Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome MerNetwork Testers! (PLEASE READ)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This is something we should regulate sooner rather than later. If we let people upload whatever they want, before we know it we'll be out of disk quota and have to upgrade (Of course, I don't know what our hosting is, but forums always seem to outgrow their hosting), by which time it'll be more of a hassle for people to bring their albums in line. Plus yes, the potential legal issues.

@malinghi: yeah, that option is nice but I don't plan on friending everyone in the community since it would defeat the purpose of having friends within the forum. I think. I'd like the option for people to see it if they want to, just for it to not be openly advertised. If I'm alone in this matter though, I'll just shut up and suck it up as it is not that big of a deal.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    well I think UPLOADING should only be for your own photos. You can easily embed other photos (with a credit plz) in a post without taking up space if you wanna share stuff

Yeah, mostly concerned with the uploaded albums we store. Image ownership and accreditation are kind of a factor in both, of course.

The rules state that credit must be given for images that are not you own. If there are uploaded or posted pictures that are not credited the image/post will be edited to do so or it will be removed.

There may be more rules regarding what you can an can't upload in the future, right now we're still trying to feel around on server space. Hosting says unlimited, but when is unlimited really ever unlimited anymore?

Also the size of uploads and attachments were specified to a large number on settings, but it is ignoring those settings. Apparently this is more complicated that a mere setting, so we hope to get that worked out here soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingéd Mermaid View Post
    There may be more rules regarding what you can an can't upload in the future, right now we're still trying to feel around on server space. Hosting says unlimited, but when is unlimited really ever unlimited anymore?
    Exactly. I'm pretty sure the hosting for a large-ish regional food forum I was on was 'unlimited', but we still got a "Your board is starting to outgrow your hosting, would you mind giving us more money, or maybe leaving?" message from the site. It didn't even take that long.

hey admins, i didnt know where to post this, but i decided here. I recently started a new thread about instagram. Can i have it deleted?
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    works best to PM a mod or flag your own thread using the little triangle icon that comes up under your icon and explain in the comments you'd like your thread deleted.

I did PM, but ill try that report button now. Thanks Raina!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani