Name:  tumblr_n7a9t4Kkuf1qeyvyjo1_500.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  131.0 KB

This is the most recent photo I have of my current hair color. It's slightly more washed out now and the hair on the sides is a little longer but it pretty much looks the same. It's also a mohawk so it goes all the way down the back, too. I use Splat hair color and have found that it lasts way longer than Manic Panic and would recommend it to people that color their hair. There's only a couple of colors available in stores but they've got a pretty decent variety available for order on their website. The boxes you get at the store also include a bleach kit so you don't have to spend money on bleach separately.

Now that I've got my monofin I expect it'll be washing out relatively quickly. I bought myself a swim cap to try and keep the water out of it but it doesn't keep my head totally dry. It only seems to dampen everything at most though so it'll extend the life of the color a little.

Once it does start to really wash and grow out I plan on shaving it all off again anyway. My hair is super, incredibly thick and in the summer it often threatens to give me heat stroke so by mid July it'll probably be back to a buzzcut to help save myself from the heat. I'll miss the color and I've been growing the middle out for maybe five or six months so it's sort of sad for me to see it go but at the same time I absolutely love giving myself buzzcuts and they make me feel super badass so it's not a total loss. My hair also grows super fast so by the time the weather gets cooler I'll be able to comfortable rock a pixie cut without too much hassle or waiting.

I'm also interested to see what kind of reactions a buzzed mermaid will get from people once I eventually do get myself a tail. I know mers are typically depicted with long flowing hair so I expect any with mohawks or buzzcuts will be fairly jarring to some people. I tend to get a lot of positive attention from people for my hairstyle though so I don't think too many people will be upset over it.

I really love some of the long hair in this thread, but I personally can't stand wearing anything longer than a pixie cut without wanting to tear it all out. Kudos to you lovely ladies for being able to handle the length and the upkeep.