Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for making a lexan fin

If you look online sometimes you can find colored Lexan way cheap if you aren't worried about translucentcy.

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Mermaid View Post
    I'm planning on making the actual footpockets out of swim shoes, then cover them with something (under armour) to blend the feet into the fin, like the Sirena monofin. I also like the floppiness of it, do you get that with lexan or is it too stiff? I'm also worried about kicking someone or something with a stiff fin.
    I've got my monofin partially completed, and it is somewhat flowy in the water. So much so, that I took the center portion that I cut off, turned it around, and bolted it to the base where the feet are for extra stiffness

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    LOL! Good to know it's flowy. I was considering making a "support structure" for the foot area as well. Nice to know how yours turned out, thanks Aziara! Of course, I'd love to see it in action :P

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    Whew... I kinda left this for a while, finally started working on it again. I've got it mostly finished now. I'm wondering, has anyone ever tried using lumiere paints on rubber or lexan? It would be nice if parts of the fluke could match my tail.
    Last edited by Aziara; 09-14-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow