Thread: Underwater Bubble Room

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Underwater Bubble Room

Saw this on reddit, skip to 1 minute. Guys take a trampoline underwater and make a big supply of air that they free dive to. He has the videos of how he made it as well on his account.

I remember a thread on this!! It's SO cool. I remember the idea of putting one in a lake somewhere so you could disappear underwater for a little bit and come back up like you could breathe underwater.

I've seen this video before, it is so cool!!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

wow that is so cool! XD
    And one of those guys has a very impressive mustache! haha!

I know right? ahahah that's an epic stache

WHOA THAT'S EPIC
    Mermaids have more fun

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Anybody else think that this would be the perfect place to "transform"?
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Guess I found a good use for my parents old trampoline

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I wonder how difficult it'd be to run an in/out hose into that, maybe from on shore. Cause that air would be used up pretty quickly by more than one person gasping for breath xD

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melaina View Post
    I wonder how difficult it'd be to run an in/out hose into that, maybe from on shore. Cause that air would be used up pretty quickly by more than one person gasping for breath xD
    I was about to say.. as hard as you're breathing diving that deep there can not be that long of breathable air down there X_x I would not be able to trust it. Seems like a really bad way to die.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Cool idea, but like Winged Mermaid said, I don't want to die that way XD

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    That is the coolest fucking thing I have ever seen. Like a lot of people here I've also imagined what it would be like to have a big underwater dome you could surface inside of.

I was about to say.. as hard as you're breathing diving that deep there can not be that long of breathable air down there X_x I would not be able to trust it. Seems like a really bad way to die.
    As for replenishing the air as it is consumed, it might simply be easier to have scuba tanks that slowly release air into the dome.

God, I love the crazy acoustics down there!! And the way the light plays on the plastic! I want one of those so badly!

Edit, I just noticed that the video says they refresh the air using scuba tanks.

I think air lasts a lot longer than people think People have survived being buried alive etc with very little air. Obviously, I'm not saying it's ideal or safe or anything.... but I think it's not as bad as we often think!

Also, bahaha I love that Mal swore! hahahahahaha

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Hi Malinghi, if you go to Weeki Wachee site, and peruse the older images, you will see a dome constructed before I swam there. It's constantly refreshed with compressed air, very safe. This Bubble is very dangerous in my book! Even tho they say they trickle air from a scuba tank, I wouldn't trust it. I nearly lost a dear friend at the Springs, at another underwater stage, that didn't have safety precautions, (she and her MerSister were ok after hospitalization), due to CO and CO2 build up. I think this is a bad idea. A real bubble needs CO2 and CO monitoring. These free divers also don't come across as having SCUBA experience, that bubble has compressed air, however tainted and breathing it and surfacing improperly will cause problems. Don't make one.
    Be safe at all costs.
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Yeah, I totally agree. I do believe that something like this can be done safely if the right precautions are in place. But its very easy to underestimate just how incredibly dangerous water can be, and without extensive precautions that thing could easily be a death trap.

That said, provided extensive analysis had been done to establish that the dome is structurally reliable and that the air inside is of sufficient quality, its a pretty cool idea. When it first appears on the video its hard to tell what size it is, and it kinda looks like one of those depictions in fantasy art of an underwater city inside a giant dome.
    Name:  bubble.png
Views: 252
Size:  58.7 KB

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Adrienne's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Adrienne on Facebook
    so, I wonder if a tail with the patterns of a poisonous octopus would work...