Thread: My Magictail monofin split :(

My Magictail monofin split :(

Hey merpeople,

I am very sad as after just 10 hours of swimming in it, my magictail monofin has a split down the middle my friends ones are still ok in that place though, though one of them has a fin tip that has snapped off. Has this happened to anyone else, and what was your experience getting a replacement? They seem really reluctant to replace it, they want me to buy a new one. Does that mean that they only last 10 hours or so? Or that I got a dud one and they just don't want to fix it?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yeah this is a common complaint

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeriedaughter View Post
    They seem really reluctant to replace it, they want me to buy a new one. Does that mean that they only last 10 hours or so? Or that I got a dud one and they just don't want to fix it?
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    My experiences with their customer service can only be called top-notch.
    They reply to emails within minutes, and they replaced my first monofin without me asking when it cracked.

May I ask when you bought your tail?
    Mine had the older monofin version, which was quite flimsy.
    Those tend to break fast (although I have a second one which holds up fine so far, fingers crossed).
    The newer fins are thicker and more sturdy, so if that one broke, they probably assume you didn't handle it carefully enough.