Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea! Mer Monthly Meet-Up maybe for Raleigh and surrounding areas.

A good idea. Anywhere anybody would recommend? I'm still pretty new to the area so I'm not sure where might be good.

There are so many nice restaurants ... I'm trying to figure what is the most central area to all of us. Crabtree Valley Mall has some lovely places.

I'm not too far away from that Mall, it's a really nice one too. I have to pass there every week to go to my medieval reenactment group so I certainly know where it is. Somewhere central to everyone would be good so that means no-one is having to drive extra miles if it can be helped.

I'm going to try and phone around some more rec center pools too and see if there are any more that might allow tails. So far I've only found one.

Thanks for making the calls Sea Pearl, at least there is one place we can swim together. And WOW a medieval reenactment group ... that sounds awesome!

AWesome, I'm a few hours from Raleigh, but would love to join in too (I'm in Jacksonville NC) I'm waiting on a full silicone tail from the Mertailor, currently TAILLESS

Hello Krystal ... here is the link to the fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/529749770404163/ (Mermaids of NC) Shimmy Goddess set it up a few days ago. So exciting you are getting a Mertailor tail. You must put up pics when it arrives

The more the merrier We shall have to try and arrange a meet up soon. That's exciting you're getting a new tail!

Crabtree works for me. My kids are still tracked out next week, but after that I am mostly free. the Medieval group sounds cool. Is that like the SCA? We were just at the Festival of Legends in April and they had alot of cool stuff there.

After next week I'm pretty much free Yes, the medieval group is part of one of the local branches of the SCA. I only started going a month or so ago but it's a super cool and the people are very friendly. I love making medieval costumes and wearing them I hope they have some more festivals coming up soon.

I fly on the 25-26-27 and 31-1-2 of May. Do weekends work best for you mers? If so I have the weekend of June 7-8-9 off.

weekends are harder for me because of family obligations, but don't let that stop you if others can get together. Sea pearl, the Festival of Legends happens end of April, did you go? We used to have a nice Renn Faire in Raleigh, but the woman running it took everyones money and that was that. There is a huge one in Charlotte, Oct-Nov that is great. Also there is an event in Apex near my house they sometimes have in Sept, called Midnight at the Oasis. The best part though is the Elephant stomp party at night!

Weekends are a little harder for me, mainly for car issues. Everyone in my family have part time jobs and we only have one car which makes it really difficult sometimes to get anywhere because someone always needs the car of work or is dropping someone else off at work before driving to work themselves. Gets very confusing, lol. But I'm sure I could try and work something out one afternoon through the next week or the week after. shimmygoddess, unfortunately I didn't get the Festival of Legends in April. I didn't really get started into the group until the end of April and didn't know about it until after. When I was at the meeting a few days ago them mentioned the Midnight at the Oasis event and the Elephant stomp, which sounded really awesome. I'm definitely going to try and go to that

I would be happy to host a MeetUp event. I may be able to arrange a little pool time also at the Triangle Aquatic Center. I am current tailless waiting on a tail from the mertailor for myself and my daughter.

I dont have a tail either. Hoping to start one soon though

I spoke to the Triangle Aquatic Center this afternoon and we can come and swim in our tails. We are members of the pool so that helps. Let me know when and where you would like to meet. Also if you want to meet for lunch and talk photography let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Chandler View Post
    I spoke to the Triangle Aquatic Center this afternoon and we can come and swim in our tails. We are members of the pool so that helps. Let me know when and where you would like to meet. Also if you want to meet for lunch and talk photography let me know.
    TAC is pretty nice about using tails. They can get crowded at a moments notice though. Could rent a lane or two.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Nyx's Avatar
    Add Nyx on Facebook
    Follow Nyx on Tumblr Visit Nyx's Youtube Channel
    Oh that is awesome! I've been looking for a place that would allow tails. ^ _ ^

Ladies we have a great little private community pool that has a beach like shallow end that is graduated and flows into the deeper water. If you wanted to get together during the week and have lunch and splash around in your tails and get a few photographs let me know. The pool is located of High House Rd in Cary. Very easy to get to.

Christopher

Looking forward to mer lunch meet up today. See you all there

I requested permission for the group! I am so excited that I will be moving to Raleigh and i will be near mer-people! My facebook name is Le Jämiäh Räheem Prïdgeñ and I am so excited to be able to swim with you guys! I am currently working on a neoprene tail for myself and I just finished a spandex tail for my little sister! She will probably join us if i take her to the meetups!

Merman Typhoon!