Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your mermaid hair pics!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    Sorry if this is huge, just took the photo.
    I have naturally curly hair that is growing out from a buzz cut I got two years ago, when my grandmother was first diagnosed with cancer. (She's in remission, now)

So I just got my first trim, which took off a lot of hair because it had to even everything out.

But, here is my hair.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1436896392236.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  64.3 KB

Edit: somehow, the picture went sideways. Sorry!

Aaaaand, one more.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Elodea the Mermaid's Avatar
    Everybody has such beautiful hair! I have a short mop, but it's me, heehee!
    Name:  Mermaid Elodea.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  111.1 KB

Elodea Nymphaea Waterweed
    of The Sacramento Mermaids

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirenia View Post
    It just feels like it's taking a long time to grow since I'm impatient lol
    Mine felt like it took FOREVER to get to my waist, then it seemed like a month later it was at my hips, then I kind of forgot about it until I started sitting on it all the time. If you can distract yourself from checking the length, it'll feel like less time. I devoted the obsessive length-checking energy to learning all kinds of crazy braids.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania OceanRose's Avatar

You look amaaazing!!!

Everyone here has awesome hair.

I would do more of a loose perm. But it's just a though. As well as the bleach. I don't know if we want or will do either.
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437004620.206254.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  8.9 KB

I plan on keeping it simple. I have natural red hair I brighten with henna. It's naturally wavy and goes down to a couple inches below my bra strap. I have it cut about 2 inches and thinned every 6 weeks or so. Unfortunately the amazing colors you guys have (like that beautiful blue up there!!) don't last on my hair unless I use koolaid. I'm going to rely on braids and plants and such details for that mer look.

You have really pretty hair, Strega. Beware the Ariel jokes. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina the Selkie View Post
    You have really pretty hair, Strega. Beware the Ariel jokes. Lol.
    <3 thank you ^_^

Bring on the Ariel jokes haha

Yush!

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Name:  553247_10151580639777812_475930432_n.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  44.5 KB

Name:  484027_10151580640357812_1367214715_n.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  534101_10151605943432812_1099315071_n.jpg
Views: 2002
Size:  85.8 KB

My mermaid hair before I cut most of it off. After I have my baby, I'll be bleaching my short bob and going dark turquoise/aqua green.

Low tide and high tea, the oysters are waiting for me
    If I'm not there on time I'll send my emissary~

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Omg, I love your color!

Omg all those pretty haido's ! Here is my mermaid hair. Wishing I had more and thicker hair

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  193.5 KB

I've pretty much got the same hair as Ariel Starfish Thin, straight, but beautifully red from Henna ^^ My hair is so much stronger and healthier now that I've been using Henna other then chemical hair dye. But my hair still is very fragile. If I use conditioner, it's very soft and shiny, but it's also pretty useless because then I can't do ánything with it. So I usually don't use any conditioner. I give my hair a coconut oil mask every now and then.

Name:  just me.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  190.9 KB
    My hair 2 months back, before I cut it.

Name:  11780367_972295062830664_524759760_n.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  19.3 KB
    This is when I cut my own hair a while back. Left is before, right is after.

Name:  11822602_980261932033977_9158105284520968687_n.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  42.4 KB
    One of the most recent pictures, trying on my make-up for a Celtic festival. This is what my hair looks like when I try to get some curls into it..and fail miserably :P
    Last edited by Mermaid Abigail; 09-11-2015 at 05:27 AM. Reason: added clearer picture.
    ...<3 <3...
    *~~ I´d love for you to follow me on Facebook ,
    Youtube or Instagram! ~~*

I decided to just make a singular image of multiple little images. I felt it'd be easier. x.x These are mostly collected from my personal and mermaid tumblr. They're timelined (new -> old). In April I was challenged by a friend of mine to grow my hair longer (details). The first picture was taken today to update that challenge. I try to take advantage of the length I've achieved with my hair. I throw it into various, not-at-all consistent styles. I like braids quite a bit so my "casual" styles tend to include them. Crimps and curls are more common (because they take far less time than straightening my hair). The streaks are consistent with my tail's color.

YUP! That's my hair.
    -dives back under rock-
    I can still find dawn,
    Upon the days horizon,
    And I can find the stars,
    So my night is ever brightened.
    T U M B L R I N S T A G R A M F A C E B O O K

For those of you that like to have the fun mermaid colors, I just discovered this line. I just ordered a sample bottle of the extreme red to see if it will help hold my red in a bit longer, and maybe keep it bright. I will let you all know how it works on me!

http://overtone.co/products/daily-co...ner-sample-set
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

My hair is very pink!
    Name:  IMG_7481.JPG
Views: 345
Size:  44.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_7217.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  49.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_7562.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  59.5 KB
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    OK so I've got a couple of different hair things going on right now I wanted to update on:

Right now I've got a bob. it has grown out multiple times, but on the advice of my master stylist I have been getting 2 inches cut off it everytime I go in. Because my hair was just so dead, you can't fix totally dead hair! I have noticed a huge improvement in it since we started this routine, even though it's really sad to cut it off.

I still keep my hair short in the pool so far. I just tried to pretty it up with my head dress. It's sad to have gone from the long, but it was breaking off in giant patches everytime I swam. Even falling out at gigs.

To help me cope with cutting off my hair, she made me a hair extension halo. It's all one piece, and sits on your head and comes out underneath your real hair. You can add accent pieces if you like (which I do for a fuller look) It's REAL human hair, just dyed to match my own. I think you could use it underwater but because I added extra colours in mine- I don't. As repeated water use will drain the colour. it also took quite a bit to get it to match my natural hair, so this halo was more a learning experience and it's a bit fried lol

So moving on, the halo is great for photoshoots and dry gigs but I wanted something I could wear in the water so I started researching lace front wigs and they seemed the best option. I picked up a cheap one on the advice of a friend and after watching a bunch of online videos about people using lacefront wigs for underwater filming. The general consensus is that it's good to own multiple ones, and they take a lot of work to maintain, and it takes a lot of practice to get the wig on just right. I figured since my wig was cheap it would be great to try out.

The wig got here... I was not expecting it to look... so gosh darn real and beautiful. This is me wearing it without even having glued it on yet

I have yet to try it in water. I love this damn wig so much I just want to wear it forever. I have been reading lots of tutorials out of how to make synthetic lacefront wigs last a long time and wear them everyday. THIS IS MY DREAM HAIR. What I've always wanted. SO I BOUGHT A SECOND ONE. Haha. The second one is on it's way. I will test one in the water and if I like it, use it for water gigs OR at the very least, photoshoots and videoshoots. And keep one for everyday use and dry gigs.

*haven't tested it underwater yet, will soon, will keep you posted**

My master stylist just made me a second, stronger, longer halo just in time for my trip to Florida. She sent me a WIP pic of it, here's how it's going to look:

Name:  12182117_10156382426680413_977166702_n.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  73.7 KB

I decided to go with blue and purple as a homage to the blue and purple hair I had as a teenager.

So now, I have multiple options to hold me over while we keep cutting my real hair and growing it back healthier.

if you haven't seen it yet I did a whole interview with my master stylist about my damaged hair, mermaid hair in general, halos, and her talking a lot of science about hair!

If you're curious how halos work, it shows you there. My halos are custom made by my stylist.