Aloha!

Your photo looks amazing, and I'm so happy that you were able to slip into the tail with the help of coconut oil and your husband! And happy that you discovered its weightlessness underwater. I think Mike's silicone tails offer the perfect bouyancy, and I can go much deeper in his tails that I could in latex tails (which seem positively bouyant to me).

The foot pocket is Mike's invention in each of his tails. It's a single pocket with both feet going side-by-side, and the pocket only goes up to the ball of your foot. I have heard that some mermaids use thin dive socks with it, but I found that this makes the feet too slippery.

It actually helps with undulation or dolphin kicks because it forces you to make your leg a single unit. But it does take some getting used to ! When I first got this purple tail, it had a Finis Competitor in it, but I couldn't reach down to get the ankle straps on. So, Mike changed the fluke to one of his monofins. But it turned out the whole tail was too tight for me overall. . . . so I'm happy that you are enjoying it, because the fins he put on the tail plus the colors are masterful.

xxoo Aloha! xxoo