Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea! Mer Monthly Meet-Up maybe for Raleigh and surrounding areas.

Idea! Mer Monthly Meet-Up maybe for Raleigh and surrounding areas.

Would anybody be interested if a monthly mermaid group was started up for people around the Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest, Cary area? I'm not quite sure how it would work yet or have any details on anything I'm just throwing the idea out there for opinions and suggestions Somewhere we could meet up each month to practice swimming, encourage one another in mermaiding and just have fun. I was chatting with a girl from back home in England a little while ago who was just starting to get into mermaiding and wished she had a group in her town to go swimming with. Mermaiding is definitely not as common in the UK as it seems as it is here in the US. She was very shy about getting out in the public in her tail, wishing she could be among a group rather than on her own. That put the idea in my head. May be silly but it was a thought!

I understand everyone is busy with their own things or maybe cannot travel too far too often, a lot of us seem to be spread out all over the state, but I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this

I'd definitely be interested.

I am interested too. Sound awesome. If everyone is on Facebook, would it be easist to create a group there? Not sure if you can do that on here. 2 more days and I am leaving for the Outer Banks...cant wait.

I'm on Facebook and that would probably be the easiest to create a group. Not sure how to set one up but I'll look into it. Lucky you going to the Outer Banks, I love that place! I lived there with my family about three years ago.

Let me know if you need help, setting it up is easy I have many! LOL. I can always do it if you like, just let me know

Love the Outer Banks, we try and go every year. I hope the weather is nice next week.

Yes! a fb group would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shimmygoddess View Post
    Let me know if you need help, setting it up is easy I have many! LOL. I can always do it if you like, just let me know

Love the Outer Banks, we try and go every year. I hope the weather is nice next week.
    Thank you for the offer of help shimmygoddess! If you wouldn't mind helping me set that up I would appreciate it, you would probably do a much better job than me.
    Setting up a Facebook page is a great idea to get local mers involved. How many of you mermaids have tails?

I have a fabric tail, my first. I Just received an order of neoprene now, and will be making a tail with it. I am also following Kanti Kane's YouTube videos of how to make a silicone tail ... How about your tails?

I watched her videos too and plan to start a latex/silicone tail this summer. I made a lacy fabric one for myself, but just for a photoshoot. I have some sparkly teal fabric, but haven't' started that either. I am having a hard time getting the measurements right and have already made several patterns that end up not being right. LOL

I will try and do it tonight. Still packing and getting ready to leave for the beach tomorrow.....yeah!

I set something up quickly. I have it as a closed group now, so the whole world can't read everything. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/529749770404163/

Not sure if you can see it or not. I can invite you to the group via email too. Send me a email at amara@electricshimmy.com with your email and I will add you if you cannot get this link to work.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Nyx's Avatar
    Add Nyx on Facebook
    Follow Nyx on Tumblr Visit Nyx's Youtube Channel
    Oh that's an awesome idea!
    I live nearby too!

YAY this is taking off. Thanks for setting up a fb page, I've put in a "join" request under my fb name Snow Sorceress. Shimmy Goddess I am fairly good at sewing ... it may be I can help you. Have a great time at the beach .. I'd love to go.

Great...thanks!! I should be able to get online a couple times a day while away.

Great Thank you for setting up the link shimmygoddess, I'll try and see if I can get on now. Hope you have a fab time at the beach.

All of your tails sound awesome. You'll have to take some pictures once they are finished. My tail, which is the only one I have, I had made by FishButts about a year or so ago and I've only ever been swimming in it once. If anyone needs any help sometime with sewing too I'm pretty good with a sewing machine and stuff. Studying to become a Costume Designer

Just sent an invite request to the fb page

got you added. That is great! I love costuming. I have another local friend Shelley, that I added. She is a seamstress also. We all need to meet up soon!

I saw Shelly ... She looks awesome! Agreed ... I'd love to meet up. Lunch or other?

Thanks for the add.

We should definitely try to meet up sometime soon! What did you all have in mind?