Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face Connecticut

Hi there all! I'm new here to MerNetwork, only been here for a few days now.
    I'm just wondering if there's any merpeople in/from Connecticut? I have my own little pod made up of friends currently, none of us have tails but they're kind enough to help me make one out of fabric for all of us, and then I'll be purchasing one hopefully from Merbella's this December.
    I've been looking through MerNetwork for people from Connecticut, but have come up empty handed. Just thought I'd ask! Hope you're all having a great summer so far!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    Maimerd I am originally from Connecticut. I was born in New Haven. An spent alot of time in South Britain where my grandmother lived. I have a cousin that live in CT still an we talk. But I no longer live there. I am in Upstate NY now.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Quote Originally Posted by MerAnthony View Post
    Maimerd I am originally from Connecticut. I was born in New Haven. An spent alot of time in South Britain where my grandmother lived. I have a cousin that live in CT still an we talk. But I no longer live there. I am in Upstate NY now.
    Awww darn! I go to school in New Haven, well the New Haven/Hamden line. I feel like I'm the only mermaid in CT!

Quote Originally Posted by maimerd View Post
    Awww darn! I go to school in New Haven, well the New Haven/Hamden line. I feel like I'm the only mermaid in CT!
    I know how you feel. I am the only one where I am but there are a few in NY but spred out some. An in a few weeks I am going camping an there is nobody near where I am going.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Quote Originally Posted by MerAnthony View Post
    I know how you feel. I am the only one where I am but there are a few in NY but spred out some. An in a few weeks I am going camping an there is nobody near where I am going.
    I have three friends that I'm slowly convincing to start mermaiding with me. One of them is really excited about it. She's adorable. So I won't be alone pretty soon. I'm sorry that there's noone around you! Mermaiding is sometimes very lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by maimerd View Post
    I have three friends that I'm slowly convincing to start mermaiding with me. One of them is really excited about it. She's adorable. So I won't be alone pretty soon. I'm sorry that there's noone around you! Mermaiding is sometimes very lonely.
    That is so true. Maybe it will change I hope when I move south. It is not that I like to be alone. I just wish I had company.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Hi Maimerd, I'm from Massachusetts, up near the NH border. Welcome to MerNetwork! How wonderful that you have friends that will help you make tails for your pod! There are so many resources here, you will love reading thru, and getting ideas from them! I love your purple monofin! What manufacturer did you buy from? It's so bright purple, I love it! If you have any sewing questions, I may be able to help. Feel free to PM me when you have questions. Coming up to speed here took me a couple days, and longer to read the many posts of interest! Have fun and enjoy!
    (((HUGz))) & Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Quote Originally Posted by MerMarla View Post
    Hi Maimerd, I'm from Massachusetts, up near the NH border. Welcome to MerNetwork! How wonderful that you have friends that will help you make tails for your pod! There are so many resources here, you will love reading thru, and getting ideas from them! I love your purple monofin! What manufacturer did you buy from? It's so bright purple, I love it! If you have any sewing questions, I may be able to help. Feel free to PM me when you have questions. Coming up to speed here took me a couple days, and longer to read the many posts of interest! Have fun and enjoy!
    (((HUGz))) & Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Hi! Thank you! I got my monofin from Finis, actually my mom bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago, unfortunately I don't think Finis makes it any longer, at least in the purple color. Now it's a bright ugly yellow. >.<
    Thanks! I might look for help here at some point, but two of my friends that are helping me make my first fabric tail are really good at sewing, so I don't think I'll need any help there. Thanks though!

I'm originally from CT, but I went to the Hudson Valley area of NY for college a few years back and ended up moving out here after I graduated. The majority of my family still lives in CT though, so I go back often enough. I'm from the Waterbury area!

Quote Originally Posted by risewiththemoon View Post
    I'm originally from CT, but I went to the Hudson Valley area of NY for college a few years back and ended up moving out here after I graduated. The majority of my family still lives in CT though, so I go back often enough. I'm from the Waterbury area!
    Awesome! I'm currently in Middletown.

Quote Originally Posted by risewiththemoon View Post
    I know Waterbury fairly well. I mosttly grew up at my grandmothers (when she was alive) In South Britain an would travel to Waterbury all the time for shopping.
    Be Happy Swim Free

I'm from Southeastern Connecticut! I've been wondering lately if there were any other mers here. Glad I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianne View Post
    I'm from Southeastern Connecticut! I've been wondering lately if there were any other mers here. Glad I'm not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    I'm down in the kind of Norwalk-Stamford area
    Woohoo! I'm in the Hartford area, but I'm down at SCSU a lot, I go to school there.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    I'm down in the kind of Norwalk-Stamford area
    You're in Stamford??! I've been driving through on the way to Danbury a bunch of times. I wish I knew lol
    I do spend time in Danbury from time to time on my way up from NYC to Albany
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Connecticut

That would be awesome!
    formerly known as Julianne.

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook
    I have family in Connecticut, though I live in Massachusetts. (Well, actually, it is mostly my husband's family...) They are mostly in Torrington, with a brother-in-law over in Goshen.

Junior Member Pod of New England kylie's Avatar
    Hi! I'm Kylie, I live near Hartford, CT (moving to Boston soon, but I'll be around during holidays and summer!)! I'm new to all of this, but it's cool to know that there are other merpeople in CT!