Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Happy Thread!

HOT TOPIC MERMAID/DISNEY HAUL! Aaaaand i was chatting it up with the cashier about disney & vegas, cirque... & criss angel
    .. and she liked me so much that the gave me like 5x 15$ COUPONS. EEEK.

I'm officially in love with hot topic workers. the last hot topic workers i met in vegas were super nice too - that i completely forgot that i wasn't in canada!!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

So tonight at work, one of my coworkers came up and said to me, "You know who you sound like? Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I love that movie!" It was so out of the blue, but it made me a bit happy! XD She eventually convinced me to sing a few lines of Part of Your World, which made her happy too!
    Lyra the mermaid <3

I don't past very often but I'm super excited because I just ordered my first monofin! Since I've had a job all year, it wasn't hard to convince my parents. Now I just have to find a pool to swim in!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Congrats Maethor! About monofins, I had my first swim today! It was a bit hard but really exciting I need to practice, lol
    (Formerly known as Mermaid Claudia)

That is really exciting! I can't wait until mine is delivered!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Cerulean's Avatar
    By this time tomorrow Ill be flying into San Diego, I'll be home for the first time in about a year. I get to see the beach, my home and parents, friends, and dog

Whats MORE exciting? I had a close friend of mine order a finfun (the new blue design) tail for me about a week ago and already arrive and is sitting on my bed waiting for me! Dont worry Im not a mooch - totally paying them back. Its just that I dont have a credit card or anything and I thought that would be better than buying a temp one form a grocery store or something.

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    User formerly known as "Allie free".

I'm super happy because finfolk just finished my tail!!!! Eeeee!!!!!

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

I saw the pics of your tail on Facebook, Sirenia, and it's stunning! I LOVE those shades of green! <3

Also, I got the first WIP shots of my tail from Morticia today! I'm so excited!!! <3 We were bouncing messages back and forth on Facebook finalizing the fluke, fin and dorsal shapes and just--!!! I can't get over it, I really can't. I've been giggling like a madmer all day! My tail is going to be so beautiful, I can't wait until she starts painting! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Staver View Post

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Your tail is absolutely amazing! Those are my dream colors! That must be so exciting!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by Savannah Staver View Post

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Whoa that tail is so beautiful! The colors pop!
    User formerly known as "Allie free".

So today my Sephora order came in...
    Name:  10448962_736235649748651_1473085596_n.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  120.8 KB

My Merfin is due to arrive tomorrow or friday. I got the adult M from Urban Outfitters (and saved $15 with a coupon)

And today I went swimming for the first time this year. I'm not really entirely comfortable with being underwater, but I got a pair of goggles, ear plugs, and a nose clip. Everything was wonderful with the exception of the nose clip. I'm thinking of adding silicone to the inside so it sticks better. I was able to go completely underwater and work on my dolphin kick.

To shorten a long story:

5 years ago, I tore a ligament in my wrist and it was screwing up my tendons. I had surgery to fix it, but something they did during the surgery wound up irritating one of those tendons to the point where it broke down and was basically nothing but scar tissue. About 7 weeks ago, I had a second surgery to remove that tendon completely.

Today, my doctor and physical therapist gave me the go-ahead to return (slowly and gently) to normal activity! Yay! This means I can get back to work (I own my own indie yarn business) AND start work on my own silicone tail!

SO HAPPY!

Congrats!

Mermaid Galene (pronounced Guh-LEE-nee)

Mermaid Galene WebNeptune's Keep WebFacebookMG YouTubeNK YouTubeEtsy Shop

Neptune's Keep makes music with fish. Fish have hidden depths!

Junior Member Pod of New England GreenAsSin's Avatar

Follow GreenAsSin on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    Well, there's this band, Steam Powered Giraffe, and they are my happy thing. I absolutely *must* be in a better mood when I see/hear them.

And they're so goofy... Behind-the-scenes stuff (without their makeup on) is freaking hi-LAR-ious!
    Okay so this reply is super late to the party, but Miyu I can't tell you how ecstatic I was to see this video posted in the thread. SPG is my all time favorite band and I'm so excited to see their fans popping up here, too!

And as for a new post for me, here's a short super adorable video that I've seen popping up on Tumblr here and there that I thought someone here might enjoy

That video was perfect!

I got to swim in the ocean today! It was surprisingly bearable for Washington.

My master's thesis is starting to near completion...
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~

Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art

I get to see my boyfriend today after a month! Stupid army made him go to NTC.

I went into the disneystire and "UNDER the sea " came on their screen. And then me and a Disney worker broke out into a musical number
    The SeaGlass Siren