Thread: Post your fav swimming spot!

Exclamation Post your fav swimming spot!

I've been trying to think of some places where we could all meet up and I was curious what places do you guys tend to go to when the lake gets warmer.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    I always swim in Duck Lake and Lake Michigan. DNR website The Glen Lakes, up in Glen Arbor near Sleeping Bear, are also very beautiful. Glen Arbor Chamber of Commerce website
    Tenacity.

I'm in Indiana, so I'm partial to Salamonie or Mississinewa reservoirs, myself. They're close and I spent a lot of time on Salamonie, while growing up.

I went to a pretty beach in Lake Bluff, but it was expensive, so going there often was not an option. Another time, I went to the little beach just near Navy Pier with family and friends. It was pretty clean and well kept-up, and we just had to pay for parking (which is a lot in the city, but when divided up wasn't too terrible). I was also looking up some of the beaches along the lake front and saw that one of the Chicago beaches has a mermaid statue in its park. I thought that was pretty cute!

What ever the case may be, we should definitely find time to meet up this summer! Hopefully the weather starts warming up again. I haven't stuck my head outside today to check it out, but I'm glad the sun is shining!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    Another time, I went to the little beach just near Navy Pier with family and friends. It was pretty clean and well kept-up, and we just had to pay for parking (which is a lot in the city, but when divided up wasn't too terrible). I was also looking up some of the beaches along the lake front and saw that one of the Chicago beaches has a mermaid statue in its park. I thought that was pretty cute!

What ever the case may be, we should definitely find time to meet up this summer! Hopefully the weather starts warming up again. I haven't stuck my head outside today to check it out, but I'm glad the sun is shining!
    I would love to know where the mermaid statue is! I didn't know we had one in Chicago! We should definitely do a meet up especially when the tall ships come in to Navy Pier. I've heard some whispers about pirates this year in August.

I'm going to be on a ship for Tall Ships when they sail into Bay city Mi There is also the Coast Guard Fest/ Pirate Fest in Grand haven, MI in august that I will be working in the Mermaid Lagoon

Yay! The tall ships are so fun! I got to help raise a sail and my sister got to shoot a cannon. Mer_Adella, that is so awesome! I don't think they'd have much room for a lagoon in Chicago, since the ships dock right off of Navy Pier. : /

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    Yay! The tall ships are so fun! I got to help raise a sail and my sister got to shoot a cannon. Mer_Adella, that is so awesome! I don't think they'd have much room for a lagoon in Chicago, since the ships dock right off of Navy Pier. : /
    We could over by Buckingham Fountain. That dock has tons of room!

Ohio St. Beach is a good place in Chicago. The water is very clean considering there's a filtration plant next to it. Also, the mermaid statue is apparently off of the lake at 41st St. I thought it was further up north, but It looks like the park district moved it a few years back. It's probably become a Sox fan at this point.

If you guys do go to the Tall Ships in Chicago, let me know!! I'll be back in town that weekend and would LOVE to join in!
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    If you guys do go to the Tall Ships in Chicago, let me know!! I'll be back in town that weekend and would LOVE to join in!
    I'm most likely going I'll will message you to work out details if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Marissa View Post
    I'm most likely going I'll will message you to work out details if you want
    It'd be great if you could let me know when you're doing things--right now it looks like I actually might be busy during the day of Saturday and possibly sunday ( ) because my mom signed me up to play in a hockey tournament, but I don't know when the games are exactly yet so it's still possible I could make either of those days as well as friday.
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    It'd be great if you could let me know when you're doing things--right now it looks like I actually might be busy during the day of Saturday and possibly sunday ( ) because my mom signed me up to play in a hockey tournament, but I don't know when the games are exactly yet so it's still possible I could make either of those days as well as friday.
    I'm not 100% sure what I'll be doing and when. A friend and I will be in tails probably handing out shells and stuff to kids. You are more than welcome to join us message me on here so you can text me to meet up with us

I was at duck lake like 3 weeks ago great place

Quote Originally Posted by VisionaryBri View Post
    I'm in Indiana, so I'm partial to Salamonie or Mississinewa reservoirs, myself. They're close and I spent a lot of time on Salamonie, while growing up.
    Nver been there Ivee been thinking egale creek, I'lll have to look that up.

Has any one ever swam in lake sweet water or cordy