Thread: Killeen/Fort Hood area

Killeen/Fort Hood area

Is anybody near here? I have found 2 mers in Austin, but was wondering if there is anyone closer for more frequent hangouts. I have browsed around facebook, as nobody really uses this site anymore ( I know I don't), but that's sort of a swing and a miss most times. message me

Sorry, that's a few hours' drive for me. Are you close to Stillhouse reservoir? Do you know if it's a good place to swim?
    Ifthereismagiconthisplanet,itiscontainedinwater.
    - Loren Eisley

yes I am. it's decent enough but the last time I went there were leeches, lake Belton is better. And I know a guy with a boat there that goes out every day. So he's willing to shuttle anyone out to whatever gorge part of the lake we want and flop right off the back full tail to swim around unbothered by the people at the beaches.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar

Re: Killeen/Fort Hood area

Killeen is about 2 hours from me. I'm in the SA area. I hate how we are all spread out. D:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yea I know. But Texas is a massive state. Feel free to find me on Facebook as well. We have a twxaa group there and some others and we try to arrange meetings or post what events we're traveling to

Junior Member Pod of Texas MermaidRanoria's Avatar
    I've spent the last 6 years living in both Killeen and Temple. I just moved to San Marcos in June of this year. I don't have a tail as of yet, but I'm working on it. Due to the native 'culture' in that area I just can't see many people being into it. Unless maybe they are military from out of the Bell County area. Then again I spent a considerable amount of time in the area (non military), and you live there. I guess there is always a chance!

The lake in that area freaks me out though. I've swam in it before. I always here horror stories about bacteria in it and random other things that just make me feel unsafe in it. There is an area called Miller Springs in Belton that has some smaller water falls and fairly clear water. I don't remember it being really deep enough to swim but you could probably take some really nice photos there.