Thread: Favorite Swimming Spots?

Favorite Swimming Spots?

So someone did this in another pod, and I was curious as to what some favorites are down here.
    List your state, and the place, maybe even a picture. Here's one of mine that I've actually been to!
    Florida, Nokomis Beach (This is a photo found online of the North Jetty, that I may one day use for a photoshoot, I mean hello, mermaid on the rocks! On the left is unswimmable, the part showing more water is where I was for a little)

Last edited by XMermaidMarinaX; 06-07-2013 at 01:06 PM.

I LOVE Nokomis Beach!!!!!! Found the awesomest HUGE conch shell in the water down there!!!
    Mermaids have more fun

It was being attacked heavily by seaweed that day, so I was just drifting above it. I saw these adorable looking little silver/blue fish!! I know they're bait fish, but they were just so cute to me. That was also the beach I first dared to swim without goggles, I can officially swim without goggles! NO MORE!

Weeki Wachee is my favorite place ever!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Pod of The South Ariadne's Avatar
    Add Ariadne on Facebook
    I grew up visiting Panama City every year, so I suppose it's my favorite for sentimental reasons. I am dying to visit Weeki Wachee and to also find some great places to swim here in GA! I am close to Lake Lanier and have heard there is a good spot near Helen, but I'm waiting for my tail to get here next month before I check them out...

Anyone else out there wish to share?

Siesta Key <3 pretty popular but SO CLEAR!!
    Mermaids have more fun

Ohmygod... I really want to go there one day

The Florida springs are very nice! I've been to Alexander and Rainbow, so far I like Alexander the best.
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

Kerr lake, not tropical and lacking in salt, but local and convenient.

Nokomis is AWESOME! The shells kind of hurt, but I've been to Siesta and I didn't like it. The sand gets into everything and it's always so crowded. St.Pete Beach is cool too.
    Enhydrina ~ 3<I+O

Senior Member Pod of The South Rivertee's Avatar
    Follow Rivertee On Twitter Add Rivertee on Facebook
    Follow Rivertee on Tumblr
    Hands down green cove springs natural spring fed pool. Fresh water and amazing in Fl heat.
    ~Nothing's Impossible just hard to achieve, so stay true to yourself and always Believe~

Formerly known as Kaguria the Kitsune Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Wickham View Post
    Hands down green cove springs natural spring fed pool. Fresh water and amazing in Fl heat.
    I've never tried green cove springs, have to add that to the list!

I am spoiled living by excellent beaches here in Sarasota (siesta, lido, Nokomis, venice)... But what I really crave are the fresh (cool) springs in the summer time. Wish there were more that were closer to Sarasota! Which is the best / closest one?

I'm not sure which one is closest to you SirenaBridge, and really which is best is a matter of opinion. I know people who swear by Alexander and Rainbow Springs, and my personal experience is a little limited but they all have their pluses and the their drawbacks.
    ~Daughter of the Ocean, Princess of the Waves~
    Not really active, but always mermaidy
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

I have always wanted to swim those beautiful clear lakes in Ocala, Fl

So far, my favorite is Alexander Springs.

I used to live in Gainesville and I still have Ginnie Springs at the top of my list. Had an excellent photoshoot there too. Someday I'll have to post those pictures here.

Senior Member Pod of The South Rivertee's Avatar
    Follow Rivertee On Twitter Add Rivertee on Facebook
    Follow Rivertee on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    I have always wanted to swim those beautiful clear lakes in Ocala, Fl
    The used to be my entire summer when I was young. My Aunt lived down there and we'd spend every summer in different lakes.
    ~Nothing's Impossible just hard to achieve, so stay true to yourself and always Believe~

Formerly known as Kaguria the Kitsune Mermaid