Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MerNation: A Review of a 5 Star Company (lots of photos)

MerNation: A Review of a 5 Star Company (lots of photos)

I just emailed mernation about a tail based on this review!!
    Mermaid Nami
    "Saving Our Sharks"

Senior Member Pod of The South WavyMermaidy's Avatar
    Yay, that's awesome Nami!!

How much do the Mernation tails go for? They are beautiful!

Gorgeous!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Quote Originally Posted by fawkes View Post
    How much do the Mernation tails go for? They are beautiful!
    The silicone tails start at $2500

Beautiful tail!
    “The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.”
    Isak Dinesen - http://www.worldofquotes.com/topic/water/2/index.html
    Follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

My Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermai...38613266232787

My Youtube page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidDanielle2012

I think I just found this post at the right time.....I have been waiting for a response from raven for weeks......maybe I save some extra $ and go with MERNATION!
    [IMG][/IMG]

www.facebook.com/mermaidavalon "like" my page on FB and I'll be happy to do the same

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    So I just wanted to say how finominal this company is about replying to fb messages. I've got my heart set on this company because of how epic they are to talk to and bounce around ideas with. They are SO great!
    I'm so looking forward to being able to actually order my tail!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Wow, that tail is beautiful. I love Raven tails but if I get the new job I'm interviewing for and am able to save up for a silicone tail in the next few months or so I will probably go with them or FinFolk simply because Raven is so overloaded!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Hey all! I have been on a mini mermaid hiatus over the holidays but am about to start up with some more events as of this weekend. I have had my MerNation tail for seven months now, and I thought it was a good time to give an update on how it is holding up.

Now granted I don't use my tail every day, but throughout the summer and fall (and as it shall be again starting this weekend) I went swimming several times in fresh, salt, and pool water and had quite a few dry events in various conditions - inside, outside, sitting and laying down, sun, shade, concrete and wood flooring, lots of kids pulling, yanking, stepping on and lifting my fluke, etc etc etc. I take good care of my tail except that I tend to pull and yank quite a bit at the waist to get it on. So it has gone through quite it's share of abuse in my opinion. With all that, the only wear I see is a little paint flake and a tiny tear (only 1/8th inch long with the backing still intact) right at the waist where I pull all the time not nearly as gently as i know i should. I only noticed this the other day only because I was looking really hard for any wear. Otherwise, the tail looks just like the day I brought it home. The color is still bright and vibrant, no separation or tears or abrasions on the fluke or anywhere else. The silicone is quite thick everywhere so I imagine it would take a lot to do damage, but I try to be gentle for the most part.

So that's that at this point. I am looking forward to getting back in the swing (swim?) of things. This weekend the tail and I are headed to a birthday party, and after that its a three hour open-house at work. In a few months we're having a festival and my boss is going to get a pool for me to swim in for it...woo hoo!

As for my old Fish Butts tail, it was gifted and taken in for my (much skinnier than myself) niece who is making a splash with it in her high school and will hopefully be taking it on to college.
    Last edited by WavyMermaidy; 01-18-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks so much for the update Wavy! So glad to hear everything is going well! We too can't wait for it to warm up a bit

Next time you are in the Tampa area let us know and we will be happy to fix that tear for you, free of charge!

Best of luck with your birthday party this weekend We hope to see pics on Facebook!

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    I now wish I lived in Florida.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mernation View Post
    Thanks so much for the update Wavy! So glad to hear everything is going well! We too can't wait for it to warm up a bit

Next time you are in the Tampa area let us know and we will be happy to fix that tear for you, free of charge!

Best of luck with your birthday party this weekend We hope to see pics on Facebook!
    Hi Mernation,
    We don't see many photos of your tails orders on Facebook. The last ones were from 15th November 2013, it was a red tail with dark blue spots.
    Perhaps for this year, you could share more. Would that be possible?
    What's up with the "organic" fluke? Have you made some tails with it yet? We haven't seen much pictures about it either.

Keep up the good work. Happy new year!

Greetings Merman Arion!

We just recently finished up a fun bright silicone tail. Expect some awesome pics from that fun and fabulous Mermaid! And we have been working on several fabric tails as well. We are currently working on our first organic fluke design and are really excited to show you all the new tail!!! We will definitely be posting the pics up on our Facebook page so be sure to check them out! And we will be finishing up a couple more in February!

We've had a great start to the New Year and expect to keep busy through 2014! We appreciate everyone's interest and support!

Hope you have a fabulous year as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Dottie View Post
    I now wish I lived in Florida.
    We wish you did too Dottie!!! Would love to go for a swim with you!

Thanks, guys! That is much appreciated, and it would be super nice to see you guys again! And yes I'll definitely post some party pics after the weekend

We wish you did too Dottie!!! Would love to go for a swim with you!
    The feeling is WAY mutual, I assure you!
    Mermaid Dottie

see now i want one from them to. I love my mermaid creations tail but dang it i want to have 2 tails or 3 or 4... LOL! besides would love to see how they would handle my arctic tail design. I saw wavys tail in person at alexander springs last year. wow it was pretty andthe colors so vibrant and iridescent!

Oddly you will fix that tear free of charge but my tail is a mess and stands unfixed?? How sad!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk