Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FishAsses Again >:(

Angry FishAsses Again >:(

So I don't know if you remember me, But I was told I was going to receive a refund April 28 or April 29 the latest. I never received a refund and I kept bugging her, and I got no reply. Yesterday May 23 she emailed me saying "Due to a descision I made on whats best and considering that I am catching up. I am no longer offering anymore refunds. You will be reciving a tail. Within the next few weeks." I fucking hate this bitch. I already saved up for a new tail, and got one from MermaidRUS. I WANT my refund.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'm sorry, I know quite a few of us were surprised at that decision.

Why is she doing this to me? You know her right?

She sounds really awful. I would never order a tail from someone like that. I'll make sure to tell all of my friends not to buy from her. Well I'll tell my ONE friend who wants to be a mermaid lol. I hope you get your refund. No one deserves this horrid customer service. I was looking at some of the fishbutts reviews on youtube, and some girl had hair in her tail!!!!! Hair! And animal hair. !! That's really gross.

Why is she doing this to me? You know her right?
    I don't know her personally, just through FB and she seems like a lovely person who has gone through some shit. People assume I defend all her business choices (when I haven't anywhere), because I disapproved of non-customers harassing her as if they were disgruntled customers. But I don't defend her choices, I am left confused and concerned just like everyone else. I just don't like shoddy manipulation etc. Two separate things. I don't think she's doing this to just you, I think it's many customers right now. Maybe she feels like she's finally caught up and can get tails out? I don't know. My friend Oceana will have been waiting a year since she paid next month I believe!

Shit happens in life, and I think Iona made some good points when she recently highlighted how fishbutts has handled all this crap compared to other tail makers. But at the end of the day I do disagree with this choice and worry about what it'll do for her company reputation etc. Not sure if there's any coming back from this. I hope she's able to meet customer expectations both for her own sake and the sake of her customers.

She sounds really awful. I would never order a tail from someone like that. I'll make sure to tell all of my friends not to buy from her. Well I'll tell my ONE friend who wants to be a mermaid lol. I hope you get your refund. No one deserves this horrid customer service. I was looking at some of the fishbutts reviews on youtube, and some girl had hair in her tail!!!!! Hair! And animal hair. !! That's really gross.
    It's kinda a little off when people join and their very first post is something like this. Not accusing you of anything, just suggesting you maybe go introduce yourself in the introduction thread. The mods have deleted a few accounts of people who recently joined and made 1 post bashing a tail maker or mermaid having found that their IPs matched banned members, or they were obviously trying to portray someone they weren't (like the person who made a fake account to pretend to be mermaid Kylee). We're a great community, so much more than venting about a tail maker, so hopefully you'll find some other interesting threads too and tell us a bit about yourself.

In regards to hair in tails, happens all the time with silicone and latex tails. Pretty impossible to avoid if you have an animal in your home because the curing material and the cured material is so sticky. I don't own pets and I still have dog hair stuck on one of my tails from an indoor party I did months ago with a dog just saying.

I didn't join just to troll on Fishbutts :P. I don't think I'll make a introduction until I actually get a tail though. I normally don't comment because I don't have any experiences in mermaiding... But this Fishbutts thing really irritates me.

lots of people on here don't have tails yet

She doesn't seem so lovely to me... I keep hearing all this "Well this happened" "Someone died in her family" "Well.." And that's all well and good for the first few weeks. Then it starts sounding like excuses, then I stop caring completely Plus it doesn't help I am not the most patience person, or the nicest person. If only I knew where she lived then I could go there and get answers right away! Instead of her cowardliness of not responding for weeks/months. I really want my refund, I think I deserve a refund. I hate all of this! I just graduated from high school, I'm suppose to be happy, but I can't stop thinking of all the shit shes put me through.

