Thread: Fin Fun sent our tail to someone else :(

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Fin Fun sent our tail to someone else :(

On June 6th we ordered a tail from fin fun mermaids tails. With S+H + currency difference, we ended up paying twice the tail. We've been waiting and waiting, and no tail, so I went back and checked all my saved emails from them. They gave us a tracking number so I checked it, someone else already claimed the tail in California WEEKS AGO! Signed for and everything. =( we bought the tail so early so we could surprise our niece with it for Canada Day (this weekend). Also, I have been wanting to make a bulk order from Fin Fun for my company and she was going to officially test it out for us. I am insanely bummed. We bought a treasure chest to hide it in this weekend and we're making a treasure map for her to follow to find it. I would have checked the tracking number sooner, but it went to my spam and I didn't realize they sent one. They did send a confirmation of my order back when I first did it, and that showed that I put in all the correct information.

Anyway, I just emailed them all that and forwarded them my proof that we gave the correct information. I feel so bad about this. I wish I realized it happened sooner, but sometimes stuff takes a long time in the mail and I've trained myself to be patient so I was keeping busy you know? I thought it would be here by now and have had several packages arrive that were ordered long after, so I was starting to get worried and thought maybe customs had it.

Ugh, just so seriously bummed. The whole thing was more expensive than I hoped, and now we wont even have it for her surprise in time. =(

Senior Member Pod of The South Ariadne's Avatar
    Add Ariadne on Facebook
    Boo! Hate to hear that...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I am SOO sorry Raina. That really sucks. I hope that they are going to fix it sence they sent it to the wrong place. I hope you get this resolved soon.
    Be Happy Swim Free

Oh gosh, that sucks SO bad! I'm so sorry about that; I had good experience with them ordering some swim shorts and I know I'm not alone with that. Hopefully the issue will be resolved, even if it doesn't arrive on time. ):

it's just a bummer we went through so much work of makng a treasure box and map! lol

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    That's terrible!!! Please keep us updated on what all happens.

Finfun emailed me back. They said the traffic number only follows it until it's passed over from ups to a canadian postal service and that it should be on route to me. But I find that confusing. I live next to a ups store. We have ups. I don't understand why a tracking number would only follow a package part of the way. If they sent it ups I would receive it ups. Also, ups told me someone named Jason signed for it. I order loads of things from the states and have never had this happen. I am just wondering if they accidentally gave me the wrong tracking number. Anyway they said it should still arrive any day. Here's hoping when I go home it'll be here!!!!

Wow, yeah, I'll cross my fingers and pray that it arrives on time... it's hard enough getting one's own plans to work out without having other people foil them through their incompetence.

It's here!

It didn't go through UPS either like the tracking number we were given was. The whole process was very confusing. We live next to a UPS store, so if I am given a UPS tracking number I assume it's coming via UPS and not changing to another post service haf way.

For Canada Day weekend we're setting up a treasure hunt for our niece and nephew. They each have a special summer gift inside a treasure box, that'll be buried on the beach. Then they'll get the treasure map and it's a hunting we will go. A.J is getting a cars (the movie) hooded wrap around towel that makes you look like a race car driver, and S.L. is getting her own mermaid tail. We are too excited haha.

Also, "likes" do not show up on the fin fun page that I can see it's weird. No way to see how many likes they have for their page! random.

SO cool! I love that fabric and have been planning to order more swim shorts in some of the scale patterns! Tell us how it all goes. <3

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    It's here!

A.J is getting a cars (the movie) hooded wrap around towel that makes you look like a race car driver, and S.L. is getting her own mermaid tail. We are too excited haha.

Oh Raina,
    The treasure box is lovely! Where did you get it? What does the cover look like? I'm using the same fabric for a tail I'm making too, Love the blue! S.L. is gonna LOVE this! I am pitiful when left hanging for details! LOL! I am so happy the tail arrived on time! Please take more pix if allowed with her wearing the tail!

Hugz and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

man where do you ladies find this fabric cuz I want some mermaid tights hahaha

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    man where do you ladies find this fabric cuz I want some mermaid tights hahaha
    Spandexhouse.com has both small and large scales in 4 colours: gold, silver, blue and green!

I love this place, they will send samples if you don't mind waiting!

(((HUGz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Should probably at least edit the title since it was resolved and they didn't actually do anything wrong.

Glad it worked out, though!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I am glad things worked out Raina.
    Be Happy Swim Free