Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Meetup at the Galleria on Sunday, September 11th

Senior Member Pod of Texas Taylor is a Mermaid's Avatar

Mermaid Meetup at the Galleria on Sunday, September 11th

D'oh! The Galleria closes at 6 on Sunday, so we'll have to try for Saturday. I hope that still works. Jewel can't get there until after 5 PM, so we'll plan on around then. Who else can come? I know Scarlet/Crimson is in, and Jewel is too.
    Last edited by Taylor is a Mermaid; 08-28-2011 at 12:20 AM.

So the meetup is on Saturday the 10th now; correct? My shoot is at 1pm in Dallas so I should be able to pop by.

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    Oh! Sounds fun! I'll see what I can do!

Well my parents weren't too thrilled with the idea. They did agree, however, that if it was a convention or like official-type gathering, they'd let me go. I mean, you guys can go ahead but I'm gonna think about planning a gathering. Maybe renting out a place or planning a party at a rec center? We can meet and swim and I think it'll help both my parents and any others with similar problems feel more comfortable then.
    Mermaid Jewel

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Hamant's Avatar
    Sounds like fun! I have no idea if I can go though...

So Jewel, you're out? Well we could have had it earlier on Sunday if you weren't sure you could make it. Now I'm not sure what we should do--I probably shouldn't have posted a date in the topic.

Yeah I'm out. Hey, I'll make a new thread about the gathering. I'm thinking about local rec centers though so it's not as crowded but it might be a tad farther for some of you guys. The good thing about rec centers though is you can swim in the middle of winter
    Mermaid Jewel

@ Jewel - I seriously don't understand what the problem is with the informal meeting first. Are you not allowed to go out alone to a public place? I thought you were almost 18; I'm sorry if I got that wrong. I'm just confused why a more private rec center would be more ok than a public mall for a first meeting.

My parents are concerned with me meeting someone I know from a forum, normal over-protective parents. I talked to my mom about it and I said that if it was more of like a convention, would it be okay, and she said yes. I don't know why, but she preferred that. I can ask her again, because I'd rather go to Galleria first, and I told her she could come with me. I'm not exactly sure her reasoning.
    Mermaid Jewel

Well once we have more of a solid date/time/who's coming, she'll probably feel better.
    Mermaid Jewel

We had a solid date and time. I understand things come up, just next time please don't commit and get us to work a schedule around you if you are not sure you can make it.

I'll talk to her again, but I'm sorry, I didn't realize she'd have such a big problem with it. Sorry if it left a mess, I'll try my best to make it. Scarlet, you make a good point so I'm gonna bring that up
    Last edited by Mermaid Jewel; 08-30-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Wording
    Mermaid Jewel

Ah my rehearsal schedule just shifted. You can go ahead and make it earlier if you'd like, I won't be able to make it anyways. Sorry for any inconvenience I caused and also sorry if anything I said last night seems odd, I was really tired and stressed.
    Mermaid Jewel

I understand being tired and stressed; we've all been there. I do think maybe earlier on the 11th would be better, but I'm not sure. I hate to keep moving things around--I'd like to get something set in stone so it isn't so confusing. The galleria closes at 6 on Sundays. How would 2 sound for everybody?

2pm on Sunday the 11th would work well for me. Have a tight-timed commission to make that needs to be shipped before I head to NOLA on the 15th so might not be able to stay long at all but I'd be there!

Senior Member Pod of Texas CynthiaMermaid's Avatar
    I may be able to attend a Galleria meet up on Sunday, but I am not sure as I have to work part of Sunday. Where in the Galleria?

I'm 100% for sure in now; my photoshoot got cancelled for Saturday so now I have a full day of sewing. As for where to meetup I'm not sure where the best place is. I know there are tables and chairs outside of Starbucks in the center of the mall; would that be a good place?

Yes, let's plan for Starbucks. I'm excited!

Ok, 2pm at the tables outside of Starbucks in the Dallas Galleria. Yay!

Have fun you guys!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG