Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos and Body Modifications

Thanks lovely. I'm probably just being overcritical

I deleted the post because I used the wrong pictures SO I'm attaching them to this reply. Whoops lol.

My shark and janky octopus ;;

Attachment 24042

Attachment 24041

whats so janky about the octopus?? it looks amazing o-o
    The SeaGlass Siren

I think what bothers me the most is the blue rings, they look wonky -- especially the ones in a figure eight/infinity sign shape. Again though, I'm probably just being overcritical of myself. I'm going to expand on it anyway, I just have no idea how yet.

well you could make the legs a little longer :o other than that it looks amazing already!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Awesome octo. I just thought the blue infinities were two rings close together on his arms. He's reaching up with one arm; maybe he's reaching for some delicious fishes?
    Cool people have signatures. I wish to be cool as well. So here's Strong Bad catching fish. http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail44.html

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    I love this tattoo! I haven't gotten a tat in ages And I would love an octo!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

I'm thinking of getting a second one. Not sure what to get though..
    The SeaGlass Siren

Scheduling an appointment to get my second tatt in january it's also going to be the first part of my first sleeve!!(I plan on getting sleeves on both arms)
    Anyways this sleeve is going to be victorian themed, and the piece I'm getting will be a shoulder piece that goes across my chest, and it's inspired by phantom of the opera!

~Mermaid Sirenia~
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    Oooh Sirenia, a PotO-inspired piece?!? I've got one I'm going to get as well! I'm pretty much waiting for my first swim in-tail to get any more tats, as it takes ~6 weeks to heal before I can go swimming, so I don't want to get more ink until after I get at least one good swim in this year!

Can I ask what it's going to look like? I'm always super-intrigued by PotO tattoos, since there's not many out there :3

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

Personally I've always been really intrigued by tattoos, and having two myself I find them very much an artistic way of expression. They are all part of a mermaid's image and individuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu View Post
    Oooh Sirenia, a PotO-inspired piece?!? I've got one I'm going to get as well! I'm pretty much waiting for my first swim in-tail to get any more tats, as it takes ~6 weeks to heal before I can go swimming, so I don't want to get more ink until after I get at least one good swim in this year!

Can I ask what it's going to look like? I'm always super-intrigued by PotO tattoos, since there's not many out there :3
    So this is sort of what it will look like, except I will be changing it up a bit (I'm not a fan of having other people's tattoos lol) the roses will be a bit different and I'll be adding black lace, considering the background (?) of my sleeve will be black lace and red roses

~Mermaid Sirenia~

I hope that showed up alright lol

~Mermaid Sirenia~

Erik!!! Phantom!!!

Eeep!

OOoOH, that's going to be awesome!!! I'm actually getting ready to re-read PotO (...as I sit here playing with my chandelier bead from the Bway production, muwahahaha). I'd love to see the black lace with something like that, I LOVE lace tattoos, they look so beautiful

TwitterFacebookInstagram

I'm also going to get a tattoo soon. It will be my first and I'm terrified but I'm also very excited

I can't wait to someday to my sleeve, but for now because I don't want to lose any gigs I'm gonna keep it below the hips, which means hopefully in the next two years I'll get my other foot done, and my thigh piece. We'll see, I've got nothing but time :-)
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Oh gosh... Let's see... I have 2 nipple piercings, 2 nose rings (left nostril), tragus (right ear), 2 lobes (one on each side of my ear), my bellybutton, labret - my favorite, and 2 anti eyebrows under my right eye (dermal anchors). As far as tattoos I have Bambi on my wrist, I have "I Fight Like A Girl" on my waist - dedication tattoo for Emilie Autumn, I have Albert Einstein and his signature on the back of my right leg, I have the Master Ball (pokemon) behind my left ear and the Great Ball (pokemon) behind my right ear. I haven't had any problems with anyone about my piercings or tattoos. It's not a big deal because I can hide my tattoos, a big bracelet can easily hide my Bambi tattoo and "I Fight Like A Girl" on my waist is hidden from my tail, it goes right above the tattoo! As far as piercings... I can take them out EXCEPT for my anti eyebrows. Those will never be able to come out unless surgically removed (and I don't mean getting knocked out at a hospital and doing actual surgery, I just mean they have to cut it out and it will leave scars.)
    I plan to get so many tattoos in the future and maybe a few more piercings but I'm not too worried about how it will effect my work because I mainly want to go into that "horror" mermaid kind of scene, like being in tanks at like raves, events, and be that scary mermaid. But right now I'm keeping my tattoos and piercings a bit on the down low because I have to start from what's best to get my name known and that's doing children parties.(:
    Mermaids&Anchors

Arion - congrats!~ How awesome! What are you getting, and where? I WANNA KNOW... Depending on where you get it, it doesn't hurt too bad - I have the most ridiculously thin skin, and my first kind of tickled! I got it on my forearm, which is a pretty easy place to get one (I didn't know that, I just knew where I wanted the tat to be). The one on the base of my neck actually felt "really good", if you get what I'm saying The one on my shoulder, well, it got a tiny bit messed up (barely noticeable and easily fixed) because my arm would randomly twitch even though it didn't hurt. The one on my chest kind of felt like an itchy, burny sunburn in certain areas (mostly on top of my collarbone).

Mermaids-and-Anchors
    : yaaaay for fellow "horror"-style mers! Your tats sound awesome!!! And the anti-eyebrows just seem so mermaid-y when in costume anyways If my skin wasn't such a pain (still recovering from cystic acne), I'd totally have them - I've always thought they were so cool-looking!
    I'd love to do the same types of gigs, especially the whole rave mermaid tank thing (ugh I am getting so old I love raves still though). I am relatively uncomfortable with children, so the most work I really want to do is with underprivileged children (especially foster kids), so I'm not too worried about my piercings and tats (and lack of hair) - besides, my tattoos seem to be kid-approved (bright colours and steampunk yay).

TwitterFacebookInstagram

I have 3 tattoo's , on my left side of my belly 3 butterfly's (was my first tattoo ) on my right side the name of my minihorse (Quenya) with roses and on my right lower arm the paws of my dog :-) Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-20-21-24-00-1.png
Views: 851
Size:  710.4 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-20-21-25-10-1.png
Views: 1046
Size:  368.4 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-20-21-34-49~2.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  101.6 KB

Beautiful work! I adore the roses, and love your horse's name Love the puppy prints!

TwitterFacebookInstagram