Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merbella Tail Waiting Time?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel

Merbella Tail Waiting Time?

Hey everyone! I'm super excited to enter the exciting world of being a mermaid! I'm currently awaiting the completion of my very first tail by the lovely Raven of Merbellas. And waiting I am. I suppose it's not overly important because its winter here, far too cold for an ocean swim but there are still pools I'm dying to try it out in.

I'm just curious as to how long people have waited for a Merbellas tail? I paid for mine in Febuary, expecting a 120 wait time max. Here I am 160 days later with no tail in sight. No expected completion time and tails ordered after mine being completed before mine (I've seen pictures posted on her FB page and spoken to the client).

I understand Raven is busy, and I'm not messaging her about this because I doubt it will do anything. It won't make my tail come faster and just take up her time.
    PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT trying to have a go at Raven, I believe she is the best tail maker around, I'm happy to wait as long as it takes. I just want to know how long HAVE people waited for a tail from her so I can guess how much longer I can expect to keep waiting.

I'm waiting for mine to Got my order at february and had my pictures a month ago (after asking). Now i'm just waiting for my paint edit to be done and waiting when I get a message for my tail to get shipped.

Did you get a basic or proformance tail? The basic actually takes longer to make. I ordered mine in march. I have 25 days left on my countdown since paying and sending mesurments. I know someone (cant remember who now) waited quit awhile for her tail. 6 months i think it was because they had been working on getting the colors right.
    Facebook~ Youtube ~ Instagram
    ~ Phoenix Mermaid ~

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    SHe is working her ass off on orders 24/7 You can see reasons for an extended wait here---> https://www.facebook.com/notes/merbe...42703012452450

In your situation, I don't think it's rude or demanding at all to send a frequent email. Just be sure to send it to email, not FB message. I'd even say, it's day ___ and I was just hoping things were progressing with my tail. Any ETA for me?

That sort of deal!

Thanks guys
    @Phoenix Mermaid- It is a basic tail, but everything was paid for in full, one colour design sent and then that was it, the whole process was completed by the 15th of Jan

@Raina I did see that post, mad Raven lover right here <<< so that was the reason why I was like 'Okay, no more emails!' but if you said it would be alright. (I've read all about your history with Raven and bought a copy of your book, just wanna say, hue fan <3 You are truly an inspirational mer and are actually the reason I decided to go with Merbellas in the first place.

Yeah I'm helping out with messages, we help each other out. The frequent messaging is more people who aren't even clients messaging 50 times a day (yes it happens)

Gah! So jealous. I'd love to be able to meet/ help out/ be as close to Raven as you are. Even you yourself, you guys are like mer-celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    SHe is working her ass off on orders 24/7 You can see reasons for an extended wait here---> https://www.facebook.com/notes/merbe...42703012452450

In your situation, I don't think it's rude or demanding at all to send a frequent email. Just be sure to send it to email, not FB message. I'd even say, it's day ___ and I was just hoping things were progressing with my tail. Any ETA for me?

That sort of deal!
    i'm always very polite and direct <3

Merbella Tail Waiting Time?

186 days was my wait. I too saw tails that were ordered after mine being sent out before mine, so I know how you feel! Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. I know I doesn't feel good seeing others get their tails first, but I can say its worth the wait! When my tail arrived I forgot all about it, I was so happy I hope you hear from Raven soon!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Also general trouble shooting, be sure you email her from the SAME email or it could be confusing on her end keeping customers straight. But yeah, def email her and describe the tail you ordered so she knows who is who. A few people have bene messaging her using diff emails and FB and it's tricky sorting out who is who.

Also general trouble shooting, be sure you email her from the SAME email or it could be confusing on her end keeping customers straight. But yeah, def email her and describe the tail you ordered so she knows who is who. A few people have bene messaging her using diff emails and FB and it's tricky sorting out who is who.

I thought the kept every current costumer apart in her email system? And I really must say, the first time I emailed her(at the same email) it took er 2 months afther she respond and said She hasen't recieved an email from me over all that time 0_0 I resended that email like 50 times or so....and hearing she diden't get it? was so weird. And noow sometimes, I send a new email with another title and I get quicker responding.

she does keep them separate and starred, but many people just pick up a conversation from a totally new email address and there's no way to know who it is, especially with people jumping between their mermaid emails, and their real life emails. And yeah, remember how I said how many emails they get in the run of a day? Google will mark certain things automatically as spam. So they have to get through all the emails, and all the spam.

she does keep them separate and starred, but many people just pick up a conversation from a totally new email address and there's no way to know who it is, especially with people jumping between their mermaid emails, and their real life emails. And yeah, remember how I said how many emails they get in the run of a day? Google will mark certain things automatically as spam. So they have to get through all the emails, and all the spam.

I always use the same email adress !

I let her know when I switched from my main e-mail to my mermaid. I sent her an e-mail with my original address saying that I will be moving things to (blank) e-mail, then sent a follow up with that one. :-) So far, everything has worked out fine with that.

I'm currently 41 days away from my 120 day mark, but I have a complicated paint design plus all of my fins (including fluke) are custom... So, I'm really not expecting it to be done on my 120 days. :-P I don't feel bad or anything about it and I don't want her to feel bad if she does go over my 120 days. I'm really not expecting to get my tail until September possibly early October and my payment went through April 30th.

So... All in all... it'll be a bit, but it will be worth the wait. Just ask her like Ariel and Raina have said. :-D I hate e-mailing people in general, especially when I know they're busy. I just don't want to pester them. Haha Best of luck!
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

She is super busy right now and working 24/7 to get things done I assure you <3

Just hit day 192. I do believe I am going to hit 200. Going for a record woo!

My tail gets shipped tomorrow and its 174 days in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Crazy View Post
    Just hit day 192. I do believe I am going to hit 200. Going for a record woo!

Did you order a performance or a Basic?

Basic, mostly dark colours. White on the bottom of the fluke but that's all.

I know she's working on it. A few clients have set her back time wise but she's busting her fins. I check in everyday and get the updates.