Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Living with mental health issues

Mine is older! From when I was maybe 1 or 2. My dad was in the national guard and away a lot. His mom crafted my bears from one of dad's BDU (Battle Dress Uniform).

Oi that is really young! I sort of wish I hadn't had to deal with it until after the developmental years. I do not have a good memory but I do remember spending g more time with therapists than anyone else save for family.

I know. Lack of any friends and socialization from when I was 5 until 16 really messed me up. I relate so much more to 5 year olds than I do people about my age. I am getting better though. One good thing came out of that break, I am really good with the preschoolers when teaching swim lessons.

See I typically get along with older people better. I often feel like I don't quite know what I am doing. Actually an online forum similar to this has helped immensely. 'Cept it's Star Wars lol

lol. Not big into Star Wars. Much prefer Stargate. I do quite well with older people too...just not teens or my age people.

You and another friend of mine would get along well then! It is all Abydos in the galaxy far far away! And Teal'c! And *nods* Indeed lol his Jedi knight is from Abydos and the Jafa were force weilders.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I guess this is the appropriate thread for this, I'm diagnosed generalized anxiety disorder and ADHD and those two like to play off of each other like a bitch. Today I had to put in my 2 weeks notice at my job and I feel like possibly vomiting? Or just hiding in my new bed fort until I don't have to show my face at work anymore.
    V fort V
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419052935.462647.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  13.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    I guess this is the appropriate thread for this, I'm diagnosed generalized anxiety disorder and ADHD and those two like to play off of each other like a bitch. Today I had to put in my 2 weeks notice at my job and I feel like possibly vomiting? Or just hiding in my new bed fort until I don't have to show my face at work anymore.
    V fort V
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419052935.462647.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  13.2 KB

Pillow fort. Smells better than vomiting.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I agree

Hope you feel better Wesley.

Its Christmas day and I am feeing fairly depressed. Normally we wake up early, drive 4 hours to Des Moines, and see my grandparents and aunt and uncle before diving back today. This year we are doing christmas on Saturday with my sister and her husband, no grandparents or aunt/uncle. I hate that and even though I am just around my parents and my brother this break, I am being my usual introverted self and spending 99% of my time in my bed room. I wish my family was Jewish. 8 days and nights of family and friends sounds so much better than just one.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    So on top of the already cruddy living situation, today the housemates' family - LOTS OF SCREAMING CHILDREN - came over. Now there's two random people here I don't know b/c my mertender's aunt and her bf decided to just invite friends over without telling anyone. This whole family doesn't seem to understand what it's like to live with someone who has massive social anxiety... I really would have appreciated warning. We could have either invited over someone I feel like being around, or we could have spent Christmas somewhere else. I haven't been able to get in the kitchen to make coffee yet, and of course half the dishes are either cooked in teflon (which my orthorexia/OCPD makes it nearly impossible to eat those foods without having a panic attack), or have nasty food dyes that set off my skin condition.

I was going to try hanging out with everyone today like a normal person, but now I'm just going to hole myself up in my room and blast some Steampunk/Goth/Industrial/EDM music. At least until the random people I don't know leave. I don't want to know them. I can tell.

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flyer2002 View Post
    Pillow fort. Smells better than vomiting.
    Sorry, I read "pillow fart". Favorite pastime of little brothers.

Feel better, Wes!

Miyu, you need your own apartment!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Oh goodness yes I do, so very badly... Having my own place would solve so many of my problems right now. Very little privacy, space, consideration or room to do my crafting has not been good to my nerves I have less room for my stuff than a studio apartment. Unfortunately, I live in a very rural area, so it's a lot of work just saving up enough to move into town into an apartment!

However, with all our (loud) crafting, and the large dog-puppy we have managed to acquire, it's more feasible for us to move into a trailer home - we have a friend who lives in one that you would never be able to tell it was a trailer, it's so nice, and spacious, and it's in a trailer residential community that's way nicer than anything I've seen before, so when I'm making the monies, that's where we'll be looking at moving to.

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Mobile homes are often much better than people give them credit for. Good luck!

On Saturday, spur of the moment, I hit the road to meet up with my cousin and join them driving to our grandmother's house. I had been feeling down for a while and really lonely and depressed all week. Saturday night was the happiest I have been in weeks and first night since Christmas Eve eve I didn't think about just being dead.

I'm happy for you, Flyer. I find sometimes a shake-up (the good kind) can help break me out of a really bad place.

Living with mental health issues

It feels weird to think that I am fresh from the womb and already developed multiple mental illnesses, which with help from the medical advances of anti-depressants are under control. It really pisses me off that people like this girl in my grade who used to be my friend is always complaining that she is depressed and shit but when I ask her why she says "JUSTIN BEIBER" not to mention she cut for BEIBER JUSTIN MOTHER FUCKING BIEBER. Some people are fucked up and other people have ACTUAL ISSUES

I would also like to mention that I have not cut in 7 weeks and my last suicide attempt was 4 months ago

http://theho0d.tumblr.com/
    “Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
    Roald Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Jordyn View Post
    It feels weird to think that I am fresh from the womb and already developed multiple mental illnesses, which with help from the medical advances of anti-depressants are under control. It really pisses me off that people like this girl in my grade who used to be my friend is always complaining that she is depressed and shit but when I ask her why she says "JUSTIN BEIBER" not to mention she cut for BEIBER JUSTIN MOTHER FUCKING BIEBER. Some people are fucked up and other people have ACTUAL ISSUES

I would also like to mention that I have not cut in 7 weeks and my last suicide attempt was 4 months ago

She cut herself for Justin Beiber? That is messed up.

Congradulatios! Keep going!

Ps. I can't spell