6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mermaid Dottie

4 66.67%
  • Gem Stone

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unoffical challenge!

Unoffical challenge!

OK, I just had the best idea and I'm going with it. I apologize in advance if I'm stepping on fins, because I haven't really asked permission or anything. But here's the challenge, mer-food. I've seen some pretty cool mermaid themed and related food, but I challenge you guys to come up with the best mermaid dinner of all time! It must consist of at least a main course and one side, but you can make it a three course meal if you want. Polls will open June 10th so make sure all entries are in before then! Now lets put on our aprons and get cooking!
    Last edited by Gem Stone; 05-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Ooo I loooooove this challenge!!! It's like iron chef mermaid edition!!! Can we have daily food challenges???

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I like this idea. nomnomnomnom tasty...
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidandrea View Post
    Ooo I loooooove this challenge!!! It's like iron chef mermaid edition!!! Can we have daily food challenges???
    what would you have in mind?

You know, like a secret ingredient that has to be the focus of the entire dish :0 say egg or a certain type of bread has to be incorporated... Or grains.. Or a type of veggie or meat.

hmm, interesting, but I don't want to select something that someone else might not be able to eat. some people can't have bread, or eggs, or milk, or chocolate, some won't eat meat, or fish, and stuff like that. so I for now I was going to leave it open to whatever as long as it was mer themed or based.

Hm... Yeah that's true. I can't touch pork or dairy.

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Name:  2013-05-16 17.31.52.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  112.8 KB
    Blue Ocean, anyone?
    Blue food coloring in lemonade. if desired, frost top of glass with sugar. If you're of the drinking nature, add a little of your favorite alcohol. (Not my taste, though. For a mermaid I'm rather "dry")
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Ooo that looks amazing!

Yum! I've made really awesome mermaid/ocean themed cakes in the past. I'll see if I can whip up a new one!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

I made a bento box lunch For my boyfriend that was aquarium themed :0 i dunno if I still have the photo ..

16 days left!

my entry ^

Sand dollar apples? THAT'S AWESOME!
    Mermaid Dottie

and pears, and its sitting on a bed of mangoes. with some nuts thrown in because I didn't have a lot of fruit. but thank you

one week left!

Hmm... I was trying to come up with an idea for ravioli or pierogis that were folded to look like mermaid purses, but I didn't get time to experiment. I'm also not big on alcohol, though, so the Blue Ocean looks tasty. The fruit salad is especially clever, though... love the designs.

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    That was a short challenge. I only discovered this today. :-/