Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi there! Mermaid Fand here aka Maimerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    Sorry totally forgot to say that, nice to meet you, and I'm so glad you joined our group! You are going to love it here!
    No worries! Thanks! I already do! I'm digging it here!

You're gonna' love it here. Do you currently own a tail?
    Ooh, I see you've got a tumblr! Your background is gorgeous, omg. *-* Followed! (I'm cannibalhusbands, haha)
    there's something in the water
    i do not feel safe
    it always feels like torture to be this close
    i wish that i was stronger; i'd separate the waves
    ( not just let the water take me away)

Welcome! Nice to have another pagan mer! I myself follow a faerie path (there isn't really a name for it) but again,welcome also, what's your tumblr? I clicked the icon but I got an error message. My blog is wildechangeling

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    I'm unlike the others because I believe in fairies, demons, the turned angels that people worshiped as deities and started other religions
    Early christians all believed more or less in the olden gods and nature spirits.
    They just started to call them "demons" instead (which comes from Greek daemon, and means just that- god).

Anyway.
    I highly recommend this video for everyone interested in anything religious
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBnSrxzHy7E

It's called "Pagan symbolism in all major religions", and if you believe in any of the monotheistic religions, you really should watch it attentively, it may change your life
    (As someone who has profound knowledge of the sources from which said religions drew their material- Egyptian, Babylonian, and Sumerian myths-, I can confirm that the stuff described in that video is entirely true.
    But you can easily find that out for yourself, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Devils View Post
    You're gonna' love it here. Do you currently own a tail?
    Ooh, I see you've got a tumblr! Your background is gorgeous, omg. *-* Followed! (I'm cannibalhusbands, haha)
    I have a monofin, and I'm in the process of making a tail with some of my friends. My fiancé is helping me save to get a Merbella's performance tail though! We're hoping to purchase it in December for my birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by draggersprez View Post
    Welcome! Nice to have another pagan mer! I myself follow a faerie path (there isn't really a name for it) but again,welcome also, what's your tumblr? I clicked the icon but I got an error message. My blog is wildechangeling
    Awww darn! I don't know what it's doing that! I'm maimerd on tumblr too! Here ya go! http://maimerd.tumblr.com
    I love faeries. They're so pesky though sometimes! I communicate with them on a daily basis.

I'm saving up for a merbellas or a mernation tail too! Though I'm most likely won't get it until I get out of college (I'm still in highschool,going into senior year) I'm currently making a sequin and neoprene tail,it's going a bit too slowly for me though but I'm getting there lol

Quote Originally Posted by draggersprez View Post
    I'm saving up for a merbellas or a mernation tail too! Though I'm most likely won't get it until I get out of college (I'm still in highschool,going into senior year) I'm currently making a sequin and neoprene tail,it's going a bit too slowly for me though but I'm getting there lol
    Yay merbella's! Oh well that's too bad! Congratulations on being in your senior year! I hope you get into the colleges that you want to go to!
    That's awesome about your tail! I'm trying hard to make a tail with a few of my friends. We're going to experiment with silicone and latex!

Quote Originally Posted by maimerd View Post
    Because Druidism is the correct path for me. I am completely in tune with Gaia, or as she's more commonly knows as Mother Nature, Water spirits, Faeries, Spirits etc.
    Wow cool, so can I be your friend and PM to you? So, how come you as a Druidism is the correct path for you?

Quote Originally Posted by MerAndrew View Post
    Wow cool, so can I be your friend and PM to you? So, how come you as a Druidism is the correct path for you?
    Because I have a profound connection with it and Gaia aka Mother Nature, Water spirits, Faeries, Spirits in general etc.

Because I have a profound connection with it and Gaia aka Mother Nature, Water spirits, Faeries, Spirits in general etc.
    How do you become a connection to the Nature?

Quote Originally Posted by MerAndrew View Post
    How do you become a connection to the Nature?
    Everyone has a connection to nature, most people choose to ignore it. To strengthen it you have to meditate. There are lots of books at the ready if you're interested in it, just go to your local book shop and go to the "new age" section. Although it is no way new age. It is one of the oldest religions known to man. The Goddess has been known to man since early man, search "Goddess of Willendorf" if you're interested. I can not talk for all Druids, as each person is there one and single only person. I can only give you answers on my own personal worship and practice, not for everyones. Each person worships and practices in their own way. It is a personal and spiritual journey that you have to experience for yourself.

Everyone has a connection to nature, most people choose to ignore it. To strengthen it you have to meditate. There are lots of books at the ready if you're interested in it, just go to your local book shop and go to the "new age" section. Although it is no way new age. It is one of the oldest religions known to man. The Goddess has been known to man since early man, search "Goddess of Willendorf" if you're interested. I can not talk for all Druids, as each person is there one and single only person. I can only give you answers on my own personal worship and practice, not for everyones. Each person worships and practices in their own way. It is a personal and spiritual journey that you have to experience for yourself.
    Well I have a connection to nature for most of the time protecting animals and more so the more I practice with it the better than I become to a connection of the nature?

Hello there! And I just wanted to say congratulations on the wedding in December in advance, Adorable~
    Oh and.. Through all the years, information and the different cultures..I kind of developed my own belief :3

It is a personal and spiritual journey that you have to experience for yourself.
    I completely agree *nodnod*

Quote Originally Posted by Seyani View Post
    Hello there! And I just wanted to say congratulations on the wedding in December in advance, Adorable~
    Oh and.. Through all the years, information and the different cultures..I kind of developed my own belief :3
    Awww thank you! It's actually in November, my birthday is in December. We're just celebrating in December because I'm still in school.
    Yay! I love it when people do that. I sort of did too, but I feel very connected with the Druidic way of life.

Awww thank you! It's actually in November, my birthday is in December. We're just celebrating in December because I'm still in school.
    Yay! I love it when people do that. I sort of did too, but I feel very connected with the Druidic way of life.
    Oh hehe x3 My birthday is in November !
    Like the nature is connected I think that all beliefs, be it myths or legends, are connected in a way too and have a red thread running through them, they all have something in common :3

I love all this diversity. I guess I'm pagan too. I think of myself as pantheistic. Everything is part of the divine, made of natural energy differentiated by different "vibrations" (physics), and "magick" is basically tapping into Ultimate Reality with your own energy.
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Seyani View Post
    Oh hehe x3 My birthday is in November !
    Like the nature is connected I think that all beliefs, be it myths or legends, are connected in a way too and have a red thread running through them, they all have something in common :3
    Well Happy Early Birthday! Yeah, everything is connected. And everyone is correct in their beliefs. That's why I don't argue with people about their beliefs, I just sit and listen and ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarotte View Post
    I love all this diversity. I guess I'm pagan too. I think of myself as pantheistic. Everything is part of the divine, made of natural energy differentiated by different "vibrations" (physics), and "magick" is basically tapping into Ultimate Reality with your own energy.
    Well actually, magick, to druids and wiccans and such and especially myself and fiancé personally, are rituals and spells. Magick is literally a way of life for us. It is every word we speak and every thing we do. Tapping into our energy and spirit is meditation. There are certain magical things we do while meditating that allows us to come to a conclusion. Magick differs for each person and everyone gives it a different meaning and definition, but the one I just gave you is the most common.
    I never meant for this thread to become such a spiritual/religious/philosophical discussion, but oh well.

I was mentioning what it is for me and me alone. Rituals and meditation is what I sometimes personally do to tap into the universes energy and connect mine to it. On occasion I call it magick.
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook