Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Living with mental health issues

Unfortunately, no. I don't know much about stuff like that. I already ranted in the physical disability thread by accident so I don't have much to post here. Do any of you else have social problems from autism spectrum disorder? It sucks, I feel like a robot interacting with most people, as I can't really be myself because they don't understand me, or my behaviors and such annoy/spook them.

I met my cousin's husband who shares the same name as me for the first time, and want to know what spaghetti I dropped? I just stammered out some stupid joke, about how we must fight to determine who becomes the alpha-Takahao.
    Proud Merman, Eaglescout, DIYer, and lover of nature

Fun story:

I connected with a professional photographer via Model Mayhem recently, and upon meeting him, he seemed super easy-going and made me feel comfortable around him instantly. We took some awesome shots of me doing LED poi and levitation wand, and some really good portrait shots. When we went to his place for artistic shots, things went downhill quickly. His landlord busted in with no warning (and me in a state of undress), and straight-up evicted him. My photographer retaliated by raising his voice and his hand to the guy, and my PTSD flared up. I don't know how long I was in that episode, but the instant I had a moment of clarity (where there weren't audio/visual flashbacks going on), I packed up my stuff and bolted. All I remember is that the two guys had no idea why I was bawling my eyes out and curled up in a fetal position, and that I drove home while having VERY INTENSE flashbacks. I can only recall about 15 minutes of that drive, but it took me 45 mins to get there.

Long story short, I'm probably not getting those pictures back, and the photographer probably thinks that I'm severely unhinged.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCelesteFL View Post
    Fun story:

I connected with a professional photographer via Model Mayhem recently, and upon meeting him, he seemed super easy-going and made me feel comfortable around him instantly. We took some awesome shots of me doing LED poi and levitation wand, and some really good portrait shots. When we went to his place for artistic shots, things went downhill quickly. His landlord busted in with no warning (and me in a state of undress), and straight-up evicted him. My photographer retaliated by raising his voice and his hand to the guy, and my PTSD flared up. I don't know how long I was in that episode, but the instant I had a moment of clarity (where there weren't audio/visual flashbacks going on), I packed up my stuff and bolted. All I remember is that the two guys had no idea why I was bawling my eyes out and curled up in a fetal position, and that I drove home while having VERY INTENSE flashbacks. I can only recall about 15 minutes of that drive, but it took me 45 mins to get there.

Long story short, I'm probably not getting those pictures back, and the photographer probably thinks that I'm severely unhinged.
    Celeste, I'm sorry that happened. I understand the feeling. I can barely remember what I did in a mood swing. It's not fun.

I'm so glad that this thread exists omg. When I see these professional mermaids and their pages all I can see is these beautiful perfect people being able to do something they love. You never see the behind the scenes, or the things they might be dealing with.
    I've wanted to be a mermaid for as long as I can remember, and I've wanted to be a professional mermaid since I saw Aquamarine and realized that people could actually make tails like that and wear them and be mermaids. But my mind prevents me from ever being a professional mermaid, at least as a performer or entertainer. I have C-PTSD from years of abuse, starting when I was a baby basically. One of the triggers I have is being submerged in water. My sisters tried to drown me. A lot. I tried to get past the trigger last year, when I took a swimming class at my college. Bad idea. I would get flashbacks and panic attacks in the water, and would ignore it or push through it (partially due to the urging of my coach, who has no experience with mental illness apparently). It got to the point where I would hyperventilate until I passed out. First it was in the sauna after a swim, so I thought it was just the steam, then it was in the locker rooms, and then one night I went again after class to practice and I nearly passed out in the pool. The lifeguards had to pull me out while I was half-conscious and unable to move or help, and I passed out next to the side of the pool. No more swimming class. I'm still having panic attacks like that pretty constantly, which shows why you don't try exposure therapy by yourself/without a doctor's guidance?? But I'm trying to work on it with the support of friends and my counselor and therapist, and I'm hoping to start going to the pool with my friends again, first just sitting in the pool area, coloring or playing a game or smt (get used to the area), then gradually start sitting on the edge of the pool, then hang out in the shallow end. When I was in the swim class, I made progress, I had never been able to go past five feet before and I managed to swim to the deep end and back, and sometimes just hold onto the wall of the deep end. Someday I want to be able to tread water in the deep end or even learn to dive, but that won't be anytime soon.
    I don't want to let go of my mermaid dreams, so instead of being a performer, I want to teach others to be performers. I want to open up a mermaid school and teach people how to be mermaids. I've been a reenactor for about 6 years now, and I have a lot of experience creating convincing personas, and researching. I want to do it so well that people will hold my school at a high standard, where mermaids who graduate from my school have a high chance of getting jobs as mermaids within 6 months or so of their graduation. Basically like an Ivy League school, but for mermaids. (Kelp League school maybe??) I want to be able to share my passion with others, and help others.
    I'm trying to save up to get a tail this year, and I want to do land-based mermaid stuff, like volunteer at hospitals and libraries and shelters and read to kids and teach them. I have a long list of mental issues and disorders, so raising awareness about disability is very near to my heart. My mer-sona has a disability where she was born without gills and thus was raised on land. My friend wants to write a children's book about her for me to read to kids and raise awareness of both disability and of pollution. I hope to help people and to be an advocate for those who also struggle with disabilities and disorders. I want to be a person who inspires others and helps others achieve their dreams, through doing what I love.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    For those who are struggling, you should look into the lesser known PTG or Post Traumatic Growth. Basically, it's turning your struggles into a spring board for rapid growth or becoming stronger when you get knocked down. It's the opposite of PTSD, but it's also good for dealing with any kind of struggle.

I didn't know about PTG when this experience happened, but it might explain why I didn't develop any phobias or anything because of this. I shared on my Public Figure Page my experience with oxygen deprivation after choking on a chunk of Pine Apple as a means of stressing the importance of safety and illustrating what could happen when you run out of Oxygen. However, I didn't go into detail about the effects it had on me. I nearly died that day. I was very close to death. I remember eating extremely slowly and refusing to eat foods I love like pizza out of fear of choking to death. However, I got sick and tired of avoiding things I loved because I was afraid of choking, not breathing. Crazy, I'm a merman now, but I almost developed a fear of going underwater because of a stupid chunk of pineapple getting stuck in my throat. Before the chunk of pineapple, I swam laps underwater pushing my limits without fear, and I loved it. After the chunk of pineapple, I had to slowly face my fear knowing what could happen if I stayed under too long. To this day, I think I still surface sooner than I need to because of this fear, but at the end of the day, I feel safer for not pushing myself too hard too often unless I feel up for it. Anyways, it took some time, but I gradually got comfortable swimming underwater again. On the swim team as a varsity swimmer, my underwater swimming was top notch, and when I was in my best shape then, I could swim 50 yards, back and forth on a standard 25 yard swim lane, on one breath. To this day, I can still swim down a 25 yard swim lane and back half way easily. I guess gradually getting used to swimming underwater again and making myself eat my favorite foods despite my fear allowed me to overcome my fears for the most part.

Now a days, if I need to be reminded of what to do to overcome my struggles, I watch the following Ted Talk that is basically a game a gamer made up to deal with her own trauma. The game Superbetter is a game that allows people to tap into the human ability to get back up when knocked down. The video is full of helpful details for anyone struggling with pretty much anything.

Thanks for sharing that Ted Talk video Dylan I really enjoyed it! I have been watching a few Ted Talks lately to help inspire me.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Thanks Dylan, that might actually explain why I've made so much progress with my ASD the last two years. I'm still horrible with talking (a deep voice with bad speech pronunciation doesn't help!), but overall I'm a much better balanced person now.

I'm trying to exercise and get in shape instead of bingeing on food and sleeping, I'm much more stoick and strong, and I'm trying to get better at talking and picking up on social cues. I will say I'm somewhat bad in a different way, I can't really trust authority any more. I'm jaded and pessimistic, and am quick to anger.

I am getting better at relationships and talking though, I actually managed to have a healthy relationship with a girl for a few months, and we're still best friends after breaking up.
    Proud Merman, Eaglescout, DIYer, and lover of nature

I have anxiety that reacts any time anyone is confrontational. I will panic and get away as fast as I can. Really not helpful when I need to get a point across about something. I also have seasonal affective depression (obviously because I am a mermaid and you cannot swim when the lake is frozen over), and I am a very accomplished sleepwalker (I used to walk across my room and turn off my alarm clock before it went off, all while still asleep). Sometimes I also have sleep paralysis, which can be terrifying. Luckily I'm a psychology student and know what it is and can usually mentally talk myself through it until I can move again

I woke up in a very bad depression, meaning, it's worse today than usual. It brought this to mind... having had depression for most of my life- 34+ years at this point, I've come across this a number of times:

Them: You tired? What's wrong?
    Me: Nothing- I mean, well, I'm just really depressed today.
    Them: Why?
    Me: ...because I have depression.
    Them: But why are you depressed right now?

Ok. A huge point of depression is that you experience this state and a lack of feeling at times, for no outer reason, really. Yes, there are triggers and real reasons can happen and send those of us with depression spiraling much more than we might otherwise. There are people who've had depression triggered by trauma and grief, and that is all very real.

But dammit, there is not some 'temporary reason' that is causing us to feel depressed. One has depression because of brain chemistry that's off, and we have scientific proof of this. That proof is how medications are designed for it, and granted they're not perfect and I can't personally take any, they have saved lives.

But when someone implies I should simply 'choose to be happy' they are showing they have no idea what it's like to live with actual, clinically severe depression. The blues, grieving, sadness, are all part of the human experience. Depression is not just those things. It's those things in the extreme, it's often nothing at all- which is the worst of it for me, when I cannot feel anything. Sure, cognitive behavioural therapy and watching are thoughts *can* be helpful, but it's an ongoing, never-ending self-maintenance and not some simple thing.

But now, when people say, "But why are you depressed?" I like to give these answers.

1. There are genetic variants that can cause a problem with serotonin. I have a heterozygous variant at MTHFr A1298C, which affects the balance of dopamine and serotonin. I also have heterozygous MAOA R297R which results in slower breakdown of serotonin. Can lead to high/low cycling of neurotransmitter. I also have VDR Bsm/Taq homozygous which is related to fluctuations in dopamine production. These are very real, physical issues.

2. Science has learned through cadaver studies, via people who lived with severe depression and then donate their bodies to science, that the brains of these people are found to be lacking in serotonin and dopamine. We know of that connection because it's physical and can be measured. It can be quantified.

3. Cytokines are a protein that often occurs with inflammation. Cytokines are strongly related to depression symptoms increasing. So when someone has an inflammatory issue such as Lupus, migraines, severe allergies, surgery, or any number of other things, it can cause depression. Pain meds and steroid medications are also known to affect the brain in a way that can cause depression. If someone has a genetic variant that hasn't expressed until then, those things can and have triggered depression in their lives. (See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3741070/ , for instance)

So yeah. it's frustrating that it's considered mental when it's in reality quite a combination of factors.

And yes, I do also have severe anxiety issues, which were also made sense of with the genetic testing I had done. Regardless of my past and trauma, since my sisters went through the same trauma and do not deal with the anxiety or depression that I do, I always wondered why I was affected so differently. MY PTSD does contribute to anxiety issues for sure, but it might not have, had I not been born with these genetic variants.

I'm hoping that the mainstream medical world will hurry up and catch up to DNA based medicine... I think a lot of people could be given a new framework through which to approach their depression if they had a better idea of how it was occurring in their case, without guess work. there are DNA based medical clinics popping up but they're so far not covered by insurance of course, and seem to be in wealthy areas for that reason.

This thread is lovely.
    I have PTSD, depression, anxiety, bipolar, and dyslexia... You can just call me ABC's heh. Yeah, I had a very gnarly past of child abuse of all kinds... Then grew up to protect my baby siblings from my mother's abuse and neglect. Then almost two years ago we lost both our parents in what the media called a "murder suicide" but to those who actually knew the truth it was a tragedy, more than likely my alcoholic, undiagnosed bipolar (talked with 4 psychologist to confirm her diagnosis, but she refused to go in herself and get help saying she was fine) black belt of taekwondoe mother attacked my dad, who with a bad back, knee and recovering from a heart attack could not fight her off on his on... Mistakes were made, he couldn't live having taking a life, he was such a peaceful man, and especial that of the woman he loved so much...
    My husband and I got up and moved. I became guardian of my little brother as he was only 12 at the time. Him and my sister who was 18 moved in with us and I started the daunting task of cleaning up the mess my parents left behind and how to pick up a family.

On top of that I have chiari's malformation, migraines galore, a bulged disc in my neck which will be surgically replaced later this year because it is not healing. My body is just silly and like to cause problems, it keeps coming up with new things. I really can't wait for it to be done.

I can tell you my life has been all over the place, I've felt the highs and the lowest lows and some how I keep pushing forward and encouraging others to push forward and look for the rainbows.

Eh sorry wasn't planning on going into all that right now but it poured out... Seems I needed to vent or whatnot. I took a cleansing bath and meditation earlier to help clear the spirits hanging around, seems it wasn't enough.
    My father and I were planning on writing a book together about living with my mom and her mental disability, we were going to call it Crazy Train. I do plain on writing it, but just need to take time to heal and take care of the family... Life is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have depression, anxiety and ocd prob a little bit of paranoia as well. This makes me an interesting girl friend the worst is when I get anxiety and blow up my boyfriends phone with text like 20 in 30 min then I freak out what’s going on why hasn’t he answered and then proceed to drive over to his house in the middle of the night to see if everything looks ok then I drive home and I can’t sleep cause my mind just won’t shut off and if I do manage to drift it’s usually into a nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    I've been told I have anxiety and depression by counselors but it's only ever been unmanageably bad twice in my life. The anxiety was bad enough to cause me debilitating panic attacks randomly for about 6 months of my life back in 2015, and the depression is seasonal though was really at its worse in 2012. It's not as simple as getting more sun etc as I find it's actually more like a form of mental fatigue that sets in, which slowly gets worse in the winter months due to several factors.

I like to compare it to being in a boat with holes in it. If I take the time to pale out the water I can hold off sinking, but I'm always in the boat and it's always taking on water. The more I work at it the easier it gets to remove the water as I build muscles/tools that help me cope and if I keep the water levels low I'm always at a comfortable state of not sinking. However there are times where I get distracted or fatigued and I miss a few pales, the water level raises and I start to feel bad about not doing my part to prevent it from getting worse which prevents me from acting on my problem at hand and again more water gets in. It sort becomes a cycle of feeling bad about not doing things, and then worse because I'm feeling bad about feeling bad and doing nothing about it. Sometime shortly after, maybe a week maybe two of being stressed or overworked managing without properly managing my state of mind my boat starts to list and sink and at that point I'm treading water to stay afloat.

I've really only gotten bad twice in my life, bad being in a state where I don't feel like treading water anymore. I've described both of those times as moments where I just couldn't rest, my mind was perpetually in a state of negative feeling and those feelings were overwhelming to the point of being unable to focus or calm. That desire to harm myself never came out of anything other than wanting to rest.

At some point I developed the ability to sense when more water was getting in than out. For me it is a weighted feeling in the back of my mind that feels physical and real. It takes a while to work it out, nearly 4 weeks of using coping techniques before I'm free of any sense of weight. Through each experience I built up a list of techniques that help, they are entirely personal so it's not really advice but the one thing I find myself doing when I get to that point of more in than out, is to ask myself "Are you happy?".

It seems like a ridiculous question because the answer is always "no" in those circumstances. I always have a mental list of things to not be happy about in those moments but it is important to ask because the follow up question to it that I ask myself is "what can help?" and that usually means looking at my list and doing something, anything on it even just a little fraction of one thing on that list to relieve a little bit of burden. Eventually if I keep at it those things weighing me down are no longer issues, they are accomplishments though I always, ALWAYS feel bad that procrastinated, missed deadlines, or let myself down. Those feelings never cease and will always be there, regret is just the ocean I always find myself in even if I'm just barely floating above it.

I wish I could say friends help, support helps but I'm a bit of a loner and when the going gets bad I don't like to be around other people so I isolate myself and cut myself off. It seems dumb but at some point I turned that into a strength too, I found that I was more willing to cope when others weren't looking. As if an audience made the pressure to succeed worse, and doing the bare minimum even less of an accomplishment as I felt the need to compare myself to others.

Sharing this now because I've been teetering on this boat for awhile, letting water get in lately though wildly aware of what I need to do to balance and get back to working. Talking about it helps me sort things out though this too is one of those "you're procrastinating" moments.

I relate so well to the 'random' anxiety attacks you mention, Arking. And I often use a swamp as my metaphor for depression. I live with major depression, I'm in a depression all the time, it's just sometimes a lot worse and on rare occasions relents for reasons I have never figured out. So usually my head is above the swamp. Fingers holding on to a slippery dock.

Recently there was a meme going around, "Anxiety is conspiracy theories about yourself." ? Excuse me? Let's not paint everyone with the same brush here. It made me angry and frustrated because so so many shared it, and it could not be further from the truth for me or for a lot of people who have anxiety as a disorder. It has literally zero to do with how I feel about myself. My anxiety attacks have nothing to do with thoughts. I sometimes wake up in one. Which means that from a basic sleep, I'm suddenly flooded with terror and adrenaline and I have to orient myself and realize what's happening, and it's only logic that gets me through, because I can't take meds for it. Or for almost anything else. The only thing I can compare it with is the last time I actually felt that kind of terror, which is the first time I actually remember dissociating, because it was so strong.

Thing is, I get that anxiety for some people includes a lot of negative self-talk in a big way that really impacts them. I get that with depression, which I have had since I was 13 but experienced as early as 9. Depression lies, and in your own voice. As so many of us, unfortunately, know.

But anxiety for me has nothing to do with a preceding fear, or thoughts about myself, or self-esteem, or anything that that meme indicated. It's out of nowhere for me, or caused by my senses being overwhelmed (eta- and occasionally, triggers, but they're called that for a reason and have no preceding thoughts to them, either). I also have a dissociative disorder (well, two, but one of them rarely shows anymore) and PTSD, and I suspect I started dissociating because of anxiety and the way I was raised with zero understanding of it and just being told to behave only one way and not express anything.

Living with mental health issues means constantly learning and reassessing what works for us and what doesn't. There were times in the past that I thought I'd learned to understand something about myself based on what I had to go on, but in recent years, between DNA tests and new neurological evidence and such, I've come to a current understanding of my processes and such that seems to be more accurate. Which does actually help on a small level... when I was in my teens, I didn't have a way to understand at all. All these years later, I can detach from it a lot because I can observe a lot of what my brain and body are going through and as awful as it all can be, it does help a lot of the time. Sometimes it doesn't, but I will take what I can.
    Last edited by deepblue; 06-11-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    That meme is utter trash and I was verbally told something akin to it when I was going through my experience. My anxiety was thankfully founded in legitimate concerns, lots of "what ifs" brought about by inconsistent social work environments and trust issues that arose from that experience. I was gaslighted by my employer for awhile and eventually reluctantly signed up for counseling and began to work on it. It had gotten to such a point that my heart would start racing and I'd collapse with trouble breathing, and intense pain in my chest multiple times during the day when I ran into or thought about a certain member the work team whom later was put in charge of my employment. Through counseling it became this sort of back and forth to first mitigate and control the attacks, and then later to setup an exit strategy from that environment as it was the source of everything and would continue to impact me if I stayed.

I can't imagine having them for no reason, but I do know what it's like to be in control of your faculties and thoughts and yet be powerless to stop an attack when it's happening. I was more than once able to rationalize myself and yet still couldnt prevent the attacks from happening until after I had an outlet to discuss my problems and a better understanding of how to circumvent the thought processes that were triggering them. At times it was almost fight or flight and that was pretty scary.

I've had only one dissociative experience and that was after some pretty big trauma in my life but thankfully it rectified itself in a week or so after the incident. Living with that as a defining mental state or trait of your personality must be incredibly unsettling and uncertain, you have my sympathy.

Kudos to you on figuring out your triggers. That fight or flight is what I got hit with at the marketplace, and where I sometimes abandon ship. Live to fight another day, as it were... but I was determined to stick it out, so I did. But it was harrowing. And I hate attention, so it was all while trying to look and act totally 'normal.' ha!

And yes, me too- I was told a lot of things about my experiences that were supposed to explain it and only made it worse. If I'd had the info I have now I wonder how different my life might have been so far. Oh well.

I've found meditation helps because it can take down the adrenaline levels. Have you tried meditation? I know it doesn't help for everyone, and a lot of people have trouble even trying.

I'm so angry though, because I'd actually conquered a lot of this in a big way and was living at much more acceptable-to-me level of anxiety for years, and then we made the mistake of moving into a condo to save money. And the constant onslaught of sounds and smells from everywhere and all around and over and under... it did me in. I'm still recovering, and we got out of there over a year ago. The people there didn't help, either, it was a neighborhood that didn't seem to appreciate someone of a little more melanin than they had breathing the same air. It's the 21st century, but these people didn't seem to have evolved at all. Or maybe it was something else, but I have only ever been looked at like that while having racist remarks thrown my way.

Anyway, yeah, the anxiety will slowly get better again, but in a really exhausting, 'Dear gods I've already done this...' kind of way. Been there, done that, doing it again.

Luckily for me, I've got a couple friends -somehow, just lucky I guess- who deal with a lot of the same stuff. We call ourselves the Psycho Sisterhood. lol And seeing it written in my DNA has helped a lot, because it explained why I have anxiety like I do, but neither of my sisters, who lived the same childhoods, do not.

And yeah, I mean, it's not really happening no reason, but it feels that way. It's wonky dna.

I do get them due to triggers also, but that's a different experience for me, and one which I have a little more control over somehow, and again, knowing that is what is the problem can help.

I see this thread is 5 years old but wanted to reply as I’m brand new on here and can’t find where to PM you! Please reach out to me if u r still in here as I’ve just started a nonprofit for depressed and suicidal youth. I also have a YouTube channel where I’ve shared my story publicly after Being kidnapped them attempt uicide 5 years later. My FB Page has all kids of resources including a natural supplement ($40/month) for anxiety that works in less than 40 minutes. I understand u because I’ve been there. After being on Prozac (now proven to cause suicidal ideation for 11 years) I’ve gone totally natural in diet, exercise, balanced life etc. I’d be happy to share these links with u because my first feedback post was so rude I am currently trying to find out how to block her or not allow her to see my posts so she won’t spam me or harass me in my other sites. light. and love to u my friend!! U wer quote brave sharing this post you just have to use more discretion as when u post any words like “kill” Homeland Secuirty, NSA, LEO, FBI, Google all are flagging this content. I would’ve want it to cause you any troubles even though your intentions are good!

Are you one of those "take a walk in the woods to cure mental illness" ppl?

Also here's a tip (or 2): don't post things claiming stuff causes suicide without proper references

2) read the entire thread to make sure what you're posting is relevant to it

3) don't be so rude when you talk to ppl and you wouldn't have bad responses to you

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I'm having a friend type for me as I feel this is important. I feel you are not safe to be recommending supplement since you are holding a grudge. You are letting your own personal feeling affect decisions that could harm other as some supplement may not be approved and actually allergic to people if used. Your Facebook linked to your profile: https://www.facebook.com/compassionandempathy/ has more post against other medicine with no mention of your supplement. Please stop before someone gets hurt. Also remember people under 18 uses this forum so if you are going to push product, recommend for them to talk to their guardian for your safety. All of your post need to be in the drama thread as you can make it one post without targeting the person that told you the truth that you will not get a free tail. You can never block people on mernetwork. You can however stop logging in to not see that person reply. I have someone typing for me due to my mental handicap that makes my writing unreadable. Anyone reading this will not take medical recommendation on someone that has a grudge. You could be a great member here if you just drop your grudge. Hate can turn you into something you are not and it looks like hate is already taking over. Be the hero, stop the medical recommendation unless you can prove you are in medicine, drop the grudge because a mer told you the truth. My friend has to leave so bye.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidElisa View Post
    I see this thread is 5 years old but wanted to reply as I’m brand new on here and can’t find where to PM you! Please reach out to me if u r still in here as I’ve just started a nonprofit for depressed and suicidal youth. I also have a YouTube channel where I’ve shared my story publicly after Being kidnapped them attempt uicide 5 years later. My FB Page has all kids of resources including a natural supplement ($40/month) for anxiety that works in less than 40 minutes. I understand u because I’ve been there. After being on Prozac (now proven to cause suicidal ideation for 11 years) I’ve gone totally natural in diet, exercise, balanced life etc. I’d be happy to share these links with u because my first feedback post was so rude I am currently trying to find out how to block her or not allow her to see my posts so she won’t spam me or harass me in my other sites. light. and love to u my friend!! U wer quote brave sharing this post you just have to use more discretion as when u post any words like “kill” Homeland Secuirty, NSA, LEO, FBI, Google all are flagging this content. I would’ve want it to cause you any troubles even though your intentions are good!

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidElisa View Post
    This is so incredibly insulting. As someone who has depression and anxiety, i am counting the days until i can get the means to afford medications like prozac. You claim to be fighting for suicidal youth but then start telling them not to take actual medications? Sure, a healthy lifestyle can help symptoms, but for some people, they need medication in order to maintain that lifestyle. You cannot claim to be helping and then go on to push a harmful mindset. Do you realize how many people under 18 there are on this site? You are not helping anyone with this.

pronouns are they/them/their

Thanks for telling about your experience. I also went through this and I'm glad that the state of depression is left behind.