Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Share your mermaid hair pics!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    Looks great!

You look awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add UtahMermaidPearl on Facebook
    Calizaire, where did you get yours from?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl01 View Post
    Calizaire, where did you get yours from?
    I got it at http://www.wigisfashion.com/
    I was super jazzed about Iona's thread on wigs and hairpieces because I'd been wanting a wig but hadn't gotten around to taking the plunge. I looked at several sites but I liked the ones on this site best, many styles I think would appeal to mermaids. I used it two weekends ago for the first time and it was kind of lame because the glue I wanted wasn't in stock at the beauty supply store so I used wig tape instead and it wasn't great. Now I have my wig glue, remover, and scalp protectant on it's way via Amazon so I'm eager to give it another shot.
    The wig is super comfortable, I'd totally recommend it. I picked one my own haircolor and liked this style because it's what my own hair does at the beach; the blown away ringlets.

Does it work in the water well?

The only time I've used it was at a dry event so I don't know yet. Once my new glue arrives I plan on taking it for a pool swim.

Yay, I'm glad you found my thread helpful/encouraging! ^_^ The wig looks great on you! I also bought some wig tape from Sally's and it fizzled. I have had people swear by wig tape though, so I guess not all tape is created equal. I'mma try some tape and glue from amazon (some ones with good reviews) and see which I like best! Good luck with the glue, hope it works well!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Guys, how do wigs and extensions do underwater?

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Yay, I'm glad you found my thread helpful/encouraging! ^_^ The wig looks great on you! I also bought some wig tape from Sally's and it fizzled. I have had people swear by wig tape though, so I guess not all tape is created equal. I'mma try some tape and glue from amazon (some ones with good reviews) and see which I like best! Good luck with the glue, hope it works well!
    Thank you! And for doing all that research!
    The tape held well, (I got it at Sally's as well) I just was not to adept at using it and some stuck out and looked janky. I had wanted to buy the glue there but they only had black and I wanted the clear drying kind so it was a last minute decision.
    I got these three products together, they all had good reviews and I watched a few tutorials on YouTube that recommended them
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00

Once I try them out I'll give a review on your thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl01 View Post
    Guys, how do wigs and extensions do underwater?
    I have clip in human hair extensions I've worn underwater and they were fine. Prepped them the same as I do my own hair before getting in a pool and then rinsed them out/conditioned them after use. They were hella tangled in my own hair though, takes a buncha conditioner in the shower to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calizaire View Post
    Thank you! And for doing all that research!
    The tape held well, (I got it at Sally's as well) I just was not to adept at using it and some stuck out and looked janky. I had wanted to buy the glue there but they only had black and I wanted the clear drying kind so it was a last minute decision.
    I got these three products together, they all had good reviews and I watched a few tutorials on YouTube that recommended them

Once I try them out I'll give a review on your thread!
    Just happy to help! It's why I do what I do ^_^ Yeah I think my wig tape was just too thin, my husband picked it up for me (I was in a rush to get to a con) and it was super thin/tiny and I didn't do well with it. I gave up after one piece cause I couldn't get the backing off the other pieces! :P The piece I did get off wouldn't stick well. I think it was maybe meant for a different purpose, like applying small wefts of hair extensions instead of a full wig.

Please yes, do a review! I'm sure myself and others would find that very helpful

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I don't perform with this hair style, but I LOVE the new look! I got it cut and colored. I would have rather not cut it but my last cut had a lot of weird layers and I'm trying to grow them out. The purple will eventually fade to lilac, which was the color I was going for.

Name:  IMG_20160320_021636.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  379.8 KB
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Cute

Share your mermaid hair pics!

I am one of the few mers out there with a pixie cut (any other pixie mers? Id live to see photos!)
    When I started mermaiding, I had hair down past my chest. I cut my hair off about 5 years ago and never looked back (decision was unrelated to mermaiding at the time. I just wanted something different)

I LOVE short hair as a mermaid. It's so easy and hassle free. Dries fast with minimal styling needed

I am currently a brunette. Neither color in the photos are my natural color. I ADORED my dusty blonde color, but chlorine would destroy it and make it go yellow (and at $150/mo to maintain, that was a little crazy). So I'm now a brunette. The chlorine still messes with the color (it tends to have red undertones) but I spend $10 and touch it up myself whenever I need to.

Sent from my iPhone
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  205.4 KB

This is the longest my hair has been for a LONG time. And the healthiest. I have been growing it out for about a year now from this:
    Name:  IMG_7439.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  395.0 KB

Really sorry they are so freaking big. Lol.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I had a pixie cut when I was a teen. I felt cool and awesome until I got off the bus and the school buses that went by, every kid was, "Boy! Hey Boy!"

My hairstyle nowadays is a very short bob, even in Winter. I call it my Wash N Wear hair. Because I can't be stuffed messing about trying to tie it up or wear hair clips/bands.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Mermaid Chloe-- love the blonde! It looks fantastic on you

Mermaid Jaffa-- amen! I'm not diligent enough to style my hair every day.

Sent from my iPhone
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

I buzzed my head my freshman year of high school, I kinda miss having hair that short.

Here's my current hair color. All done up fancy to go out for my 36th birthday
    Now, I'm debating doing a bright color, blue and purple.

This is my favorite color I have had my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk