Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your mermaid hair pics!

@lil Orca Your hair is the BOMB!!! I love it
    @mermaid Avalon love your hair too and Love those hair forks and sticks.
    @Stefani A mi me encanta tu color. Se te quiebra mucho?

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod triteia's Avatar

Follow triteia on Tumblr
    Thank you! I'm getting my hair done a new color today. Its fun to dye your hair, Chalking your hair is really easy too. :3

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Amethyst, your hair looks so soft and shiny! ^-^ I'm kind of jealous, yours is kind of what I wish mine looked like right now! I stopped using a blow-dryer as well for a few reasons... crispy hair, colour fading, and my arms are short and my hair got long... and I can't hold the dryer far enough away anymore LOL :P

*grumbles about trying to find henna in a backwoods area*

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania mermaidwhisperer's Avatar
    Follow mermaidwhisperer On Twitter Add mermaidwhisperer on Facebook Add mermaidwhisperer on Google+
    Follow mermaidwhisperer on Tumblr
    Wow everyone has such great hair! Has anyone tried cutting it to the lunar cycle? I've just started

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Mermaid View Post
    Amethyst, your hair looks so soft and shiny! ^-^ I'm kind of jealous, yours is kind of what I wish mine looked like right now! I stopped using a blow-dryer as well for a few reasons... crispy hair, colour fading, and my arms are short and my hair got long... and I can't hold the dryer far enough away anymore LOL :P

*grumbles about trying to find henna in a backwoods area*
    www.hennasooq.com

i used 200g of red raj mixed with grapefruit juice, 2tsp each of black walnut powder, cinnamon, ginger powder and Clove powder from eBay. You can freeze what you don't use which will last you months, so it's well worth the money.
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mary Marine's Avatar
    I've had waist length hair since I can remember, but 2 or 3 years ago I cut off ten inches to donate. Then last october I donated another 8 inches.

Name:  Photo on 2012-10-22 at 17.51.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  74.0 KB

I miss my long hair though so I've been growing it out again. Here it is now:

Name:  Photo on 2013-07-23 at 11.22 #4.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  81.7 KB

My hair care routine is kinda weird. I used to shampoo and condition everytime I showered, but now I only wash it a couple times I week. I use an organic shampoo and need to get an organic condition, too. In between washing I use baking soda and or apple cider vinigar to remove build up and restore the PH balance. I only brush my hair once it's dry and I start from the bottom, working my way up. I don't blow dry or striaghten it.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Whisper: I've cut it to the cycles of the Farmer's Almanac (I don't know if that's just a U.S. thing), I'm guessing it's based on moon cycles. I search-and-destroy on damaged ends every day - I have a LOT of them, but I'm not willing to sacrifice inches of my hair just yet to get rid of all the ends...But when I do actually get it trimmed/cut, I do it by the cycles. It does seem to help, my hair grew a significant amount doing that and before I started any other routine.

Kakarotte: Ooh, thanks for the recipe! Maybe I'll get to try it sometime soon! I just usually don't shop online, as I usually only have cash -.-;

Mary Marine:Your hair is sooo pretty :3 And looks kind of like mine does now, except your hair is so awesomely full! I have noodle-limp hair LOL. And your routine sounds similar to mine! ACV and baking soda are great for buildup and dandruff (on me, at least - my head likes to snow sometimes if I don't ACV it), and I don't think I've ever brushed wet hair! I've seen other people do it, and the sound of stretching/breaking hair makes me shudder :P And always from the bottom up, because my hair will make a huge tangled nest at the ends if I don't, haha. I also never got the hang of a straightener - I have one, but all I've used it for is pressing seams/hems and ironing ribbon/lace LOL!

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod triteia's Avatar

Follow triteia on Tumblr
    Name:  1011339_442751305831989_298427385_n.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  42.4 KB
    My hair changed this weekend

Hello everyone . Here is my mer hair Name:  swimme2.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  75.5 KB Name:  swimme1.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  69.4 KB

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    WHOA!! That is some awesomely long hair right there.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Ty

WOW!! I love it! That's amazing! And I thought my bum-length hair was long...

Junior Member Pod of New England GreenAsSin's Avatar

Follow GreenAsSin on Tumblr
    Name:  tumblr_n7a9t4Kkuf1qeyvyjo1_500.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  131.0 KB

This is the most recent photo I have of my current hair color. It's slightly more washed out now and the hair on the sides is a little longer but it pretty much looks the same. It's also a mohawk so it goes all the way down the back, too. I use Splat hair color and have found that it lasts way longer than Manic Panic and would recommend it to people that color their hair. There's only a couple of colors available in stores but they've got a pretty decent variety available for order on their website. The boxes you get at the store also include a bleach kit so you don't have to spend money on bleach separately.

Now that I've got my monofin I expect it'll be washing out relatively quickly. I bought myself a swim cap to try and keep the water out of it but it doesn't keep my head totally dry. It only seems to dampen everything at most though so it'll extend the life of the color a little.

Once it does start to really wash and grow out I plan on shaving it all off again anyway. My hair is super, incredibly thick and in the summer it often threatens to give me heat stroke so by mid July it'll probably be back to a buzzcut to help save myself from the heat. I'll miss the color and I've been growing the middle out for maybe five or six months so it's sort of sad for me to see it go but at the same time I absolutely love giving myself buzzcuts and they make me feel super badass so it's not a total loss. My hair also grows super fast so by the time the weather gets cooler I'll be able to comfortable rock a pixie cut without too much hassle or waiting.

I'm also interested to see what kind of reactions a buzzed mermaid will get from people once I eventually do get myself a tail. I know mers are typically depicted with long flowing hair so I expect any with mohawks or buzzcuts will be fairly jarring to some people. I tend to get a lot of positive attention from people for my hairstyle though so I don't think too many people will be upset over it.

I really love some of the long hair in this thread, but I personally can't stand wearing anything longer than a pixie cut without wanting to tear it all out. Kudos to you lovely ladies for being able to handle the length and the upkeep.

Yay for mermaid hair!
    Mine goes a few inches past my knees at the longest.

Name:  mermaidhair.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  212.3 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Gorgeous!

Mine is mid-thigh, but badly in need of a trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    WOW!! I love it! That's amazing! And I thought my bum-length hair was long...
    ty

I guess I'll add some hair pics to the thread, too
    Mine is a pale golden blonde with light/candy pink on the ends, and on streaks framing my face:

Name:  IMG_2982.JPG
Views: 594
Size:  120.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2988.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  85.1 KB

Y'all all look gorgeous! Stop apologizing for the lack of makeup!

I'm so jealous of the past-the bum length people here. My hair used to grow a couple inches a month, and when I cut a bunch off last year to deal with dead ends from chemicals, I thought it would grow back fine. But health problems came in and my hair's pretty much stopped growing at just past my waist. For the first time ever! gahhh.

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeaNymph View Post
    I'm so jealous of the past-the bum length people here. My hair used to grow a couple inches a month, and when I cut a bunch off last year to deal with dead ends from chemicals, I thought it would grow back fine. But health problems came in and my hair's pretty much stopped growing at just past my waist. For the first time ever! gahhh.
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who has this problem. People always give me the weirdest look when I tell them I've been growing out my hair for 7+ years and it's only to my waist. I've been trying everything possible to keep it healthy, even changed my diet and switched over to using Henna instead of hair dye. I think I'm thankfully starting to notice some growth, but it's a slow process. I'm hoping it'll finally reach my hips next year, but we'll see if it cooperates. Good luck on growing yours out. Hopefully it will grow more. ><