Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your mermaid hair pics!

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I love my mermaid hair
    It's down to my lower back curly. I haven't straightened it in a while but I would love to see how long it is straightened, but it takes so long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of hair growth; I'm still suprised mine is as long as it is currently.
    I had a spell where I was coloring my hair a very light blonde, and while it wasn't that drastic for me since I'm already a medium blonde naturally, the bleach is rough on the tresses. I ended up with a lot of breakage on my ends and I know that my hair could be MUCH longer than it is now had I not bleached it :-( That was about 2 years ago and It's coming back quite well!
    One tip I can give is to get more deep sea fish in your diet. Of course, I respect those that may not eat fish for various reasons, but it is seriously the one thing that I noticed was making a huge difference in how fast my hair grows, healthier nails and clear skin.
    The wild caught Atlantic Norwegian salmon from Trader Joe's is now dinner at least twice a week at my house, along with some omega oil supplements and calcium.
    It may not work for absolutely everyone, but it works for me
    Last edited by Mermaid Freyja; 10-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.

btw, I love the hues of pink on the blonde, Ulla. (I want to call you Freyja already!) And health wise, I'm working on it with my doctor. I just have a wacky system with bizarrely sensitive allergies and the vitamins being affected are directly related to hair growth and are hormonal precursors, so it's really just killed my hair growth. It's so annoying!
    Last edited by deepblue; 10-05-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks SurlySeaNymph! It's fun, and I had never done pale pink before. Plenty of deep magenta, violets and reds over the years though.
    I may try lavender next
    Last edited by Mermaid Freyja; 10-07-2014 at 08:51 PM.

I understand. I'm actually hoping to go back to my original name, deepblue, soon.

Speaking of mermaid hair, I need to touch up my blue. Atlantic Blue... it starts off a pretty blue with green highlights, fades to a pretty green, then to a not so pretty dull kind of greenishness.... I'm there right now. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeaNymph View Post
    I understand. I'm actually hoping to go back to my original name, deepblue, soon.

Speaking of mermaid hair, I need to touch up my blue. Atlantic Blue... it starts off a pretty blue with green highlights, fades to a pretty green, then to a not so pretty dull kind of greenishness.... I'm there right now. Bleh.
    That sounds gorgeous! The blues and greens are a lot of upkeep though.
    I may do a tropic blue to green (or vice versa) on my ends, if the greenish effect from the chlorine is just doesn't leave my blonde alone. Pre & post pool treatments or not ;D

Did you know, that it's actually the copper from the pipes that makes your hair green, and not the chlorine?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    My hair style is a short bob.

I've had this style since high school. I've had curls put in before but because my Chinese hair is stiff and unyielding to perms, curls and waves, it usually takes 2 or 3 bottles of solution for the curls to take. And plus I hated looking like a golliwog. So short, straight hair is easy to take care of.

Oh and its black. White too if you count grey hair... Hahaha!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    Did you know, that it's actually the copper from the pipes that makes your hair green, and not the chlorine?
    Very interesting! I've had my suspicions about that, too.
    I'd love to hear other theories on the chemical reactions between copper pipes, chlorine and hair.
    (maybe we could start a separate thread on the subject? )

LittleOrca started a great thread about care for merhair some time ago, it's here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...e-for-Mer-Hair
    And there are others, but I found that one to have the best info.

Also- it's not just the copper pipes. It's that the chlorine in the water oxidizes the metals such as copper in the water, and together, they discolor hair.
    http://www.empowher.com/hair-product...-out-your-hair

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    My hair won't grow past my shoulders. It's very fine so it just breaks when it gets that long. And trust me, I baby my hair with good shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, vitamins, biotin, etc. Nothing works. So I'm trying to get some hair extensions that I feel comfortable swimming in for when I do parties and events.

Some of it just comes down to genetics. Some people are never going to have hair past a certain length, but you can keep what you have healthy.

Name:  10304882_825725043540_6882560363571204348_n.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  83.9 KB

I just recently did my hair and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhaylennMurúch View Post

I just recently did my hair and I love it!
    PhaylennMurúch, that color is amazing and your hair is gorgeous!

thanks!
    I was scared at first, when it's wet it looks midnight blueblack and I was all "omg what did I do?" because I'm pale enough that the one time I dyed my hair black I seriously looked like death. Then it started drying and my brain exploded from the color

Quote Originally Posted by PhaylennMurúch View Post
    thanks!
    I was scared at first, when it's wet it looks midnight blueblack and I was all "omg what did I do?" because I'm pale enough that the one time I dyed my hair black I seriously looked like death. Then it started drying and my brain exploded from the color
    Haha! Yeah, it can be a bit daunting. I did mine a rich magenta once, and when I coated my hair in the dye it looked like a scene from the film 'Carrie'. It was that viscous dark blood color, but when I rinsed it out it was amazing. My head looked like a tropical purple orchid!

PhaylennMurúch, have you used the color before? Blues fade really fast and need extra loving care.

I've been doing streaks and lowlights for ages but this is my first whole head bluing

I should update on some of my recent hair styles haha.
    Recently (June-July) I had yarn twists in my hair and I absolutely loved them!
    Name:  picture087.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  133.5 KBName:  10666068_930013807015810_7557746436070228026_n.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  51.8 KB
    After I took them out in Late July, I just wear my afro puff . Hoping to find someone who knows how to braid so I can put in crochet braids.
    Name:  10559800_10204687645300488_6152947471410130771_n.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  39.3 KBName:  tumblr_ncfou2kvcd1rqeghso3_1280.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  307.7 KB

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I love those yarn twists, Draggersprez! I like to do yarn braids in my hair when it's straight, I've done so many sets of those haha, they look so neat!

Here's my hair right now: dreadhawk (mohawk made of dreads), currently extended with synthetic dreads I made:

Name:  P9200129.JPG
Views: 2228
Size:  135.4 KB
    Name:  P9200149.JPG
Views: 1982
Size:  42.5 KB

Here's some pics without the extensions:
    Name:  P8060050.JPG
Views: 494
Size:  124.6 KB
    Name:  P8060052.JPG
Views: 535
Size:  136.5 KB
    Name:  10494909_10154366632110468_1370554012207570250_ob.JPG
Views: 511
Size:  131.0 KB

I'll probably be taking the extensions out soon, I've had them in since I got back from the last pirate festival and they are heavy and a pain in the bum to take care of >.< I'll be attaching them to a dreadlock wig or fall or something, though.

I also may cut out my natural dreadlocks... I'm concerned about frequent swimming and how hard they'll be to clean thoroughly (which includes neutralizing/removing all the chlorine)... they're basically little filters/sponges, so things get stuck in there all the time (I'm constantly picking lint out, and I'm sure they're full of pollen from being outside so much this summer). I really love my dreads, and their uniqueness, but they are certainly not a low-maintenance hairstyle! I'm constantly frustrated at all the fuzzies everywhere because, although I myself am a "dreadlock artist" who installs/services dreadlocks for other people, it's really hard to do it for yourself, so I now have this halo of fuzzy hair all over my scalp, and it's really hard to get it to look "neat".
    I also miss brushing my hair. And being able to massage/scratch my scalp really well without worrying about pulling hairs out :P
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)