Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Body Goals-Accountability Thread

Pearl I totally wanna see before and after photos of the corset training!
    The SeaGlass Siren

French, when you do the squat challenge does it include reps?
    The SeaGlass Siren

I've been trying to work out (lift weights, exercise machines, jog/powerwalk around the track) on MWF and swim on Tuesday, Thursday and weekends, but I admit that I look forward to swimming (mostly dolphin kick underwater, though I can tread water in various ways for an extended period of time, and I tend to practice freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and sidestroke (but not sunstroke) as well) far more than I do lifting. French Merman does indeed look hot already, but it's great to have goals to improve on as well. Coradion looks good as well... I will take some pictures with my webcam in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    Pearl I totally wanna see before and after photos of the corset training!
    thanks but I dont think I will really be committed to this. My before pic is on the last page though.

You know... one thing I think a lot of people don't get about those of us who want to be in or keep up a great physical shape is that... it feels good. Yeah, it can hurt, but it's not like you broke a bone. It's the right kind of pain. And I love the muscle soreness the next day (and if it's really bad, kombucha tea can help get that lactic acide moving out of your muscles). It's victorious. Esp for someone like me who couldn't walk up a flight of stairs for the first 20 years of her life without having to stop and catch a breath, and who was in and out of ERs, and tested for cyctic fibrosis because my asthma was so fecking bad. Every workout is a victory, not a chore. Even on the days when I can barely make myself do it because I'm dealing with something in my array of mental challenges... it's a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by A French Merman View Post
    It's a sign! I'll take it as one. :P Just laying here in bed, thinking I ought to add squats on in between workout days. And here's this challenge as a guide. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by MerAnthony View Post
    I think I am up for it on the pictures. But on a sad note when it comes to the leg area of exercise I am a little restrained in that area. I have a slightly torn meniscus in my right knee an sence last year I was told that I have it, it still has not healed. So any amount of bending or climbing stairs an sometimes walking puts me in alot of pain, because my knee will swell an look like there is a grapefruit under my knee cap. But everything else is go.
    I can relate. When I first started physical activity and started working out, I ran on in between days (nothing compared to most, but I built up over time). But I broke my foot two years ago, and because I was on steroids for an ER asthma visit (turned out I couldn't live where I was and breathe), my foot bones went osteopenic in the cast. The bones deteriorated. I couldn't walk for six months, and had to relearn. So I can't go running or the impact of my weight could crack my foot bones. I have to be careful about the cardio portion of my workout, and I need to get an x-ray to check progress and see if my bones have rebuilt at all. I miss running a lot! I'd have to work back up, my asthma gave me a lot of constant trouble for a couple years there.

I like that we both can see it's not a reason to not work out... it's just something to work around.

Oh, and I can't do pics right now... my camera phone is my only camera and frankly it's too hard to get pics. I constantly forget that before I try.

French, when you do the squat challenge does it include reps?
    @ SeaGlass Siren... Actually, the numbers are the reps that you have to do each day

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    I've been trying to work out (lift weights, exercise machines, jog/powerwalk around the track) on MWF and swim on Tuesday, Thursday and weekends, but I admit that I look forward to swimming (mostly dolphin kick underwater, though I can tread water in various ways for an extended period of time, and I tend to practice freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and sidestroke (but not sunstroke) as well) far more than I do lifting. French Merman does indeed look hot already, but it's great to have goals to improve on as well. Coradion looks good as well... I will take some pictures with my webcam in a bit.
    Thanks for the "HOT" comment

My pleasure, A French Merman. Ok, my turn to bare all. Feast (or avert) your eyes!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Oh, and those pictures are taken right after I got home from a combination of tai chi class, walking over a mile on the track, and various weight machines (and a shower)

I've committed to replacing at least half my diet with raw foods such as fruit, nuts, and leafy greens. Instead of eating waffles and processed soy "fauxsage" in the mornings, I'm eating yogurt stuffed with dried fruit and walnuts. Which, I might add, is an AMAZING appetite suppressant. I've lost about 3lbs (almost 1 1/2 kg) since I started about 3 weeks ago.

I started doing this after years of freaking out at the scale, and seeing how good one of my friends looks after eating more raw foods. I've gained about 15-20ish pounds (7-9kgs) in about 3 1/2 years. Granted, in that time, I've been on and off about 3 different birth control pills, but I've also eased up on a purging eating disorder that I've fought with for 8 years. This diet helps SO much with that. Any time you start recovering from most eating disorders, you're going to gain weight. I've only gone up 1 size in clothing, so this leads me to believe my muscles are getting more nutrients to grow more. I've always been an avid weightifter. Since I quit purging, I can now do arm curls with 35lb dumbells (up from 25).

Back in '10 I looked like this (NSFW, I am a nude art model for a living): http://i43.tinypic.com/n66oma.jpg

Now, I look like this (Again, no children, nude art photo): http://i43.tinypic.com/2l9kyme.jpg

I can't wait to see what I look like in a few months!

French Merman, NEVER lose that butt!
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Thanks for the "HOT" comment
    erm, I'm not 100% sure, but I was under the impression you are the merman swimming in your signature?
    Because that guy is certainly one of the best looking men I've ever seen.
    I always like to see your posts and watch the sig for a while because it looks so much like a God of the Sea

(No, I'm not drooling. I'm asexual hehe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarotte View Post
    I've committed to replacing at least half my diet with raw foods such as fruit, nuts, and leafy greens. Instead of eating waffles and processed soy "fauxsage" in the mornings, I'm eating yogurt stuffed with dried fruit and walnuts. Which, I might add, is an AMAZING appetite suppressant. I've lost about 3lbs (almost 1 1/2 kg) since I started about 3 weeks ago.

I started doing this after years of freaking out at the scale, and seeing how good one of my friends looks after eating more raw foods. I've gained about 15-20ish pounds (7-9kgs) in about 3 1/2 years. Granted, in that time, I've been on and off about 3 different birth control pills, but I've also eased up on a purging eating disorder that I've fought with for 8 years. This diet helps SO much with that. Any time you start recovering from most eating disorders, you're going to gain weight. I've only gone up 1 size in clothing, so this leads me to believe my muscles are getting more nutrients to grow more. I've always been an avid weightifter. Since I quit purging, I can now do arm curls with 35lb dumbells (up from 25).

Back in '10 I looked like this (NSFW, I am a nude art model for a living): http://i43.tinypic.com/n66oma.jpg

Now, I look like this (Again, no children, nude art photo): http://i43.tinypic.com/2l9kyme.jpg

I can't wait to see what I look like in a few months!

French Merman, NEVER lose that butt!
    HAHAHAHA! I won't, i promise.
    I love my bubble butt. If i could, i'd fuck myself LOL

(i know that's a weird statement but you get what i'm saying..)

Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    erm, I'm not 100% sure, but I was under the impression you are the merman swimming in your signature?
    Because that guy is certainly one of the best looking men I've ever seen.
    I always like to see your posts and watch the sig for a while because it looks so much like a God of the Sea

(No, I'm not drooling. I'm asexual hehe.)
    Actually, the guy in my signature is one of the male leads in the new H20 serie in production. His name is Chai Romruen.
    I'm working out a lot to be in the same good shape as him. I want to have the same stunning look with my future performance tail from Raven.
    I agree that he's very handsome with his tail on.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Actually, the guy in my signature is one of the male leads in the new H20 serie in production. His name is Chai Romruen.
    Ah, my bad.
    Many mers use pics and gifs of themselves, so.

He's a good swimmer, too.
    Might check out that new H2O. Hopefully it's now moved away from Highschool and teenies a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    Ah, my bad.
    Many mers use pics and gifs of themselves, so.

He's a good swimmer, too.
    Might check out that new H2O. Hopefully it's now moved away from Highschool and teenies a bit?
    Hey now, I'm 29 and I loved that show! It's what brought me here so nyeh! Lol
    Feel free to friend me on Facebook

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Never truly seen it- only found bits on youtube (of horrible quality too, phone uploaded- headache!), because it never aired in my country.
    If it had, I probably would have watched it all and become a fan no matter what

I liked Sabrina down under, which is also more teen oriented and a comedy.
    Aquamarine was just too silly for my taste though.

Girls, as much as i like the H2O serie, i think you are going way out of topic here.

Let's do our best to not troll the thread by respect for Coradion who created it.

Just a friendly reminder

xoxo.

@ SeaGlass Siren... Actually, the numbers are the reps that you have to do each day
    Wait I'm confused... How many reps and sets? oh my god it's been forever since I've taken gym glass..
    The SeaGlass Siren

Wait I'm confused... How many reps and sets? oh my god it's been forever since I've taken gym glass..
    Well, i think the picture is pretty clear already.
    Day 1, you do squats 50 times/reps in one set. Day 2, 55 reps. Day 3, 60...
    Basically, you add 5 reps every day except Day 4 where you need to take a break. Be really serious about this challenge or else, the results won't be good.
    You have seen my improved big butt anyway and the examples that i showed earlier. Good luck!

and remember the most important thing : No pain = No gain.

Ohh ok xD that makes sense now. I'm good I did 50 today
    The SeaGlass Siren