Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finfolk Productions Design Base

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel

Finfolk Productions Design Base

Name:  FinfolkBase.jpg
Views: 1849
Size:  188.9 KB
    A base for one of FinFolk Productions' fluke styles that I whipped up on the computer today.
    Free to use, Please don't say you drew it, and have Fun! I hope you will post your designs, here. (but you don't have to, that's not a requirement.)
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    And here's another.
    Name:  FinFolkBase 2.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  96.9 KB
    I still can't get a good enough look at their leafy fluke to make a base out of it.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    This is awesome!
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Thanks. like I said, I'm still trying to figure out their other one.
    Mermaid Dottie

This one is pretty close, I think...
    Name:  FinFolkBase3.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  164.1 KB
    Mermaid Dottie

Yeah, I've always had a hard time figuring out the exact shape of the leafy flukes too. They're just so flowy! As far as I can tell, your rendition looks pretty close...

I think it's still a little wrong, but that's the best I can muster. It really is one of the most unique shapes out there. The only one I can think of that would compete is Raven's Angler fluke.
    Mermaid Dottie

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    awesome!

wow thats pretty! ^^

Thanks, guys. I sent them to Abby and Bryn, and they seemed to like them. I just wanted people to be able to design their dream tails, if their dream were FinFolk.
    (or mermaid creations. I did one of those two.)
    If you ask for one, the mernation girls have a coloring base as well, though I gave it a little boost in photoshop.
    Mermaid Dottie

Where did the mernation base go? I thought it was up on this site somewhere, but I can't find it.
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    Name:  IMG_20131018_230127.jpg
Views: 2086
Size:  91.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20131018_230318.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  136.6 KB

Hyper-excited unboxing/unboxed pictures! Sorry for the Instagram filter, the lighting was bad. The colours are totally more visible on other pictures on my FB. I took an unboxing video as well, I'll get that sorted as soon as I can!

p.s AAAAHHHH SO BEAUTIFUL. SO BEAUTIFUL.
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Oh my god, I love the first image. O:

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    You are cuter than a speckled pup in a red wagon! Congrats!

Add Mermaid Syrena on Facebook
    Thanks, Emma and PearlieMae! And whhooooppps, I just realized I posted this in the wrong Finfolk thread. Feel free to remove this, admins! Gonna repost this in the other threads.
    User formerly known as "magickshewrote".

Syrena, Singapore's First Mermaid.“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl.

Join me at www.facebook.com/syrenaswims
    I'm Cara Clandestine (magickshewrote@gmail.com) on Facebook.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    Thought someone should probably post the official templates from the finfolk facebook page, so here they are

this seems like the best thread to ask this.

does this mean they are up for making custom flukes? I sent them an ask about it but I know they are busy ladies so if someone knows that would be very helpful ^__^

(my friend and I have come up with some very unique shaped flukes and we are trying to find a silicone tail-maker who might be up for the task.

also, has anyone ever requested a tail that was a bit shorter? the flukes on average seem to be a bit longer then I would personally like and I am wondering if this is an option.)

[if I should post this in a different thread please lemme know and I will remove this, I don't want to rudely clutter up a thread]

Hi little blue! I just received my FinFolk tail a day ago. I know they make VERY custom tails. Both me and mermaid Jessica pearl had a very beautiful and unique paint jobs, they created stencils just for us - with no extra cost. I also know they have made unique and interesting tails like their man-o-war and lion fish tail. They are also working on an amazing tail at the moment (which I won't give away the details). They have also made custom fins for customers. So I think the ladies would be up to the task but there might be an extra cost. HOWEVER they are super busy. They had a few set backs over the last few months and are literally working nonstop to get back on top of everything. So if you don't hear back from the straight away don't get discouraged. I haven't known them to make a custom fluke yet but they seem to enjoy a challenge I would ask and keep asking. I hope you are able to get something wonderful made, will like to see it one day xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you //^-^// oh no worries, I wouldn't even have the funds to order until December, at the soonest. I hope that the fluke is a possibility ^^ my friend (mermaid Lotus, also known as Lotus-blooming on here) has made a very unique fluke shape design as well. I will be sure to take your advice and not get discouraged if they take a few days/weeks to respond ^^ I think that they would at least appreciate the designs. ^^ when I know for sure that the fluke designs can be made and I order I will definitely post the template Lotus drew for me

thank you for your sweet and helpful response ^^ (I am also looking into mernation, and considering merbella but she is usually so very busy)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Ilyena's Avatar
    Add Ilyena on Facebook
    Visit Ilyena's Youtube Channel
    I had thought the Loreena fluke was a custom fluke designed by syreana the Singapore mermaid (sorry if I spelt it wrong). To which they now offer to other mers??
    When Fantasy is Reality

Links: ^_^
    >
    Mermaid Ilyena >Adelaide Mermaids
    >
    Hippocampus Creations >Etsy