Thread: Swimming at hotel pools?

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook

Swimming at hotel pools?

Hey guys I've heard some people swim in hotel pools so how do you guys know which hotels are typically mermaid friendly/let you swim w/out booking a room and just charge a fee?

I do this a lot, but for money and for shows.Just call and ask.some places could care less and some like you mentioned above expect you to be rooming there or even renting out the pool.crazy right?
    I'm assuming you found a really nice pool close by.Call them.Best to talk to the manager.Ask if its alright. maybe you can even swim for them and get paid.I recently got hired as an independent contractor to swim for parties at the aquatic center in my area.They let me train there now.I presented myself as a professional for business.If you do plan on mermaiding for money now or in the future, you should also present yourself professionally or they will use your swimming for free,but if that doesn't bug you, its perfect.
    im SO glad you posted this. you reminded me of some things i have to do.lol
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    Actually right after I posted this I found a mer-friendly pool pools around here are strict about stuff in the water. And once I get my tail I plan on going professional (I just want some practice first, don't want to be a fish out of water [bad pun])

I recently found a hotel in my area with an indoor pool who is allowing me to swim for free
    I just went in and asked to talk to the manager....introduced myself and handed him my business card. He said as long as I wasn't coming in every day, they would not charge me. All I have to do is call and let them know before I want to come swimming. They are super nice. However I did try one other hotel before I found this one, and the manager there wasn't quite as friendly, and came up with a not-so-good excuse as to why I couldn't swim. Guess it all depends on who you talk to...good luck!

I usually swim in a hotelpool if I'm there for a convention.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    many pools at hotels let you swim without booking a room for like 5$, that's how I used to practice all the time

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I would love to swim in a pool but at a hotel but there are none near me.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    I wonder if hosting a mer-meet at a hotel pool would be ok? Maybe i should call around to different pools and ask.