Thread: What Would You Do with $590m Powerball Lotto Win?

What Would You Do with $590m Powerball Lotto Win?

I personally cant believe the lotto jackpot reached half a billion dollars. That is way too much money for any single person.

What are your thoughts on a jackpot this large, and what would you spend your lotto winnings on? Wish I had a big stash of money from a huge lotto win.
    Last edited by ScrummyAdam; 07-05-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    braces, a reliable car, pay down debt, a house, a wedding, and I'd open an aquarium! lol

What about the rest of the $598m lol. Half a billion dollars is just simply insane!

After paying off that which is owed, it'd be making sure that my son was set up and then investing in a series of elaborate costumes and mermaid tails for my significant other that would never see the light of day in the presence of anyone else.
    New Blog - The Strange World of Nate Walis: http://natewalis.wordpress.com/

After all my debts were cleared, I'd give most of it to scientific research and charities. I'd invest a good portion, and pretty much do whatever the hell I wanted forevermore.
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Paying off debt, putting at least half in savings, buying a house for my mom and making sure she's set, buying myself at least two silicone tails, all the BJDs I want... and then a wedding. Probably traveling the world too!

Pretty darn much everything! xD

The scope of that is just wild. You could use just 2 million of that after taxes, never work again, and just live roughly the way you are now on the interest, without most money worries, AND have a closet full of performance tails from Raven.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I would donate half to various charities. I would send my mom to Ireland to spread Andy's ashes. I would buy a house, set up a college fund for my kid(s), invest a fair portion(in different places. eggs in baskets, you know) and buy a house for my parents. And my house would have a saline or filtered freshwater pool. Then I would go back to school and take acting classes, and costuming classes.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Id pay off all my family and close friends debt without them knowing, purchase a house, give a good chunk to world help ( an organization I've traveled with to Uganda and make sure the kids are set up for life) then probably savings. Or lile Raina said open an aquarium

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

Buy a third-world country and become its benevolent, grandfatherly king; after of course turning all the hard, governing stuff over to a freely elected prime minister.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar
    Pay off debts, a wedding, a honeymoon, a house, a mermaid tail (or two), and help my boyfriend open the haunted house he's been dreaming of. Like Dottie said, I'd also get a natural pool. I'd probably hire an investor to help me invest some of my money wisely. I wouldn't quit working though. I'd still want to keep my job at this point.

I really, really hope this money goes to someone who will do great things with it....

I'm not sure how other states do it, but the whole jackpot doesn't usually go to the winner(s)--only a sizeable portion is given away. Here, in Missouri, some of the lotto goes to A+, a tuition program for college kids that they earn by doing different things while in high school. I don't know much else though ^w^U

First off I'd get my tail and all the mermaid and modelling stuff I want, get art supplies, buy a house, get married, open up an animal rehabilitation center, buy a horse, and whatever else is left I'd save lol. I won't quit working, it would still be my dream to be a model and mermaid entertainer, winning the lottery isn't going to stop me from working my dream. I'd probably give some of it to my family because a lot of them are having financial issues.

<a href="http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/merbella-tail-fundraiser/x/2689131">Donation Pool</a> - Etsy - DeviantArt - Facebook - Twitter

I don't think I'd work a 9-5 job. I would, however, travel the globe and fight the many battles in this world that the forces of good are currently losing due to lack of funds. Being a financial superhero sounds great

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    First, pay off everything I owe. Next, set aside funds for my kids' education. Then, buy an island for merfolk to visit: Hans Lollik Islands

(Formerly known as Æolius)

I would make my first silicone tail :3 thats all I really want at the moment! haha!
    Other than that, I would probably look at investing in some properties or land. I'd give a big chunk of money to my parents and my big sister too.

I think when you get such an amount of money, it's better to invest it in order to profit. Personally, I've been into forex trading for a while, and I can tell you that it helped me increase my earnings a lot. Thanks to this page https://topbrokers.com/uk-forex-brokers, it didn't take me long to find a reliable broker, and how it's a good source of income for me.