn't really want to buy a drill or anything, and a dremel seemed expensive, but I had the idea that I could use an electric nail-care thing that I got from my Nanna a few years ago. So I thought: "I never use it, so why not try it out for shells?" And it works!! It's a great starting tool for someone who doesn't want to spend too much on jewellery stuff here's what it looks like, if anyone else wants a useful cheap mermaid shell tool Name:  image.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  36.4 KB ( also don't worry, I'm careful with the shell dust) :P
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I used to have one of those. They're pretty intense so I could see it working on shells

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    I got the job at JcPenney!

*Previously know as KellyMermaid*

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  84.7 KB
    Hi mernetwork
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Euro Pod Sammi Ray's Avatar
    Good luck :-) i'm sure it will turn out great

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    glub glub, glub....glub. ^_^

user formerly known as _PeBBles_

100 Likes on my Facebook fanpage! It's a start, right?
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

I'll be swimming in Lake Tahoe this weekend! I brought my new sinus savers so I'll be trying those out too
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidofthelabyrinth View Post
    I'll be swimming in Lake Tahoe this weekend! I brought my new sinus savers so I'll be trying those out too
    Yay, Tahoe! You a should check out Angora Lake too. It's just a few minutes away and the water is clear and still. Good sunbathing rocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    Woohoo! I like big flukes and I cannot lie!

This guy is ready to be sculpted!

*Previously know as KellyMermaid*

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  84.7 KB
    Hi mernetwork
    Yay! Have fun!

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    I've been resisting photobombing this thread with baby pictures. I'm just so smitten!

Name:  image_medium.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  150.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Crystal Shimmer View Post
    I tried the sinus saver.. it makes me look like Miss Piggy -_-
    I like miss piggy. She is her own merpig. So I will give savers a try. Thanks.
    H.P. Lovecraft “You fool, Warren is DEAD!”

weee! DH, ODS and I will be in Pittsburgh, PA for the first two weeks of 2016!
    The best part?! The hotel allows mers in their (shallow) pool!
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I'm never buying a swimsuit again! I can make my own!
    Formerly known as ireneho

The Happy Thread!

Someone very special in my heart made one of my dream come true!

Thanks to him, I might have found a pool to swim! We are currently waiting for the email which will grant me the authorization to use my tail in the pool. Test swim this coming Saturday!!

I'm thrilled and very excited!

Wellp, I'm currently out of a job because my current place is shutting down at the end of this week; though since what I was hired to do originally is gonna be covered by my boss during the store's last week, I would have had nothing to do... So Saturday was my last day (and I only found that out near the end of my shift Friday night). It's a weird feeling, and a bit of anxiety, but overall I'm feeling... Pretty surprisingly great about it?

Plus, for some reason, I've been bitten by the art bug for the first time in... Forever? And now I've taken on a huge project; "Project Eeveelution"!

Basically, I'm designing humanoid outfits ("Gijinka" I think it's called?) based off of each of Eevee's Pokemon evolutions. I'm planning on doing up concepts for all nine Pokemon, and naturally, I've started off with my favorite; Vaporeon!

Name:  Vaporeon 01.png
Views: 491
Size:  581.0 KB
    (have a crappy cellphone pic)

It's just a WIP so far, but I'm loving how it's turning out so far and I can't wait to get started on the others!

I don't think I'll ever be able to make them into real costumes (my sewing capabilities are... not great, plus a lot of the materials and fabrics I'd need would be expensive as hell to get here), but I'm treating each design as if I were anyway, because it's a lot of fun brainstorming all of the different materials, and the different tricks I could use to get certain effects... I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tieri View Post
    Wellp, I'm currently out of a job because my current place is shutting down at the end of this week; though since what I was hired to do originally is gonna be covered by my boss during the store's last week, I would have had nothing to do... So Saturday was my last day (and I only found that out near the end of my shift Friday night). It's a weird feeling, and a bit of anxiety, but overall I'm feeling... Pretty surprisingly great about it?

Plus, for some reason, I've been bitten by the art bug for the first time in... Forever? And now I've taken on a huge project; "Project Eeveelution"!

Basically, I'm designing humanoid outfits ("Gijinka" I think it's called?) based off of each of Eevee's Pokemon evolutions. I'm planning on doing up concepts for all nine Pokemon, and naturally, I've started off with my favorite; Vaporeon!

Name:  Vaporeon 01.png
Views: 491
Size:  581.0 KB
    (have a crappy cellphone pic)

It's just a WIP so far, but I'm loving how it's turning out so far and I can't wait to get started on the others!

I don't think I'll ever be able to make them into real costumes (my sewing capabilities are... not great, plus a lot of the materials and fabrics I'd need would be expensive as hell to get here), but I'm treating each design as if I were anyway, because it's a lot of fun brainstorming all of the different materials, and the different tricks I could use to get certain effects... I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself so far.
    That is freaking cool 0.0
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

AWESOME

AND THEN

THEN YOU SHOULD MAKE TAIL CONCEPT ART

yeah
    that would be kinda cool