Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter funds rape. (NSFW, plz sign petition)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Kickstarter funds rape. (NSFW, plz sign petition)

http://kxhara.deviantart.com/journal...raid-379409864

This is the most concise article I've found on what's happening in the kickstarter community right now.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    WOW!! That is so degrading to women everywhere WTH.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    I saw this on my tumblr feed yesterday and signed the petition.
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

woah.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    oh my, the author of that manual must be deluded.
    It would be funny, if it weren't terrible.

He should seek help imo
    "I re-open a girl by walking up, grabbing her, caveman-ing her against the wall & kissing her. Then I cast her aside and get a drink at the bar. The entire time she is staring like "OMG who is this guy?" (in a good way)."

^^this quote alone is proof.
    I bet my shell collection what she was REALLY thinking was,
    "WTH? Do I know that idiot?! ...Must be drunk, on drugs, or totally retarded."

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    "The current state of the seduction industry is broken."

Anyone who uses the phrase "seduction industry" is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    "The current state of the seduction industry is broken."

Anyone who uses the phrase "seduction industry" is broken.
    +10000864346780
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Pff... This makes my skin crawl.

*action in progress....
    Step 1: Signing petition..*

That is TERRIFYING. Yeesh! I have enough problems with guys wanting to sleep with me, I don't need them "caveman-ing" me against a wall to make out! *shudders* This is just wrong on so many ways. >< I want to sign the petition, but my computer freezes when I try. :<

>< Terrifying!
    *bubbles*
    Mermaid Kalliope

Live long and swim free!

deviantART
    Facebook page

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    anyone 'cavemans' me, I'll kick him where it hurts. Then turn him over to my husband who already has jealousy issues, and no respect for those that abuse women. Hopefully the guy learns, after the physical therapy just to learn to walk straight again.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

I saw a news article on this yesterday. The thing I couldn't get was the comment section, where most people were rational, but there were a few screaming: feminists! blah blah. Seriously? If any guy tried any of the moves in that book on me he'd be lucky to walk away with assult charges. Let's just say those double pointed needles I use to knit socks may and can be used for other purposes, and I'm a writer with a good imagination. . . . :P

I am just really shocked that kickstarter claims that the material wasn't against their tos and they didn't have any reason to take it down. I wonder if they thought that it would blow over and he wouldn't get enough funds. Unfortunately with the media getting involved there were probably more people donating who wouldn't have otherwise just because they believe in free speech, not the actual content of the book. And, yes, unfortunately I know some people like this. As soon as gun rights became an issue, they went out to buy a gun just because "the Government said I can't have one." :S Sadly, I don't think they took safety classes or probably lock them properly up at home either, but that's another issue entirely. Beyond the petition there are two things anyone can do. 1) Don't buy the book. 2) Use another outlet to raise funds other than Kickstarter (and there are a few others out there). Hitting someone in the wallet can sometimes be the best way to getting your point across.

That is horrible! I'm so disgusted and angry and grrrrr...

I'm unfortunately not surprised. Reddit has a number of these arseholes, this guy is one they look up to. They are disgusting excuses for men, but they'll never see it that way. (I avoid Reddit, btw. Just pointing out that one of the largest sites on the web has plenty of these losers.)

Signing petition.

The good news is: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...f=home_popular

Project no longer available.

Kickstarter has apologized, petitions work. It brought the situation to their attention with only TWO hours to go.

http://mashable.com/2013/06/21/kicks...duction-guide/

Seduction guide? That man, the author is sick. He will end up in jail one day. Or worse/better. Worse to him, better for us all.

One of my friends just told me that the project was funded and closed even though Kickstarter had issued an apology.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/blog/we-were-wrong

So does that mean this useless dirt bag got to make this piece of crap?

He gets the funds! GAH.

First, there is no taking back money from the project or canceling funding after the fact. When the project was funded the backers’ money went directly from them to the creator. We missed the window.
    Second, the project page has been removed from Kickstarter. The project has no place on our site. For transparency’s sake, a record of the page is cached here.
    Third, we are prohibiting “seduction guides,” or anything similar, effective immediately. This material encourages misogynistic behavior and is inconsistent with our mission of funding creative works. These things do not belong on Kickstarter.
    Fourth, today Kickstarter will donate $25,000 to an anti-sexual violence organization called RAINN. It’s an excellent organization that combats exactly the sort of problems our inaction may have encouraged.
    But he posts his shite all over Reddit, and idiots there LISTEN to him and think he's some kind of god.

Men like him are why I stopped going to that site.

I wonder how many stupid guys take his advice and end up kicked in the crotch. I wonder how many women have been traumatized. I hope he ends up in jail. These things he espouses are not seduction.
    Last edited by deepblue; 06-21-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Gah, so many edits.

If a man tried some of this stuff on me, he'd get permanent nail scars across the face.

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakarotte View Post
    If a man tried some of this stuff on me, he'd get permanent nail scars across the face.
    Like x10000000000 also he'd probably have no nuts left once my heels met them =]

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

I know, I wrote something very similar on my FB about this... these guys who believe him... some of them are going to end up really injured for a good reason.

In an era where we're trying to make people realize that teaching people not to rape is the only way to prevent it, this guy's teaching the opposite.

What we need to do as a nation is start to reach out to this segment of society that's made up of lonely, awkward, resentful men who don't know how to socialize with women in a way that lends itself to developing loving romantic relationships. They're ridiculed as "Nice Guys" and we spitefully lecture them on how they suck, and how they have ulterior motives for interacting with females, but it's these men that the seduction industry preys upon.