I think you should report her to the better business bureau (I think that's what it's called), I believe it makes her business score or grade go down or something (I honestly have no idea what reporting a business actually does but I know that by now, usually any other business would have been reported many times over! I think our community is just really reluctant to report related businesses for some reason until it goes too far)

Yeah it's really the only thing you can do. Sorry

I believe my mother and I have reported her or something... and they sent her something. Saying she needs to give us our refund or something. I'm not sure what we did my mother is the one trying to handle this. My mom thinks this is way just for Stevi just to put us off for a couple more months and not deal with us, and she does not want that to happen doesn't want that to happen. My mom is going to contact BBB tomorrow about it. I wonder who else has asked for a refund and has yet to get one... It doesn't seem like many though. I feel they would comment here as well, to voice their frustrations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by draggersprez View Post
    I think you should report her to the better business bureau (I think that's what it's called), I believe it makes her business score or grade go down or something (I honestly have no idea what reporting a business actually does but I know that by now, usually any other business would have been reported many times over! I think our community is just really reluctant to report related businesses for some reason until it goes too far)
    Reporting to the BBB only work if the company is a member of the BBB.

A few people commented on the FB page

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Fifi Tigg's Avatar
    Add Fifi Tigg on Facebook
    Follow Fifi Tigg on Flickr Visit Fifi Tigg's Youtube Channel
    Yes I am also waiting for a refund and I'm sure there are many other mers without tails still waiting! Very sad
    http://make animated gifs like this at MakeaGif

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    A few people commented on the FB page
    Did they delete them? Because I don't see any. Maybe it's just that I'm on mobile?

Man she probably deleted them... Wish I had read them.

I've posted before about different things you can do legally several times before. Reporting to BBB, try to get a refund via paypal your bank or your credit card company, making a report with police, sending a demand letter letting her know you will take her to claims court if she does not respond to that letter, ect. Unfortunately I have no other solutions for you I don't think you need to be part of the BBB to be reported, becuase I seem to remember Mermagica had an F rating with them.

I thought her posting meant that the would no longer offer any FURTHER refunds, not that she would deny refunds she already promised! I saw several people politely mention their refunds that were previously promised or asked for months ago on FB post and the comments were removed. That's so so bad. That's really shooting herself in the foot. There are people who are close to a year in wait time for their tails It was especially discouraging, especially for waiting customers, to see that she took the time to make a new fluke mold for new orders when these people still do not have their tails.

I know she went through a lot last year, but I've seen more than a few people say this is very "Adam Martyn" behavior D: With several people who have no tail and no refund with months and months gone by, I can't help but agree. At this point I'm fighting with the idea of putting up an advisory notice on the company. I mean no product and no refund is by definition scamming or stealing. It just depends on how many people have no tail and no refund and how long they've waited, and if this gets resolved soon.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I agree with Iona. I frowned very sadly when I saw that fluke. I remember last year when I was waiting for my tail, she had crafted her first entire silicone tail from scratch faster then it took to make my tail. I didn't want to think she put herself before her customers. Because she is a nice person overall. But... Still, the thought haunted me. When I saw the new fluke I just felt terrible for the current customers. I truly hope justice comes in some form for you all.

Yeah fish butts wanted to be the cheapest and highest quality for the money, but in the end you always get what u...

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is. I have a small business, and when the sh@t hits the fan, i gotta be able to jump in and make it seem seamless, but i consider myself a professional. I got all kinds of financial weight and family problems, but i would never let my clientele know or they would just run for the hills and i would lose my house etc.

It looks like Fishbutts might lose their Toyota scion and studio apt over this.

9 out of 10 businesses fail, sell yourself so short, shorter than minimum wage, then watch yourself not wanna wake up for work each day.
    Last edited by blenny; 05-25-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blenny View Post
    It looks like Fishbutts might lose their Toyota scion and studio apt over this.
    Hope it doesn't get so far as to losing personal affects. Though something I didn't know till recently.. if you're an LLC (Limited Liability Company) if something happens like that your personal affects are can't be touched. Always good to know.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr